Toxicology is a scientific discipline, which is related to biology, chemistry, pharmacology and medicine, in which the harmful effects of chemicals on living organisms are studied. Toxicology is a branch of medical science, which also researches about toxic substances and their properties and effects. If you want to know in detail about toxicologist kaise bane toxicologist kise kehte hai, then read this blog of ours completely.
Who is a toxicologist?
Toxicologist tries to understand the harmful effects of toxic substances through analytical and scientific techniques. Toxicologists try to find out how toxic chemicals, substances or their properties affect people, animals and the environment. Toxicologists use science to predict whether and how chemicals can cause harm and share that information to protect public health.
Some of the important responsibilities that a toxicologist has to perform are
- The key responsibility of a toxicologist is to isolate, identify, quantify toxic substances, and measure their harmful effects on humans, animals, plants, or ecosystems.
- Makes rules to protect public health and the environment.
- Advising on the safe use of toxic substances in production or in the event of an accident.
- Toxicologists are required to comply with necessary safety laws, privacy and quality checks, and maintain a safe environment in laboratories.
- Toxicologists have to take safety into account at all costs and follow protocols to ensure the safe storage and use of chemicals.
- Creating research reports and sharing them with other lab members.
Skills required to become a toxicologist
Toxicologists need certain skills to do their job in the best possible way. Along with the human body, the effect of chemical on the environment should also be known.
- Analytical skills to generate accurate reports.
- Correct knowledge of scientific practice and equipment.
- Ability to work with patience, efficiency and focus.
- Good communication, writing skill.
- Ability to handle emotional and crime critical evidence.
- Risk assessment.
How to become a toxicologist?
Toxicologist kaise bane step by step guide for this is given below:
- step 1: First of all you have to pass 10+2 with at least 55% marks in Science, Biology, Physics and Biology.
- Step 2: The second step towards your dream of becoming a toxicologist is to go through the process of entrance exam.
- Step 3: As per the rank in the entrance exam you will get admission in the college where you will have to appear for the counselling.
- Step 4: After completing Bachelor’s degree, students can also do Master’s degree in it. It helps you to get a good post and good knowledge in your career. Many industries prefer to hire Masters or PhD degree holders for toxicologists.
- Step 5: After doing your masters degree you can start PhD or doing research in this field. With the help of research, you can develop your skills.
Courses to become a toxicologist
Following is the list of Bachelors and Masters degree courses to become a toxicologist.
|Bachelors Course||masters course|
|Bachelor of Environmental Science||MSc Pharmacology and Toxicology|
|BSc Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology||MSc Toxicology|
|BSc Analytical Science||MSc Drug Toxicology and Safety Pharmacology|
|BSc Pharmacology and Toxicology||MSc Biology Specialization in Chemical and Environmental|
|BSc Pharmacology||Toxicology MSc/ PG Diploma in Analytical Sciences|
|BSc Forensic and Toxicology Chemistry||MSc Medical Toxicology|
|BSc Environmental Science||MSc Molecular Analytical Sciences|
|Physical and Chemical Dynamics Emphasis||Master of Occupational Hygiene and Toxicology|
|BSc Fire Science||MS in Pharmacology and Toxicology|
|BSc in Science|
|BSc in Toxicology|
universities to become a toxicologist
Good universities have a great contribution in a good future. Along with this, it should also be known which are the top universities, which offer toxicology courses. Below is the list of top universities in India and abroad.
world’s top universities
Top Universities of India
- Madras University
- SCMS Institute of Biosciences and Biotechnology Research and Development
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
- Bhavan’s New Science College, Hyderabad
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University
- SCMS School of Technology and Management
- Jamia Hamdard, Delhi
You should also know its eligibility to become a toxicologist, the eligibility to become a toxicologist is as follows
- If you want to do Diploma or Bachelor course in Toxicologist then you have to pass 10+2 with minimum 50%.
- To become a toxicologist, you need to clear some entrance exams.
- If you want to do a master’s course in toxicology, then you must have a bachelor’s degree.
- To do master’s degree you have to clear NEET-PG entrance exam. to do a master’s degree abroad GMAT,GRE Like you have to clear the exam.
- To study Toxicology abroad, you have to prepare for English Proficiency Test like IELTS/TOEFL etc. courses beforehand.
- To pursue PhD in Toxicology, you have to clear UGC-NET exam.
- statement of purpose And Lors You must have
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of.
- After contact with experts they will start your application process of multiple universities through common dashboard platform.
- The next step is to check all your documents like S.O.P.Dissertation, Certificates and Lor and required test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, act etc. is to collect and organize.
- If you haven’t done your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE etc. which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live Can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Housing, student visa And start the scholarship/student loan application process.
- Now it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take around 4-6 weeks or more. The last step in your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required semester fee.
The application process in Indian universities is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
Some of the important documents are listed below-
Job Profile and Salary in Toxicology
According to the pay scale, the salary of toxicologist is as follows:
|job profile||annual average salary|
|analytical toxicologist||Rs 15-25 lakh|
|Applied Toxicologist||Rs 6-12 lakh|
|clinical toxicologist||12 lakh rupees|
|Veterinary Toxicologist||Rs 8,25,000|
|forensic toxicologist||Rs 18,67,000|
|environmental toxicologist||Rs 9,12,000|
|industrial toxicologist||Rs 26,75,000|
The salary of toxicologist abroad is as follows:
|Country||average annual salary|
It may take you at least 10 years to become a toxicologist.
Like it will take you 4 years to do your Bachelors degree followed by at least 1 or 2 years of work experience then 4-5 years it may take you to do Masters and PhD.
After becoming a toxicologist, you can work anywhere in medical labs, crime laboratories, military, government and private sector.
A forensic doctor’s main role is to determine the cause of death and study crime scenes. Forensic toxicologists study around the Narcotics Department and identify the chemical structure of various illegal drugs.
Yes, a toxicologist has various job opportunities in the consumer food and products department as well.
Toxicologist kaise bane step by step guide for this is given below:
step 1: First of all you have to pass 10+2 with at least 55% marks in Science, Biology, Physics and Biology.
Step 2: The second step towards your dream of becoming a toxicologist is to go through the process of entrance exam.
Step 3: As per the rank in the entrance exam you will get admission in the college where you will have to appear for the counselling.
Step 4: After completing Bachelor’s degree, students can also do Master’s degree in it. It helps you to get a good post and good knowledge in your career. Many industries prefer to hire Masters or PhD degree holders for toxicologists.
Step 5: After doing your masters degree you can start PhD or doing research in this field. With the help of research, you can develop your skills.