Marine engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on the operations and design of machinery for ships, docks, harbor infrastructure, etc. In this training to become a Marine Engineer, you are also taught the process of creating, maintaining and repairing underwater machines which is essential to become a Marine Engineer. This course is primarily focused on reading and learning about machine principles and comprehension, design and other marine equipment.
Due to transportation and work expansion in other states, importance is being given to this technology as well as to studies in it. Due to this, B.Tech in Marine Engineering is also one of the most popular courses among the students. Let us discuss in detail about BTech Marine Engineering through this blog.
|course name||BE/B.Tech in marine engineering|
|Qualifications||12th pass (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)|
|average salary||INR 3 – 10 Lakh|
|Top Job Profiles||Grade IV Marine Engineer (Junior Cadre), Merchant Naval Cadre, National & International Naval Logistics & Shipments, Naval Management Faculty, Lecturer etc.|
What is B.Tech Marine Engineering?
BTech Marine Engineering is a four-year undergraduate course primarily aimed at imparting knowledge of Marine Technologies and Functional Operations. If you select PCM subjects after your tenth, then you will find it very easy to understand and do this course. Marine Engineering is an interesting and promising career option field that is capable of providing you with better options both at home and abroad. During the course you learn about engineering processes and technologies used in marine structures.
Why do B.Tech Marine Engineering?
Candidates who are interested in Marine Engineering related work and in this degree will be very happy to know the benefits of it. We have mentioned these benefits in the pointers given below:-
- Marine Engineering gives you the opportunity to explore the world and meet new people that will increase your links and communication skills There are improvements. This thing opens the doors of your future and better options available in the future.
- In Marine Engineering, you study different aspects which also include practical aspects. This process also makes you a strong problem solver, which enables you to make better decisions in every situation.
- This course also teaches you the skill of working in a team and it is known to be possible because most of the aspects and practicals coming in this course are given in the team. Along with this, you are also able to bring the art of time management inside you.
- Knowledge of excellent machine technology leads you on the way to top the technical knowledge along with IT skills.
btech marine engineering syllabus
The main subjects appearing in BTech Marine Engineering can vary according to the university you have chosen. We have listed some core subjects in the table below-
|Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering||engineering mathematics|
|Applied Thermodynamics||fluid mechanics|
|Marine Engineering||Naval Architecture|
|Marine Control Engineering||Ship Operation & Management|
|seamanship||gas turbines etc.|
|Advanced Marine Heat Engines||environmental science and technology|
|Advanced Material Science and Surface Coating Engineering||Renewable Energy Sources and Applications|
Top Universities for B.Tech Marine Engineering Course Abroad
The names of the top universities abroad for B.Tech Marine Engineering are given below-
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you will be able to contact directly the representative of the university of your choice.
Top Universities for B.Tech Marine Engineering Course in India
Some of the top universities in India for B.Tech Marine Engineering are as follows-
- Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin
- C.V.Raman Global University, Bhubaneswar
- IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Punjab
- MAKAUT, Kolkata
- Ganpat University, Mehsana
- Indian Maritime University, Chennai
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Mumbai
- CMC, Coimbatore
- HIMT College, Chennai
Qualifications for B.Tech Marine Engineering
If you are interested in pursuing a degree in the field of BTech Marine Engineering, you must meet the qualifications set by your chosen university. These requirements vary according to the level of the course, such as Bachelor, Master or Diploma. Some of the general qualifications for the course in B.Tech Marine Engineering are as follows:
- For Bachelor’s degree program, candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in 10+2 (PCM) from a recognized board.
- Some universities also accept admission on the basis of entrance exam.
- Most universities abroad for masters courses GRE Ask for scores.
- Also, for admission in masters, you must have at least 50% marks in your undergraduate degree.
- For admission in foreign universities IELTS either TOEFL Test scores are required as proof of English proficiency.
- to study in foreign universities SOP, LOR, CV/Resume And portfolio also need to be deposited.
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssays, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all the required documents, the Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship/student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800572000,
The application process in universities in India, is as follows:
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
Following are the required entrance exam for B.Tech Marine Engineering :-
After completing your studies in BTech Marine Engineering, you get a chance to get a job in both private and government sectors. Along with this, if you decide to complete your studies, then MTech and MBA can prove to be a better option for you. However, MTech program can be your first choice if you want to do better in your own field. But if you want to explore yourself in the field of management along with your degree, then doing MBA will be a great option. Apart from this, if you decide to do the job then the following are the companies capable of hiring a B.Tech Marine Engineering pass candidate:-
- Shipping companies
- Naval academy
- Port Trust
- Repairing Yards
- Merchant Naval
job profiles and salary
After pursuing a B.Tech Marine Engineering degree, you can try your hand at the given job profiles:-
|job profiles||average annual salary|
|logistics executive||INR 7-8 Lakh|
|logistics manager||INR 7-8 Lakh|
|Transport and Distribution Manager||INR 6-7 Lakh|
|warehouse manager||INR 6-7 Lakh|
|GM Commercial||INR 8-9 Lakh|
BTech Marine Engineering is a four-year undergraduate course primarily aimed at imparting knowledge of Marine Technologies and Functional Operations. Agra If you select PCM subjects after your tenth, then you will find it very easy to understand and do this course. Marine Engineering is an interesting and promising career option field that can provide you with better options both at home and abroad. During the course you learn about engineering processes and technologies used in marine structures.
Following are the required entrance exam for B.Tech Marine Engineering :-
1. JEE Mains
2. JEE Advanced
4. IMU CET
5. MERI Entrance Exam
We hope that now you know how to do B.Tech Marine Engineering? If you want to do B.Tech Marine Engineering course and also want a proper guidance then today 1800572000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with our experts.