The Maryland Institute College of Art is a private art and design college in Baltimore, Maryland. Founded in 1826 as the Maryland Institute for the Promotion of the Mechanic Art, it is one of the oldest arts colleges in the United States. The Maryland Institute College of Art is a member of the Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design (AICAD), an association of 36 major American art schools, as well as the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). The college hosts pre-college, post graduate, master of fine arts and bachelor of fine arts courses, as well as studio arts classes for young people.
|University||Maryland Institute College of Art|
|endowment value||US Dollar 51 million|
|international student rate||12.6%|
|Scholarship||-Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships
-KC Mahindra Scholarships For Post
-Graduate Studies Abroad
-Hani Zeini Scholarship
Maryland Institute College of Art
This public research institute was founded in 1856 by Charles Benedict Calvert and was formerly known as Maryland Agricultural College and Maryland State College. The university is affiliated with the Association of American Universities, American Council of Education, APLU, BTAA, CUWMA, ORAU, SURA, U21, and URA. According to the QS Global World Ranking 2022, the university is ranked 158th.
Maryland Institute College of Art is spread over 1,335 acres. It offers about 200 Bachelors courses, 107 Master’s courses and about 90 Doctoral courses to the students. The institute offers a bookstore, a career centre, a counseling centre, dining services, a health centre, off-campus accommodation, clubs, transport services and a golf course. Linguistics, Physics And astronomy, life science And computer science And information technology It is one of the most popular courses offered by the university.
Why study at Maryland Institute College of Art?
Below are some points about why to study at the Maryland Institute College of Art:
Maryland Institute College of Art Ranking
Given below are the rankings according to different sources:
|US News Subject Wise Ranking (Painting and Sculpture)||#68|
|US News Subject Wise Ranking (Best Fine Arts Program)||#8|
|United States Ranking Below (Best Colleges for Design)||#55|
|United States Ranking Below (Best Colleges for the Arts)||#56|
|United States Ranking Bottom (Most Divers Colleges)||#77|
Maryland Institute College of Art Acceptance Rate
Maryland Institute College of Art has an acceptance rate of 51%, which means that applications are accepted from 51 out of every 100 students. The university’s acceptance rate gives it a unique position, making it a select institution.
Deadline for Maryland Institute College of Art
Below are the Maryland Institute College of Art deadlines:
|round 1||January 19, 2022|
|Round 2||March 19, 2022|
|rolling deadline||These are for those courses in which seats are vacant.|
Maryland Institute College of Art Courses
The Maryland Institute College of Art offers various courses as it is one of the prestigious colleges that are known for providing excellence in education. Below is a list of courses offered by Maryland Institute College of Art:
- Community Arts (MFA)
- Curatorial Practice (MFA)
- Filmmaking (MFA)
- Graphic Design (MFA)
- Illustration Practice (MFA)
- Leroy E. Hoffberger School of Painting (MFA)
- Mount Royal School of Art (MFA)
- Photography + Media & Society (MFA)
- Rinehart School of Sculpture (MFA)
- Studio Art (Summer Low-Residency MFA)
- Design Leadership MBA/MA
- Business of Art & Design (MPS)
- Data Analytics & Visualization (MPS)
- Product Management (MPS)
- UX Design (MPS)
Below is a list of fees for courses offered by the Maryland Institute College of Art:
|MFA in Filmmaking||32.28 lakh|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Fine Art||31.19 lakh|
|Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design (MFA)||32.28 lakh|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation||32.28 lakh|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Graphic Design||31.19 lakh|
Cost of Living at Maryland Institute College of Art
Below are the cost of living at Maryland Institute College of Art:
|Expense||on campus||off campus|
|Live||$15,050-20000 (INR 10-15 Lakh )||$10,750-11000 (INR 8-9 Lakh )|
|housing||$10,360-11000 (INR 8-9 thousand )||,|
|Miles||$3,360-5000 (INR 2-3 thousand )||,|
|other living expenses||$1,230-15000 (INR 90 thousand to 1 lakh )||$1,230-15000 (INR 90 thousand to 1 lakh )|
|Books & Supplies||$1,700-2000 (INR 1 to 2 Lakh)||$1,700-2000 (INR 1 to 2 Lakh)|
To know the cost of living abroad according to your living conditions, you can Cost of Living Calculator You can use.
Eligibility for Maryland Institute College of Art
Below are the qualifications according to Maryland Institute College of Art:
- For Bachelor degree program, students must have secured at least 50%-60% marks in 12th.
- If you want to apply for masters, you must have passed four year bachelor’s degree.
- If you want to apply for PhD, then you must have passed master’s degree in related courses.
- A good IELTS/ TOEFL The score must be in the form of proficiency in the English language.
- To take admission in Master’s degree in Heriot Watt University you have to have a good GMAT/GRE There should be a score.
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you will be able to directly contact the representative of the university of your choice.
Application Process for Maryland Institute College of Art
The application process for Maryland Institute College of Art is detailed below:
- Do research and find the right course according to your interest. For this you are our Leverage Edu You can take help of experts.
- Register on the official website of the University of Melbourne. From here you will get the User ID and Password.
- Sign in with User ID and select the course you want to choose.
- In the next step, enter your educational details.
- with educational qualification IELTS, TOEFLentrance exam score, SOP, LOR Fill in the information.
- Fill the job details of previous years.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Finally submit the application form.
Some of the required documents are listed below:
Scholarships at Maryland Institute College of Art
Below is a list of some scholarships that students can apply for.
|Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships||Engineering||$ 45,110 (₹ 24.37 lakh)|
|KC Mahindra Scholarships For Post-Graduate Studies Abroad||Engineering||INR 8 Lakh|
|Hani Zeini Scholarship||Business||$942 (Rs 74,390 )|
|Global Study Awards||science, humanities||$12670 ( Rs 10 lakh )|
|UniAcco Fly High Scholarship – Responsible Leader||Business||$1267 (Rs 1 Lakh )|
|Gyan Dhan Scholarship||Business||₹ 1,00,000|
You Leverage Finance You can also get education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of .
Below is a list of some popular alumni of the Maryland Institute College of Art:
- earl hoffman, painter, teacher
- Mark Miloff, Multidisciplinary Artist and Educator at the Rhode Island School of Design
- John Jacob Zink, Architect of Film Houses
- John Carter, film director and conceptual artist
- Richard Armiger, Architectural Model Maker
- Joshua Field, painter
- Lee Gatch, painter
Maryland Institute College of Art was founded in 1856, USA.
Maryland Institute College of Art has an acceptance rate of 51%.
Below are the documents required to take admission in Maryland Institute College of Art:
All official academic transcripts and grade cards
passport size photo
English Language Proficiency Test Marks
recommendation letter or LOR
If you also want to fulfill your dream of studying at Maryland Institute College of Art, do so today. 1800 572 000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with the experts of They will also help you with the application process with proper guidance.