Recently, Global Cornell has introduced International Cornell Curriculum (ICC) grants to promote 5 new international courses. A sum of $114,000 has been included in these grants. This initiative has been done to support developing faculty courses. Classes will be offered from 2023 onwards.
According to Global Cornell’s tweet, this funded proposal will provide you with short term international experience along with existing courses. This will prove beneficial in increasing the reach in the Abroad as well as in the design creation of new courses.
The critical considerations for the grants were as follows:
- Collaboration in Colleges and Disciplines
- Learning closely from local communities
- Project Sustainability
This grant will be done to internationalize the effort student experience and strengthen the connection with Col Global Hubs. The collaboration of these grants includes seven colonel faculties, seven partner universities in four hubs. In addition, Global Col offers Research and Education Grants to those who wish to explore Col Faculty Research and Teaching with their colleagues in Global Hubs Universities. The application date will be October 21.
The five ICC-funded projects listed on the Cornell Chronicle are as follows:
- Think Globally, Act Locally: A Comparative Perspective on Community Engagement in the US and AQReader.
- Rethinking Bamboo: An Architectural Study of South East Asian Bamboo Construction.
- Global Health and Environmental Justice.
- Experiential Writing in Mexico: Environmental and Cultural Communication
for similar updates Leverage Edu News Updates Follow up.