Brown University is the seventh oldest research institution of higher education in the United States. It is a private university established in 1764 in Providence, Rhode Island. It is part of the Ivy League and was the first institution to accept admission without attaching any association to religion. Brown University has been ranked 14th in the 2020 edition of National Universities Best Colleges. The university is known for offering advanced courses in English language and literature, economics and econometrics, and development studies. Admissions under Brown University’s undergraduate courses is highly selectable and has an acceptance rate of over 7.7% (38,674) of applications for the Class of 2023.
Why study at Brown University?
Why study at Brown University is explained below-
- Campus: The campus consists of over 200 buildings including the Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship, libraries, research centers, laboratories, residential buildings, administrative buildings, etc. The campus community includes students from over 63 countries and speaks 69 languages.
- Accommodation: The campus has 49 residence halls which are all co-ed and smoke free. Out of all, 100% of first-year students and 74% of all undergraduates live on campus.
- Scholarship: 100% of students with financial need receive scholarships from Brown University. 43% of students in a class of 2023 received scholarships and other need-based aid. Full Bright Scholarship in US is one of the most popular with varying price.
- Placement: The average salary offered to students here is USD 82,000 and some of the top employers are Amazon, Silicon Valley Bank, Barclays, PUMA group, The Boeing Company, Apples etc.
Brown University Rankings
The rankings of Brown University are given below-
|Shanghai University Ranking 2021||#101-150|
|QS World University Ranking 2022||#60|
|THE (Times Higher Education) University Rankings 2022||#61|
|US News & World Report Global University Rankings 2022||#101|
Acceptance Rate at Brown University
It is ranked #1 in Rhode Island for having the lowest acceptance rate. Last year around 38,674 applications were received in which only 2,733 applications were shortlisted. Thereby making Brown a highly competitive school with little chance of acceptance. Brown University currently has an acceptance rate of 7.7%.
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can directly contact the representative of the university of your choice.
The latest updates from Brown University are mentioned below:
- December 13-21, 2021 : final examination.
- January 26, 2022: Classes will start.
The admission deadline for various courses in Brown University is given below-
|type of deadline||time limit|
|Early Decision Application Deadline||November 1, 2021|
|Routine Decision Application Deadline||5 January 2022|
|Transfer Application Deadline||March 1,2022|
|graduate program||Varies by department|
Top Courses and Tuition Fees
Given below is the table for the top courses and tuition fees-
|Course||first year tuition fee|
|Bachelor of Science in Biology||56,160 (INR 42.12 Lakh)|
|Bachelor in Biomedical Engineering||56,160 (INR 42.12 Lakh)|
|Master of Science in Computer Engineering||67,920 (INR 50.94 Lakh)|
|IE Brown Executive MBA||1.32 Lakh (INR 99.57 Lakh)|
|Bachelor of Arts in Africana Studies||59,933 (INR 44.95 Lakh)|
|Bachelor of Arts in American Studies||59,933 (INR 44.95 Lakh)|
|Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology||59,933 (INR 44.95 Lakh)|
|Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics||59,933 (INR 44.95 Lakh)|
|Bachelor of Arts in Architecture||59,933 (INR 44.95 Lakh)|
|Master of Public Health (MPH)||48,000 (INR 36 Lakh)|
|PhD||54,666 (INR 41 Lakh)|
Want to study abroad and can’t decide what to do AI Course Finder With the help of this you can easily choose the courses and universities for yourself.
cost of living in america
The cost of living in the US depends on the lifestyle of the students, below are the common cost of living-
|types of expenses||Amount (USD/annual)|
|tuition fees||28,000-55,000 (INR 20.65-40.55 Lakh)|
|Accommodation and the Internet||6,000-14,000 (INR 4.42-10.32 Lakh)|
|Books & Stationery||500-800 (INR 36,000-58,000)|
|Food and outing||2,500 (INR 1.84 Lakh)|
|seasonal clothing||500 (INR 36,000)|
|Other expenses||1,000 (INR 73,000)|
|medical expenses||400 (INR 29,000)|
To know the cost of living according to your living standards, you can Cost of Living Calculator You can use.
Eligibility for Admission in Brown University
International applicants must additionally submit English proficiency scores and meet the following criteria to apply to Brown University:
- for admission SAT The range of scores is 1440–1570.
- for admission ACT The range of scores is 33-35.
- The average high school GPA must be at least 3.94.
- the minimum IELTS The requirement is 8.0.
- the minimum TOEFL-IBT requirement is 100.
- the minimum TOEFL-PBT requirement is 600.
You can prepare for exams like IELTS/ TOEFL/ GMAT/ GRE/ SAT/ ACT with the help of Leverage Live. for live demo now Leverage Live Book your free demo here.
Application Process for Brown University
In order to apply, the candidate has to complete the process given below:
- The applicant has to deposit the application fee of USD 75 (5,682 ₹).
- You must submit either the Coalition Application or the Common Application along with the Brown Supplement.
- You have to submit a graded written paper.
- Next, you will need to submit a transcript, school report, school counseling letter, and 2 teacher recommendations.
- you own IELTS/TOEFL Score must be submitted.
- SOP And LOR
You can also get financial facility according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance. Leverage Finance You will be able to get a loan at the best interest rate by talking to a loan expert.
Applicants must submit the following documents for admission to Brown University:
- high school gpa
- high school class rank
- Completion of college preparatory program
- brown supplement
- graded written paper
- school report
- school counselor letter
- 2 Teacher Recommendations
- mid year school report
- Some programs require some additional requirements like interview, letter of intent etc.
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
The scholarships to study at Brown University are as follows:
- Zuckerman STEM Leadership Program
- USD Student Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
Below are the placements in Brown University-
|job sector||Annual Salary (USD)|
|financial Services||194,000 (INR 1.45 Crore)|
|IT and software development||128,000 (INR 96 Lakh)|
|Marketing, Communications and Products||116,000 (INR 87 Lakh)|
|research and education||92,000 (INR 69 Lakh)|
|data||71,000 (INR 53.45 Lakh)|
|Consulting, Accounting and Professional Services||48,000 (INR 36 Lakh)|
Some of the notable alumni of Brown University are as follows:
|Emma Watson||British actress|
|Bobby Jindal||55th Governor of Louisiana|
|John Krasinski||American actor and film producer|
|John F Kennedy, Jr.||American journalist, Lauer|
|Julie Bowen||american actress|
|Allegra Versace||italian socialite|
|Leelee Sobieski||american actress|
|Jessica Capshaw||american actress|
|Alicia Sacramone||american artistic gymnast|
|ted turner||Founder of CNN|
Yes, a guaranteed accommodation facility is available to all Bachelor students during their studies.
Brown University will notify you via email when an admissions decision is available. Applicants can view this decision by logging into their respective Brown Applicant Portal. Applicants will have to inform the university about their decision by reaching their portal within the time limit.
Yes, financial aid is available for foreign students. However, this amount is very limited. Brown meets all the essential requirements of an applicant applying for financial aid. To be considered for this assistance, you must have applied for it at the time of your initial application.
Brown University accepts both the SAT and ACT. Some students submit their SAT scores to Brown while some applicants send their ACT scores when they apply.
There are over 80 major programs available at Brown University.
If you also want to study in one of America’s best university, Brown University, then today 1800 572 000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with the experts of They will also help you in the application process with proper guidance.