The world of internet and high-end technology has definitely changed our lifestyle. With rapid technology change, luxurious motorable cars have entered our lives. However, there is a fact that these motorable engines require petroleum to run, can you imagine the present life without petroleum? The answer is that we cannot live without petroleum as it has become the main energy commodity of the 21st century. To make a career in this, it is necessary to do a course, so let’s know about Diploma Petroleum Engineering in this blog.
|Qualification||10th pass from a recognized board|
|Admission Process||entrance exam|
|average annual fee||INR 45,000-1.50 Lakh|
What is Diploma Petroleum Engineering?
Diploma Petroleum Engineering is a 3-year course consisting of 6 semesters. Mechanical, chemical and civil engineering are some of the engineering specialties that intersect with petroleum engineering. Petroleum engineering deals with the mass production of crude oil or natural gas.
Why do Diploma Petroleum Engineering?
To know why to do Diploma Petroleum Engineering, read the points given below-
- In Diploma Petroleum Engineering, students learn about new technologies and strategies for safely obtaining and transferring natural resources to storage and refineries.
- In the 21st century, careers in it are lucrative, challenging and highly sought after.
- Find out some interesting courses and universities in petroleum engineering that offer students a plethora of options to develop and enhance their skills to land a great job.
- After doing this course, you get to know about Environmental Studies, Mechanics of Solids, Fluid Mechanics, Basic Electrical Engineering, Introduction to Petroleum Operations, Drilling Engineering & Well Completion, Serving, Reservoir Engineering, Production Engineering etc.
- Diploma Petroleum Engineering graduates get job as Drilling Engineer, Production Engineer, Reservoir Engineer, Offshore Drilling Engineer etc.
Some of the skills for Diploma Petroleum Engineering are given below-
- Strong Technical Skills
- teamworking skills
- problem-solving skills
- The Ability to Work Under Pressure
- communication skills
- Numerical and Analytical Skills
- IT Skills
Although the syllabus may differ from one university to another, but there are some subjects which are almost the same in all, they are-
- chemistry of oil and gas
- Surface Acquisition and Operations
- Horizontal Well Production
- artificial left
- Well Head Surface Gathering System
- well deliverability
- floor performance
- Gas Well Deliveryability
- gas reservoir production
- Well Productivity Engineering
- permeability and saturation
- Reservoir Properties
- Parffins etc.
top foreign universities
Given below is the list of top foreign universities offering Diploma Petroleum Engineering-
Top Indian Universities
Given below is the list of top Indian universities offering Diploma Petroleum Engineering-
- Aditya Engineering College, Surampalem
- OPJS University, Rajgarh
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Bhagwant University, Ajmer
- AMET University, Kanathur
- Government Polytechnic College, Jodhpur
The general eligibility criteria for Diploma Petroleum Engineering is given below-
- Candidates must have completed 10th or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- Applicants must have passed class 10th examination with 55% aggregate marks in each subject.
- Also with the above requirements you need for abroad IELTS, TOEFL either PTE Scores are also required.
To apply, the candidate has to complete the process given below-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can visit our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you can check out our Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000.
Application process for Indian University
The application process by Indian Universities is given below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
You will need the following required documents-
Some of the entrance exams for Diploma Petroleum Engineering are as follows:
- Delhi CET
- TS POLYCET
- AP POLYCET
- Punjab JET
- MP PPT
- HSTES DET
- Jharkhand PECE
- JEE Main
Some Books for Diploma Petroleum Engineering are-
There are lucrative jobs for petroleum engineers who are graduates in this field. His career is thrilling, challenging and demanding in nature with incredible scope. There is a dearth of such professions in the market, which is the reason for many impressive portfolios in reputed companies around the world. Let us know about some lucrative jobs for which you can apply after completing this degree-
- drilling engineer
- production engineer
- reserve engineer
- offshore drilling engineer
- chief petroleum engineer
- completions engineer
- Mining and Geological Engineer
- Other Oil and Gas Agencies etc.
Job Profiles and Salary
Some of the job profile and estimated annual salary of petroleum engineering are given below:
|job profiles||Estimated Annual Salary (INR)|
|QA Engineer||1.8-10.5 lakh|
|senior electrical engineer||3.1-15 lakh|
|Petroleum Data Analytical||3-9.7 lakh|
|senior petroleum engineer||3.8-35 lakh|
|petroleum engineer trainee||2.0-8.1 lakh|
Some skills of petroleum engineering are given below-
1. Strong Technical Skills
2. Teamworking Skills
3. Problem-solving skills
4. The Ability to Work Under Pressure
5. Communication Skills
6. Numerical and Analytical Skills
7. IT Skills
Petroleum engineers are experts in designing and developing various techniques and methods to extract oil and natural gas from the earth’s surface.
Diploma Petroleum Engineering is a 3-year course consisting of 6 semesters. Mechanical, chemical and civil engineering are some of the engineering specialties that intersect with petroleum engineering. Petroleum engineering deals with the extensive production of crude oil or natural gas.
Hope you have liked this blog of ours regarding Diploma Petroleum Engineering. If you also want to study diploma petroleum engineering from a foreign university, then today 1800 572 000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with our experts. They will also help you in the application process with a proper guidance.