You can’t change the world but you can change someone’s world. , This line very well defines the essence of social work. MSW That is, Master of Social Work is a special and important subject related to social service. The main objective of which is to make the candidates aware of the society and social problems and to provide a deeper understanding about the society. At present, there are many good career opportunities available in this. Social work is a good career for people who want to work selflessly for the world. MSW is a master’s degree in social work that plays an important role in building the social workers of the future. Let us know through this blog MSW course in Hindi, what is MSW course and all the information related to it in detail.
|Name of degree||Master of Social Work (MSW)|
|degree full form hindi||Master of Social Work|
|degree level||post graduate|
|course type||social work|
|eligibility||It is necessary to have a Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Division from a recognized University.|
|admission process||Through University Based Entrance Test|
|job after MSW||Child Welfare Social Worker, Substance Abuse Counsellor, Medical Social Worker etc.|
|Expected starting salary after MSW||2.42-3 lakhs/annum|
read this also : MSW Syllabus
What is MSW?
MSW (Masters in Social Work) is a professional master’s degree in social work. The duration of this course is 2 years. Its objective is to work for human welfare and to improve the quality of life of a needy individual, group and community. MSW course in Hindi not only makes students a professional social worker but also helps in developing skills like communication, leadership, teamwork and problem solving ability.
MSW course in Hindi is specially designed for those youths who aspire to work in the areas of welfare and development and under this they will get all those aspects in the disciplines of Social Science, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, Economics. Train with. Also, special education is given to solve various issues and problems in public health, community development and law district, state and national level.
read this also : MSW – Masters in Social Work
Why choose MSW?
Following are some of the important advantages of choosing MSW-
- After Bachelor’s degree, if you see your future in this field and have an idea to do better in it, then MSW for Master’s degree is a great option.
- With the spirit of social service, if you want to make your identity in the society by being a social worker, then choosing this degree can also be considered a safe option.
- Degree gives you a security, due to which you are entitled to get a good job by knowing new things in your field.
- Knowledge in the subjects of Social Science, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, Economics along with practical exposure gives a path to your future and helps in better understanding of social work.
MSW Course Syllabus
The MSW Syllabus is divided into 4 semesters, consisting of topics mainly focusing on education principles and leadership abilities of the students. This multi-disciplinary program educates students to interact and work with different communities and people to bring about positive change in the society. Know about the syllabus through the table below.
|semester 1||Semester 2|
|History and Philosophy of Social Work||Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy|
|Social problems and social development||Rehabilitation and Resettlement|
|Social Work Research and Quantitative Analysis||social work methods|
|human growth and development||visual culture|
|Social Work Practical -I
(Structured Experience Laboratory and Research Methodology Practical)
|Social Work Practical-III (Concurrent Fieldwork – Community Placement)|
|Social Work Practical-II (Skill Development Assessment)||Social Work Practical -IV (Learning Social Work Through Participatory Approach)|
|IT in Social Sector||Community Intervention and Entrepreneurship Development|
|semester 3||Semester 4|
|Ideology and Ethics of Social Work||social work administration|
|Social Legislation and Labor Welfare||Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Vulnerable Children and Development||Tribal Anthropology and Social Work|
|Social Work Practical-V (Concurrent Fieldwork – Agency Placement)||Fundamentals of Medical Social Work|
|Social Work Practical -VI (Micro Level Study on Social Exclusion)||block field work placement|
ये भी पढ़ें : PhD in Social Work
MSW course in Hindi offers many specializations. Which includes Family and Child Welfare, Medical and Psychiatric Social Work, Urban and Rural Community Development and many more. Let us know about these specializations in detail-
- Family and child welfare : Under this specialization, issues related to family and child welfare are taught. The candidates are trained to help people deal with such issues and maintain a healthy family life. In this specialization, candidates are also taught about family ethics, techniques to solve problems.
- Medical and Psychiatric Social Work: It is a type of medical social work. This includes supporting and caring for persons who are mentally ill or in need of mental guidance. The main focus of this specialization is to teach people how to deal with mental illness and help them recover.
- Urban and Rural Community Development : Under this specialization, it is taught to improve the life outlook and living conditions of the disadvantaged population. It also includes meeting the economic and non-economic needs of the community.
- Criminology Administration : In this specialization, it is taught to cooperate with the family affected by criminal activities. Students in this specialization are well taught how to assist survivors through the legal process, from reporting to trial, and beyond.
Top Universities for MSW
MSW course in Hindi is a specialized professional course conducted all over the world. Many private and government universities offer MSW courses for students looking to make a career in social work. The list of top universities in the world for MSW course is given below-
Top Universities in India for MSW
MSW Courses Offering in India top universities The list is given below-
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Integral University
- CMR University
- Osmania University
- Annamalai University
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Kurukshetra University
- G D Goenka University
- Palamuru University, Telangana
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Sri Venkateswara University, Uttar Pradesh
Qualifications for MSW
At the time of application to any university, there are certain requirements that students must fulfill in order to be eligible. Some of the general eligibility criteria for MSW course are as follows.
- For MSW course, candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree in any stream at least second division from a recognized university or college. More preference is given to the students of Sociology or Social Science.
- Some of the top universities conduct entrance exams for admission to MSW courses in India. You will be eligible for admission there only after passing the exam conducted by your chosen university.
- For admission in foreign universities IELTS either TOEFL Test scores are required. Should have IELTS score of 7.0 or higher and TOEFL score of 100 or higher.
- For admission in foreign universities SOP, LOR, CV/Resume And portfolio are also necessary.
- Many universities also demand work experience of 1 or 2 years in the field of social work for MSW course.
MSW admission process
The admission process of MSW is also done on the basis of merit list and sometimes on the basis of merit list and entrance exam. It has also been seen quite a few times that the college organizes a group discussion in which all the students express their views on a given topic and many times one to one interview is also held from which the eligibility of the candidate is estimated. On the basis of this, their admission is also done.
Entrance Exam for MSW in India
Some of the top universities in India conduct their own special entrance test for MSW course in Hindi. Let us go through the table given below to know about some of the top universities and entrance exams conducted by them.
|MSW Entrance Exam||accepting colleges|
|AISECT Joint Entrance Exam (AJEE)||AISECT Universities, Rabindranath Tagore University, Dr C V Raman University|
|Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET)||Central University of Kerala, Central University of Karnataka|
|Kurukshetra University Entrance Exam||Faculty of Social Science, Kurukshetra University|
|Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA)||GD Goenka University, Gurgaon|
|Common Post Graduate Entrance Test (CPGET)||Palamuru University, Telangana|
|NIMS Entrance Exam (NIMSEE)||NIMS University, Jaipur|
|Ajeenkya DY Patil University Common Entrance Test (ACET)||Apex University, Jaipur|
|Integral University Entrance Test (IUET)||Integral University, Lucknow|
|Manav Rachna National Aptitude Test (MRNAT)||Faculty of Behavioral and Social Science, Manav Rachna University, Faridabad|
|Shri Venkateshwara University Common Entrance Test (SVUCET)||Sri Venkateswara University, Uttar Pradesh|
read this also : Social Worker: Courses, Universities, Jobs and Salary
Career options and salary
Master of Social Work (MSW) is a course that will be recognized at all times. This course helps the students to do social service. The candidates who fulfill this responsibility not only do well in their career but also serve humanity in the best possible way. After earning MSW degree, candidates can make their career in many sectors which include private sector, health industry, human rights agencies, NGOs and much more.
In the field of social work, candidates can choose to work with any organization on full time or contract basis. The estimated average salary at the entry level in this field is ₹3-4 lakh per annum. With increasing experience and skills, the salary of a professional can be ₹ 7-12 lakhs per annum. Some of the top career options after MSW are as follows.
|Profile||average annual salary ()|
|Substance Abuse Counselor||3-4 lakhs|
|project coordinator||4-5 lakhs|
|program manager||6-7 lakhs|
|case manager||4-5 lakhs|
|documentation specialist||3-4 lakhs|
|community health worker||3-4 lakhs|
Top Countries and Fees for MSW
Below are the top countries and fees for MSW-
|Country||average fee annually ()|
In the MSW course, students are taught how to help people overcome difficult challenges in their lives. These include poverty, addiction, unemployment, disability, abuse, mental illness, etc. In this way you can help others as well as there is a huge demand for social workers nowadays.
If you want to pursue a master’s degree in social work, the UK is one of the best places to do it. Universities and colleges in the UK emphasize the best education and the best MSW education is provided. Social workers are in high demand in the British job market.
No! MSW is a master’s degree course. For this you must have a bachelor’s degree in social work or relevant field. Therefore, to do MSW after 12th, you have to do a bachelor’s degree course in any field. For this you can choose BSW course.
Job options after MSW –
1. Project Coordinator
3. Program Coordinator
4. Junior Research Fellow
5. District Consultant
6.Documentation and Communication Officer
7. Senior Manager – Human Resources
Both the courses are excellent in their own place. It depends on you in which field you want to go. If you want to go into the corporate work field then MBA is a great option and MSW in social work field is a great career option.
We hope that now you know what is MSW course in Hindi. If you want to study MSW course from abroad, then today this number 1800572000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30-minute session with the experts of K.K.