The full name of MSc IT is Master of Science in Information. Basically MSc is a masters degree course. Students study MSc ie Masters degree from the subject of Information Technology, then their subject is called MSc IT. MSc IT aims at imparting theory and practical knowledge on subjects like Software Development, Data Mining, Computer Systems, Analytics etc. Let us know about MSc IT course in detail.
|course level||post graduate|
|full form||Master of Science|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||by entrance test or on merit basis|
|course fee||80 thousand – 3 lakh rupees annually|
|average salary||Rs 3 lakh per annum|
|job profiles||-software developer
What is MSc IT?
After graduation, it is a very popular option among students who want to make a career in the field of IT. Below are the details about MSc IT-
- This course provides knowledge about Programming, Database Management, Project Management, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), OS etc.
- Through this course, students learn to solve different types of problems in computer programming and application designing.
- Many topics of cyber security are also covered in MSc IT syllabus. At the same time, students are also trained in ethical hacking and hacking prevention.
- Data Analysis and data science Information on the various techniques involved is given.
Why do MSc IT?
There are many benefits of doing MSc IT, some of them are mentioned below-
- Great Job Opportunities- There are many jobs in the IT sector as it is one of the fastest growing industries. After MSc IT, candidates can work in various roles in top multinational companies like Software Developer, IT Analyst, Maintenance Engineer, Application Programmer etc.
- The demand for the course is expected to increase in the future – The IT sector is expected to grow at a rate of 15% to 20% in the coming years. Therefore, the skills acquired in this field will be useful in future also.
- Opportunities to work in various fields- After completing this course candidates can not only get employment in the IT sector but they can also Finance, bankingOne can also find very good jobs in data analysis and teaching sectors.
- Bright future scope After this course, one can not only go with the changes in many other fields but can also pursue further studies and do Ph.D. Students can also choose to work as a researcher after the completion of the course.
- high salary- Having various options and opportunities to choose different roles, one can get a decent salary after the completion of the course. Average MSc IT salary is around 3 lakhs per annum but it can go up to 15 lakhs per annum.
- Entrepreneurship- Many students after completing a course entrepreneur thus exploring the field of Management and Administration.
- Famous recruiters- Students pursuing this degree get an opportunity to work for top IT firms like TCS, Infosys, IBM, Accenture etc.
Difference between MSc IT and MCA
The differences between MSc IT and MCA are mentioned below-
|Full Name||Master of Science in Information Technology||Master of Computer Application|
|duration||2 years||3 year|
|Overview||This course mainly deals with Programming, Database Management, Cyber Security, Project Management, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), OS, etc.||This course deals with everything related to software, hardware and networking with the study of IT, Data Structures and Mathematics|
|focus area||This course mostly focuses on theory.||Most of the focus is on practical knowledge in this course.|
|average course fee||up to 80 thousand -3 lakh||3 lakhs – 5 lakhs|
|Average starting salary||3-4 lakh annually||3-5 lakh annually|
Syllabus under MSc IT
MSc IT covers most of the important topics related to Computer Science like Data Structures, Object Oriented Programming, Cyber Security, among others. Below are the semester wise syllabus:
- Fundamentals of IT and Programming
- data and file structure
- object oriented Programming
- software engineering
- Operating System
- database management system
- Analysis and Designing of Algorithms
- data communication and network
- web technologies
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- network security
- open source system
- cyber security
- software architecture
- managing big data
You AI Course Finder You can also choose the courses according to your interest.
Top Foreign Universities and Fees
Some of the top foreign universities to study MSc IT are given below-
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can directly contact the representative of the university of your choice.
top indian colleges
Some of the top colleges in India to study MSc IT are given below-
|Stella Maris College||25,000|
|Hindustan College of Arts and Science||23,750|
|VELS Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies||36,600|
|SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce||50,000|
|PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Coimbatore||2,258|
|Kishindi Chellaram College||5,400|
|Ramnarayan Ruia Mumbai||35,000|
|Bishop Heber College||56,000|
|Women’s Christian College||1 Lac|
You Leverage Finance You can also get education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of .
Qualification for MSc IT
To apply for MSc IT course, a candidate must have at least this qualification, which is mentioned below-
- Candidates should have passed Bachelors in relevant subject from a recognized University.
- Although the marks to be considered for admission to different universities may be different, a common score is considered to be 50%. The student has to pass graduation with at least 50% marks.
- Other qualifications like minimum age, etc. may vary depending on the institute. Candidate should verify the eligibility from the official website of the Institute.
- English language test for studying abroad like IELTS,TOEFL of points.
- GRE points of
- SOP And LOR, You can contact us for help in writing SOP and in the application process. Leverage Edu You can take help of experts.
The admission process for MSc IT is as follows:
- Admission to this course is made on the basis of marks obtained in entrance test or graduation or both, which completely depends on the institute.
- Many universities conduct their own entrance exams.
- One of the most popular entrance exams is TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test).
- TANCET is an MCQ based test conducted by Anna University. Through this exam admission is given in the colleges of Tamil Nadu.
- All universities publish notification regarding their admission process, students can apply for admission after notification is published.
- in some universities abroad GRE Points are also demanded.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Call on 1800572000 from experts.
Jobs and Salary after MSc IT
After completing MSc IT, students can search for jobs in various sectors or they can pursue higher education. Professionals with MSc IT can work in the IT sector in various roles such as Software Developer, IT Analyst, Maintenance Engineer, Application Programmer.
Students can also choose to go into other industries like teaching, banking, analytics. They can apply for various posts in the government sector. According to Glassdoor.com, the annual salary of the candidates after doing MSc IT is USD 78,246 (INR 58.68 Lakh) in the US and GBP 58,560 (INR 58.56 Lakh) in the UK. The table below shows some common MSc IT jobs that students opt for- (Salary is India wise)
|IT Analyst||Design and implement information technology that improves the efficiencies of software and applications.||3.5-5 lakh|
|software developer||Developing new software with innovative technology.||3-4 lakhs|
|application program||Ensuring smooth functioning of application and programming data.||4-5 lakhs|
|Maintenance Engineer||Handling all customer queries and log issues related to maintenance of various hardware and software.||2.5-3 lakhs|
|Voice Team Leader Technical||All queries on client call related to technical systems of software
|software engineer||Analyzing Various Software
|technical operations analyst||Preparing system instructions and ensuring the security of the software.||3-3.5 lakh|
|network planning manager||Establish and maintain the planning process of networking and its routing system.||4-4.5 lakhs|
|testing engineer||Detecting and handling all challenges in software execution and testing them from time to time to avoid all nuances.||3.5-4 lakh|
Some other Scopes in MSc IT
There are many career options available to the student after completing the MSCIT course. Government sector as well as private sector provide jobs to the students once they complete the course-
- Research- Students after completing the course can join the Research and Development department of a reputed organization and work as a researcher.
- Higher education- Students after completing this course PHD can choose to do.
- IT Sector Jobs- After MSc IT, students can work for various multinational companies as a software developer, IT analyst, maintenance engineer, application programmer and many other roles.
- Other private sector- If one has the required skills, they can easily switch to industries like Analytics, Banking and Teaching.
Data and File Structures, Object-Oriented Programming, Software Engineering, DBMS are some of the subjects taught in MSc IT.
The top recruiters after MSc IT are-
4. HCL Technologies
Hope you have got the information about what is MSc IT and how this course can be done. If you want to do MSc IT from abroad then you can visit our Leverage Edu from experts 1800 572 000 Call us and book a free 30-minute session today.