Media is a medium of communication that broadcasts information to the public. Any media targeted for a large audience is called mass communication. From pictorial representations at an early age, mass production of newspapers, video on television to high-tech media combining the Internet and computers, these are all different forms of mass communication. Let us know in detail about mass communication in Hindi.
What is Mass Communication?
Mass communication is the study of broadcasting and structuring news in a creative way to spread it on a large scale around the world. Students are taught in Media Law and Ethics, Media Planning and Strategy, Broadcasting, Research Subjects to effectively operate platforms like Radio, TV Channels, Internet, Digital Media etc. in Mass Communication course.
Skills Required for Mass Communication Course
To make a successful career in mass communication, you must have some essential skills, which are mentioned below-
- communication skills
- writing skills
- Knowledge of designing software
- speaking skills
- social media knowledge
benefits of mass communication
There are many benefits of doing mass communication, which are mentioned below-
- Mass communication becomes the voice of the people and brings their words before the world. In a democratic country, it is very important to have such a thing which gives a feeling of democracy being alive.
- social media The world has turned into a global village only through various types of mass communication, from digital platforms to digital platforms. In this way mass communication has become useful for people, business, government and the whole world to stay connected with each other.
- Mass communication also plays a big role in the spread of art and culture in different parts of the world. With the help of the Internet, one can learn a new language, learn about different cultures or even travel around the world without physically moving from one place to another.
- Internet is really a big open source of information and there are different types of mass communication from search engine platforms to social media platforms and learning websites play a big role in helping anyone to learn anything anywhere.
Importance of mass communication
Mass communication has been one of the most important tools in modern culture. All types of mass communication whether written, broadcast or verbal reach a large audience and thus produce a wide impact. The importance of mass communication is given below-
- Mass communication plays an important role in shaping how we see the world.
- The result of intensive use of mass communication has made the world smaller and closer.
- It also promotes equitable distribution of goods and services.
- The basic objective of mass communication is to inform, educate and entertain the public.
- It plays an important role in democracy and smooth functioning of the nation.
- Mass communication works to broadcast heritage and cultural values.
- The development of New Mass Communication has created a global forum to bring people together.
types of mass communication
When it comes to different formats of media, there are different formats of modern media like print media (news paper, books, magazines), broadcast media (television, radio), digital media (internet) as well as video games, music . All these types of mass media include content as well as a device or object which is the medium of distributing the material.
There are 6 main types of Mass Communication in Hindi:
- traditional media
- print media
- electronic/broadcast media
- outdoor media or out-of-home media
- transit media
- Digital Media/New Media/Internet
mass communication courses
The names of the courses taught in Mass communication in Hindi are as follows:
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Diploma in Public Relations
|BA Media Studies||BA Multimedia||BA in Journalism||BA Mass Communication Course|
|Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Journalism and Mass Communication)||BA (Hons) in Mass Communication and Journalism||BA Visual Communication Course||Bachelor of Arts (BA) Public Relations|
|Bachelor of Mass Communication (BMC)||BJMC (Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication||Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)||BSc Mass Communication|
|BSc Electronic Media||Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] Digital Marketing||BBA Media Management||BVoc in Media and Communication|
|MJMC (Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication)||MA Mass Communication||MA Broadcast Journalism|
|MA Journalism and Mass Communication||MA in Communication||MA Culture and Media Studies|
|MA Advertising & Public Relations||MSc Communication||MSc in Mass Communication|
|MBA Communications Management||MBA in Media and Entertainment||MBA Media Management|
- PhD Journalism and Mass Communication
- PhD in Media Studies
- PhD Mass Communication
Top Universities for Mass Communication Abroad
The top universities in the world offering mass communication courses are as follows:
top colleges in india
The names of top colleges for Mass Communication in Hindi are being given in India, which are as follows:
|Anwar Jamal Kidwai Mass Communication Center||Delhi|
|Xavier Institute of Communication||Mumbai|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication||Pune|
|Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media||Bangalore|
|Amity School of Communication||Noida|
|NSHM Institute of Media and Design – Media College||Kolkata|
|Manipal School of Communication||Manipal|
|department of communication||Hyderabad|
|Indian Institute of Mass Communication||Delhi|
The eligibility for doing Mass Communication course is as follows:
- To take admission in Bachelors courses, it is necessary that the candidate must have completed 12th in any stream from a recognized board.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks is required, although the percentage may vary from college to college.
- For Masters courses, it is necessary that the candidate must have completed Bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university or college.
- For admission in masters courses, some universities conduct entrance exams, only then you can be eligible for these courses. For Masters in some foreign universities GRE Score is required.
- Also with the above requirements you need for abroad IELTS either TOEFL Scores are also required.
- For admission in foreign universities SOP, LOR, CV/Resume And portfolio also have to deposit.
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- The next step is to have all your documents like SOPEssays, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all the required documents, the Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
The application process in Indian universities is as follows,
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
career in mass communication
There are many career options available to you in the field of Mass Communication-
Given below is the list of top recruiters after studying Mass Communication-
- Hindustan Times
- The Pioneer
- Network 18
- The Hindu
- India Today Group
- Till date
Job Profiles and Salary
Payscale.com The average annual salary of graduates after doing Mass Communication in the UK is GBP 50,000 (INR 50 lakh) and USD 59,088 (INR 43 lakh) in the USA. Below are the job profiles and salaries offered in India:
Mass communication covers many sectors such as print media, digital media, broadcast media, new media, among others. For example: films, newspapers, magazines, radio, CDs, video games, advertisements, etc.
There are 4 types of media:
1. Print Media (Newspapers, Magazines)
2. Broadcast Media (TV, Radio)
3. Outdoor or Out of Home (OOH) media.
4. Internet or Digital Media
3 Types of Mass Communication:
1. Print Media
2. News Media
3. Broadcast Media
Media technologies that are designed to communicate with a large audience are known as mass communication.
India’s first TV channel was Doordarshan. It was launched in the year 1991.
Hope you have got complete information about mass communication in Hindi in this blog. If you want to do mass communication abroad, then contact us today. Leverage Edu to the expert 1800572000 Call us and book a free 30 minute session.