Study of animals is done in B.Sc Zoology, which includes their behavior, structure, biology, lifestyle. This course in zoology involves the study of several subfields such as Ichthology (the study of fish), entomology (the study of insects) and herpetology (the study of reptiles and amphibians) and ornithology. After B.Sc Zoology, you can also do master’s degree in the subject like Biotechnology, Pharma Management, Dairy Management. Read this blog to know more about B.Sc Zoology.
|course name||Bachelor of Science in Zoology (BSc Zoology)|
|entrance exam in india||BHU UET, MCAER CET, NEST, JEST|
|Courses after B.Sc Zoology||MSc Zoology, PhD Zoology|
|Jobs||Ecologist, Nature Conservation Officer, Environment Manager, Conservationist, Zoo Curator, Veterinary Doctor|
|salary||2.5 Lakh to 7 Lakh|
What is BSc Zoology?
BSc Zoology is a 3-year undergraduate program that incorporates advanced studies and research in the fields of Biological Oceanography, Competitive Physiology, Ecology, Developmental and Cell Biology, Vertebrate and Invertebrate Zoology, Parasitology etc. It includes the study of various subjects related to biochemical genetics, biological control and other specialized areas of research.
Why choose B.Sc Zoology?
Here are some reasons why you should do B.Sc Zoology:
- After BSc Zoology, you have the option of pursuing Masters, Graduate Diploma and Certificate courses. These courses include subjects like Biochemistry, and Biotechnology.
- In this course, you are given an in-depth study of the biology, behavior and structure of animals.
- After doing this course, you can work as Researcher, Teacher, Professor, Zoologist, Zoo Animal Welfare.
- You can also choose medical courses after B.Sc Zoology. Eg: M.Sc. (Hons.) Botany, M.Sc. (Hons.) Microbiology, M.Sc. Medical Lab Technology, M.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology, M.Sc. Medical Lab Technology etc.
Skills for B.Sc Zoology
Some of the skills for B.Sc Zoology are given below:
- time management skills
- hard work
- team building skills
- communication skills
- listening skills
- leadership skills
- research skills
Subjects of BSc Zoology
Below is the list of common subjects taught in B.Sc Zoology:
- cell biology
- animal physiology
- structural biology
- bio statistics
- environmental physiology
- developmental biology
- Computation in Life Sciences
- Microbiology and Biotechnology
bsc zoology syllabus
The syllabus of B.Sc Zoology is given below:
BSc Zoology Syllabus 1st Year
- Biochemistry and cellular basis of life
- Evolution and Genetics
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- wildlife forensics
- Microwave Diversity
- Development and Management of British Habitat
bsc zoology syllabus 2nd year
- Biology of Vertebrate
- vertebrate organism
- animal behavior
- Organismal and Population Biology
- recharge method
- zoo science
- Wildlife Conservation
BSc Zoology Syllabus 3rd Year
- marine ecology
- conservation of ecology
- oncology and immunology
- behavioral psychology
- Community and Population Ecology
- Wildlife Conservation
- Anthropogenic Threats to Biosphere
- Welfare and Behavior of Domesticated Animals
Top Universities Abroad
If you want to study BSc Zoology abroad, here is a list of some of the top universities abroad:
Top Universities in India
There are many universities in India offering B.Sc Zoology master’s programme, graduate diploma and certificate courses. Some of the top universities are listed below:
- Kumaun University
- Shoolini University
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Bioinformatics Center (BC), Puducherry
- St. Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology
- Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering and Technology Dibrugarh
- NIT Rourkela
- Manipal University
- 10+2 qualification or its equivalent from a recognized College/University with minimum qualifying marks.
- To get admission in B.Sc Zoology in India, you may need to clear the exams like BHU UET, MCAER CET, NEST, JEST etc. depending on the university you are applying for.
- along with other required documents academic transcript Attested copies of.
- If you are planning to study abroad, you must provide the following:
- English Language Proficiency Test: IELTS/ TOEFL,PTE Score
- LOR And SOP
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of.
- After contact with experts they will start your application process of multiple universities through common dashboard platform.
- The next step is to have all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, act etc. is to collect and organize.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all the required documents, the experts will start the application process for housing, student visa and scholarship/student loan.
- Now it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take around 4-6 weeks or more. The last step in your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required semester fee.
The application process in Indian universities is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
books for bsc zoology
Here are some important books for BSc Zoology:
For admission in top colleges of India, applicants have to appear for various entrance exams. Some of the top entrance exams you can appear for in BSc Zoology in India are:
- BHU UET
- IIT JAM
- IELTS, TOEFL, PTE (For Abroad)
- SAT/ACT (for overseas)
Higher Studies after B.Sc Zoology Course
After doing B.Sc Zoology course, if you want to do higher studies, then you can do MSc Zoology, after which you can also do M. Phil and PhD in Zoology. After doing B.Sc Zoology course, you can pursue a post graduate course in Zoology i.e. M.Sc. After doing this you can also become a zoologist.
If you want to pursue your studies by not doing job after B.Sc Zoology, then you Courses after B.Sc Zoology You can learn about it from this blog. Below is the list of government and private jobs after B.Sc Zoology:
- research officer
- forest officer
- project Manager
- lab assistant
- associate professor
- information officer
- technical officer
- medical officer
- Environmental Consultant
- Research Scientist etc.
Below is the list of top government organization where you can get job after B.Sc Zoology ,
- Indian Forest Service
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI)
- Zoological Survey of India
- wildlife organization
- Institute for Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST)
- State Biodiversity Board
- forest department
- research institutes in india
Job Profiles & Salary
After B.Sc Zoology you can do job in various fields. Below are some of the top job profiles and their salaries:
|job profile||Salary (Approx)|
|Research Scientist, Biotechnology||INR 2-10 LPA|
|research analyst||INR 1.6-7.4 LPA|
|Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC)||INR 1.20-5 LPA|
|project scientist||INR 5.6-7 LPA|
|junior research fellow||INR 3.7-5 LPA|
|senior project associate||INR 5-7 LPA|
Yes, you can do MBBS after completing B.Sc Zoology. MBBS You should check the age limit before applying for the post.
After B.Sc Zoology you can do job in both government and private sector:
Top courses after B.Sc Zoology-
1. M.Sc. Zoology
2. M.Sc. (Hons) Botany
3. M.Sc. Bioinformatics
4. M.Sc. Microbiology
5. M.Sc. in Life Science
6. M.Sc. Biotechnology
Hope you have got complete information about BSc Zoology from this blog. If you also want to study B.Sc Zoology abroad or after that, then today our Leverage Edu Book a 30 minute free session with an expert by calling 1800 572 000.