New Zealand is fast emerging as a renowned study destination with top educational institutes quality education And providing affordable cost of living and education. MBBS in New Zealand is known as MBA CHB degree, i.e. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. It is offered as a 6 year degree programme. Know about the top universities along with the eligibility, fees and cost for MBBS in New Zealand in this blog.
|eligibility test||UCAT And NEET|
|language of teaching||English|
|Annual Fee||NZ$70,000 (INR 35,90,600)|
|required courses||BSc in Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
Why do MBBS in New Zealand?
Here are some pointers on why to do MBBS in New Zealand:
- MBBS degree in New Zealand is an internationally recognized medical degree.
- New Zealand is famous for quality education and research excellence.
- New Zealand is home to top medical universities.
- There are many specialized programs available in health sciences.
- study abroad to spend is the biggest problem but studying in new zealand No need to worry about it as the cost of studying and living here is affordable.
- New Zealand is very safe and secure country for international students. New Zealand provides a safe environment and friendly environment for students living alone in a new country.
- New Zealand’s cultural influences are mainly Māori and European. You can celebrate festivals as diverse as Maori Kai festival, Christmas, Lunar New Year and Diwali here.
Along with bookish knowledge for MBBS, it is important to have some skills which are as follows:
- good communication skills
- team work
- Professional Commitment and Medical Ethics
- Ability to work in critical and dynamic environment
- medical writing skills
- Counseling and Caring Skills
- Scientific Research and Development Skills
Syllabus for MBBS in New Zealand
New Zealand offers Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery courses. It is known as MChB course in New Zealand. Here is the general syllabus for MBBS:
|Part I||general education|
|Part II||Basic Medical and Health Sciences|
|Part III||Medical Emanating and Course on Human Health and Illness|
|Part IV||Learn in Hospitals and Community Involvement|
|Part V||regional program|
Here is the list of top universities for MBBS in New Zealand:
There are certain eligibility requirements that you must meet in order to apply for Medical Science courses offered by universities in New Zealand. Here are some general eligibility criteria:
- Applicant should have pre qualification (usually a graduation degree or masters diploma) in any discipline of Biomedical or Health Science. To find out what qualifications are required for admission, you should contact the medical admissions community of your chosen university in New Zealand.
- to the applicant IELTS or TOEFL Like English Proficiency Test scores also have to be provided and generally a minimum of 7.0 is required to get admission in MBBS in New Zealand.
- With these, you have a SOP have to submit and the university will ask you Lor (Optional) may also be asked to provide.
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents like S.O.P.Essay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you haven’t done your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE etc. which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live Can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all the required documents, the experts will start the application process for housing, student visa and scholarship/student loan.
- Now it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take around 4-6 weeks or more. The last step in your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required semester fee.
Some of the important documents are listed below-
Course Fee for MBBS in New Zealand
The cost of studying MBBS in New Zealand varies depending on the choice of university.
|University of Auckland||fees|
|estimated fee||NZD 79,648 (INR 39.12 Lakh)|
|University of Otago||fees|
|year 1||NZD 36,272 (INR 17.81 Lakh)|
|year 2-3||NZD 81,567 (INR 40.06 Lakh)|
|Years 4-6||NZD 90,889 (INR 44.64 Lakh)|
The cost of living for an international student studying in New Zealand is around 13000 to 16000 NZ$ (INR 6-7 lakhs) per year. Cost of living may vary depending on your standard of living. Below is a list of sectors for an international candidate where students mainly spend:
- phone and internet
Housing is another big expense for international students. New Zealand is a beautiful country with many accommodation options for students to choose from. Students can opt for hostels, apartments, dormitories, homestays as well as shared apartments. International students can choose whether they want to live in a hostel complex or live independently in apartments or get the ultimate immersive experience with a homestay with a family based in New Zealand. Housing cost for a three- to four-bedroom house is around NZ$565 (INR 28,204) per week in 2020, or NZ$215 (INR 10,732) per week for a single room.
To find out the right cost of living in New Zealand Cost of Living Calculator get help.
Scholarships for MBBS in New Zealand
Some of the scholarships for MBBS in New Zealand are as follows:
- New Zealand Excellence Award
- University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
- Generation Study Abroad Excellence and Travel Awards(only for US student)
- TWJ Johnson Scholarship in Clinical Medicine
- University of Auckland MBChB Graduate Entry-International student scholarship
career scope and salary
There are many career opportunities available for MBBS students in New Zealand. The average annual income of MBBS doctors in New Zealand is NZ$100,000 – NZ$250,000 (INR 1.61 Lakh-4.03 Lakh). Here are some of the top career opportunities that you can opt for after MBBS in New Zealand.
|Job Roles after MBBS in New Zealand||annual salary|
|podiatrist||NZD 45,000 -NZD 65,000 (INR 22.10 Lakh -31.92 Lakh)|
|Pharmacist||NZD 65,000 -NZD 85,000 (INR 31.92 Lakh-41.74 Lakh)|
|Nurse||NZD 74,000 -NZD 89,000 (INR 36.34 Lakh-43.71 Lakh)|
|general practitioner||NZD 80,000-NZD 130,000 (INR 39.29 Lakh-63.85 Lakh)|
|gynecologist||NZD 70,000-NZD 175,000 (INR 34.38 Lakh-85.95 Lakh)|
|physician||NZD 72,000-NZD 182,000 (INR 35.36 Lakh-89.39 Lakh)|
The cost of MBBS in New Zealand can range from Rs 15-35 lakhs.
MBBS in New Zealand is called Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MChB).
There is a 6 year study plan for MBBS in New Zealand where students have one year for specialized training.
The Government of New Zealand provides one year of fee-free education for students who are New Zealand residents or have lived in New Zealand for more than three years.
Hope you got all the information about MBBS in New Zealand in this blog. Calling 1800 572 000 if you want to study in New Zealand Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with experts and get better guidance.