Diploma in Journalism is a specialized professional course in the field of Journalism. Journalism is based on staying on the path of truth, editing your thoughts with freedom and showing important information clearly without any fear. student who journalism And mass communication are planning to make their career in the field of Diploma can choose to do. Students wishing to take admission in this program must ensure that their college is approved by the UGC. Diploma in Journalism is a 2-year diploma course offered after successful completion of 10+2 from a recognized educational board. Let us know in detail about the Diploma in Journalism course.
|course name||Diploma in Journalism|
|Exam Type||Semester Wise / Year Wise|
|Qualification||Must have passed 12th with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission Process||entrance test based|
|course fee||10 thousand rupees – up to 5 lakh rupees|
Why do Diploma in Journalism?
A career in Journalism is a highly lucrative option for candidates as it offers more options for salary and career advancement than others. The information about why to do Diploma in Journalism is given below-
- Candidates having diploma in the field of journalism can work in media and entertainment industries. According to a report by The Hindu Newspaper, more than 2.7 lakh jobs are expected to come from the media and entertainment industry in the coming 3 years, thus creating new employment opportunities for diploma candidates in generalism.
- After completion of the course, candidates can pursue various profiles in which news reporter, writer, Associate Editor, Proofreader, Critic, Photojournalist, etc. Journalists in India are paid good salaries and get an opportunity to work in some of the biggest media houses which include Times of India, ABP News, Zee Network, NDTV etc.
- journalist The job profile is a bit challenging as they have to travel frequently and face difficult situations like crime bust, natural calamity, sting operation etc. However, bringing a good report also brings certain satisfaction. According to the Career Explorer website, journalists around the world rate their job satisfaction as 3.4 out of 5, the highest of any career.
- The objective of this course is to inculcate good communication skills and creative skills in the students which helps them to find jobs in the field of writing and enhance their communication skills.
Skills for Diploma in Journalism
Candidates pursuing Diploma course in Journalism must possess some essential skills, which are given below-
- general awareness
- communication skills
- fact changing
- investigative skills
- eye to detail
- political knowledge
- financial knowledge
- logical thinking
- reporting skills
- open minded
Subjects in Diploma in Journalism
The list of subjects in Diploma in Journalism is as follows:
- theory and practice
- Writing for Print Media, Writing for Radio
- Writing for Film and Television
- editing techniques
- Introduction to Journalism
- history of journalism
Diploma in Journalism Syllabus
What are the syllabus in Diploma in Journalism course, they are given below-
- Reporting and Editing of Print Media
- Introduction to Integrated Marketing Communication
- communication theory
- Indian Constitution Media Law and Ethics
- elements of photography
- cultural education
- Contemporary Communication Studies
- Basic Animation and Web Designing
- Broadcast Journalism: Television and Radio
- Introduction to Graphic Production for Printing
- film studies
want to study abroad AI Course Finder With the help of this you can easily choose the courses and universities for yourself.
Foreign Universities for Diploma in Journalism
The names of foreign universities offering Diploma in Journalism are as follows:
UniConnectIndia’s first and largest university fair where you can get a chance to talk to the representative of the university of your choice while sitting at home.
Indian Colleges for Diploma in Journalism
The names of Indian colleges for Diploma in Journalism are as follows:
|College||Full Course Fee (INR)|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi||40 thousand|
|Asian College of Journalism, Chennai||2.95|
|Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi||1.32 lakh|
|Xavier’s Institute of Communication, Mumbai||2.26 lakh|
|Madras Christian College, Chennai||28 thousand rupees|
|Xavier’s College, Mumbai||22 thousand|
|Christ University, Bangalore||1.13 lakh|
|Symbosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune||1.90 lakh|
distance learning college
The names of the colleges providing distance learning facility for Diploma in Journalism course are given below-
- Annamalai University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Krishnakant Handiqui State Open University
- Periyari University
- Punjab Technical University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
Qualification for Diploma in Journalism
What are the qualifications required for doing Diploma in Journalism?
- Candidates should have completed their 12th from a recognized board.
- Students must have secured a minimum of 50% (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in 10+2.
- Some colleges require passing an entrance exam for admission.
- IELTS, TOEFL, PTEand MELAB marks are required.
There is a certain admission procedure for admission, which the students need to follow. The process is as follows:
- Select University: The first step is to find colleges and universities that offer diplomas in journalism. Get complete details about Fees, Course Eligibility, Seats offered
- Apply for the course: Proceed to apply for the admission after knowing the university offering this course. Fill the details as required and pay the application fee. The application form is available for a limited time.
- Mode of Entry: Universities and colleges will either conduct entrance test for admission or accept admission through merit. For Masters Diploma course, the candidate will have to appear for an entrance test followed by a Personal Interview (PI) either Group Discussion (GD) May be round.
- result: Qualified candidate selected through merit list is announced. Qualified candidate must have secured rank and excessive marks in the entrance test to be selected.
- Counseling: The candidate will have to appear for the counseling session conducted in the university to do things like book his seat, submit his documents and pay the admission fee.
to apply in the UK
The procedure to apply in UK is mentioned below-
- If the candidate wants to study journalism from a foreign university, then they Leverage Edu One can get knowledge of the process of application by contacting the experts of the University, as well as apply to various universities with their help.
- Candidature can apply to a UK university either through the online portal of the university or through the common portal UCAS You can also apply through
- To apply the candidate has to first register himself and then login after receiving the login id and password.
- As soon as they login, the application form opens in front of them, in which the necessary information asked has to be filled.
- After filling all the information, the next page opens in front of the candidate, in which the required documents have to be added.
- Finally the form has to be submitted along with the fee and then candidates wait for the confirmation mail.
The list of documents required for doing Diploma in Journalism is as follows:
to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
The names of the entrance examinations to be conducted for taking admission in Diploma in Journalism are as follows:
- Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test
- Amrita University ASCOM Communication Aptitude Test
- AIMC Entrance Exam
- Asian College of Journalism Entrance Exam
- Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Christ University Entrance Test
- (IIMC) Entrance Exam
- (JUJMC) Entrance Test
- (MSC) Entrance Exam
- (AIMSAT) Entrance Test
- (MU OET) Online Entrance Test
- SISCM Entrance Exam
- SRM University Common Admission Test (SRMHCAT)
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Test
- WLCI All India Combined Entrance Test (AICET)
- Xavier Institute of Communications Entrance Exam.
- IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and MELAB
please pay attention: There are no entrance exams required for pursuing Diploma in Journalism abroad.
The career options in the field of generalism are divided into two divisions namely print journalism and electronic journalism. Print generalism includes components such as magazines, newspapers, journals, print media agencies and digests. Electronic generalism includes TV, Internet, radio, web journalism – one of the fastest growing evisions of generalism. The career options related to this field are given below-
Given below are the names of some well-known recruiters of the country who provide jobs after doing diploma in journalism-
- India Today
- Zee Media
- Bennett & Coleman
- Hindustan Times
- The Indian Express
job and salary
Given below are the job profiles and salaries-
|job profile||Annual Average Salary (₹)|
|business writer||4-5 lakhs|
|public relations manager||4.5-5 lakh|
|tv director||13-13.5 lakh|
|script writer||6.5-7 lakhs|
|events Manager||3-4 lakhs|
The average course fee for Diploma in Journalism ranges from INR 10 thousand-5 lakhs.
The minimum essential qualification for admission to Diploma in Journalism is to have successfully passed 10+2 examination in any discipline from a recognized board.
The average salary paid to candidates graduating in Diploma in Journalism is between Rs 3 lakh to Rs 20 lakh per annum.
How to do Diploma in Journalism If you are troubled by this question and you want to study Journalism from a foreign university, then you can visit our website. Leverage Edu from the experts of 1800 572 000 Call today and book a free 30-minute session today and get all the information about this topic.