All over the world, railways are used for all types of travel. Indian Railways is a big government institution, which is spread to every corner of the country. Not only does it provide transportation facilities to the people, but it is a major part of the economy of our country. Indian Railways employs more than 17 lakh people. To get a job in the Railways, it is first necessary to appear in the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) exam, which helps in knowing the eligibility of the candidates for different posts. Read this blog to know about Railway Exam in detail.
News Updates for RRB Group D 2022 Exam
Railway Recruitment Board has announced the CBT exam date for Group D posts. As per the official notice released by RRB, Group D Single Stage CBT Exam will be conducted from 17th August 2022. Admit cards will be issued before the proper time before the exam. Candidates who have applied for RRB Group D Recruitment for 7th CPC Pay Matrix can participate in this exam. The objective of this recruitment drive is to fill up more than 1 lakh vacant posts under Level 1 of 7th CPC Matrix in various units of Indian Railways.
RRB Railway Group D Online CBT Exam will be of total 90 minutes. In which there will be 25 questions from General Science, 25 questions from Mathematics, 30 questions from General Intelligence and Reasoning and 20 questions from General Awareness and Current Affairs. Each question will be of one mark. There will be a total paper of 100 marks in which 100 questions will be asked. One third mark will be deducted as negative marking for wrong answer.
Selection Process for RRB Group D
The selection process for RRB Group D is completed in 2 stages- First is Computer Based Test (CBT) and Second is Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The applicant has to clear both the stages to be admitted in Group D.
Different examinations are conducted for different posts and posts in Indian Railways. Below are the names of some important exams to get a job in Railways:
- RRB JE Exam
- RRB Paramedical Recruitment
- RITES Recruitment
- RPF Constable Exam
- RRB ALP
- RPF SI Exam
- RRB NTPC Exam
- RRB Group D
Railway Recruitment Board Junior Engineer
Railway Recruitment Board conducts this exam for the post of Junior Engineer and its related posts. If you have done graduation in engineering, then you can give this exam. On the basis of this examination, Junior Engineer, Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant, Chief Dio Material Superintendent and Senior Selection Engineer are done.
A total of 150 multiple choice questions are asked in the Junior Engineer exam. This exam is of 2 hours. Generally questions are asked in this exam on topics like Technical Subjects, Aptitude, General Knowledge and Reasoning.
Candidate must be Indian. Candidate should have Degree in Engineering or Diploma in Engineering from any recognized University. The candidate must have a 3-year B.Sc degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Machining, Instrumentation, Automobile & Machining/Civil, and Control/Tools Engineering or Civil Engineering or any other stream related to it. The age limit for this exam is 18 years or above.
The basic pay of RRB JE is Rs 9300-34800 and the grade pay is Rs 4200. The salary of a new junior engineer ranges from Rs 32000 to Rs 38000. Salary can be more or less according to the allowances.
Railway Recruitment Board Non-Technical Popular Categories
This exam is very important for non-technical jobs in railways. This exam is a great option for the candidates who are fond of government jobs. After successful in this exam, you can be selected for any one of the posts mentioned below.
- traffic assistant
- traffic apprentice
- Commercial Apprentice and Assistant Station Master
|Part||Mains and Prelims|
|preliminary examination||Total Marks: 100|
|main exam||Total Marks: 100|
|introductory subject||Science, Mathematics, General Awareness, and Reasoning|
|the main topic||Science, Mathematics, General Awareness, and General Intelligence|
Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university. Aspirants, who want to apply for the post of Senior Clerk cum Typist, should also have proficiency in Typing. Candidate should be below 32 years for this post.
RRB NTPC Salary
Apart from good salary, there are many other benefits of clearing the exam conducted by RRB. Salary is given for UG and Graduate posts on the basis of 7th Pay Commission. Here is the detailed information on RRB NTPC Salary:
- Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Trans Clerk – 1900
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk – 21700
- Traffic Assistant – 25500
- Senior Time Keeper – 29200
- Good Guard, Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper – 29200
- Commercial Apprentice – 35400
- Station Master – 35400
Railway Protection Force Sub Inspector (RPF SI)
RPF SI exam is conducted for the candidates who are interested in Railway Protection Force and the post of Sub Inspector. In this job full of various challenges, the Sub Inspector has to face many challenges every day. This exam is conducted by Railway Protection Force Board for the posts of Constable and RSPF Sub Inspector.
Generally, this exam of Sub Inspector is taken on 4 subjects in which 200 multiple choice questions are asked from General Intelligence & Reasoning, Mathematics, General Knowledge and English. This exam is of 3 hours.
For RPF SI, the age of the general category candidate should be minimum 20 and maximum 25 years. Candidate must be graduate from any college. Apart from this, the parameter of physical fitness also holds more importance in this exam.
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Group D
It is one of the biggest exams of railways. It is organized for the posts like Helper, Porter, Pointsman, Attendant and Gatekeeper. Through this exam, Indians get a chance to get jobs in government sector like railway department.
RRB Group D exam is conducted in 4 tests or phases:
- computer based test
- physical fitness test
- document verification
- medical fitness test
- 90 minutes for general category candidates
- 120 minutes for PwD candidates
- RRB Group D syllabus is based on Science, General Awareness, Reasoning and Mathematics. A total of 100 questions are asked in this computer based test. Also, Physical Efficiency Test is also taken. In the last stage, document verification and medical fitness test is taken.
Candidate must be 10th pass from any recognized board. The age limit for general category in this exam is 18 to 31 years.
The employees of RRB Group-D get 18,000 basic pay initially. Which comes under Level-1 of 7th Pay Commission. That’s why all the posts have the same salary. At the same time, the allocation of allowances is based on the location of the post.
Selected candidates under PB-1 will get a salary of 15600-60600 per month.
Selected candidates under PB-2 will get salary of 29900-104400 per month.
Selected candidates under PB-3 will get a salary of 46800-117300 per month.
Selected candidates under PB-5 will get salary of 112200-201000 per month.
Railway Recruitment Board Assistance Loco Pilot
Railway Recruitment Board conducts this exam for the posts of Assistant Lok Pilot. The driver is considered an important part of the railway system as he is responsible for the safety of all passengers on board the train. Candidates who are interested in running train can apply for this post. This is one of the best work of Indian Railways.
railway exam pattern
RRB ALP exam is conducted in 2 stages of Computer Based Test. Like other railway exams, questions related to science, reasoning, mathematics and current affairs are asked in this too. In the first phase of the exam, 75 questions are asked, which are given a total time of 1 hour to solve. The second phase is divided into two parts, Part A consists of 100 questions for which one and a half hour is given, while Part B is of 75 questions, which you have to solve in 1 hour.
The minimum age limit for railway exam is 18 years and maximum 28 years. Before appearing in this exam, candidates must have completed Matriculation/SSLC or Apprenticeship course. Such candidates who have engineering degree or have done 3-year diploma in mechanical, electronic, automobile engineering can apply for this exam.
Pay Scale – Rs.19,900 (Level 2 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix) Allowances as admissible. Apart from basic pay, you will also be entitled to various benefits/benefits which include:
- Dearness Allowance on the total salary.
- Walking Allowance (Based on the kilometer traveled).
- transportation allowance.
- House Rent Allowance (if no quarter is provided).
- Deduction of 10% from salary (for New Pension Scheme).
Railway Exam Rules
Some general rules for railway exams are given below:
- Use of any type of electronic device like mobile phone, bluetooth, pen drive, laptop, calculator, watch, etc. is prohibited in the examination center.
- Pens, pencils, wallets, wallets, belts, shoes, and jewelry etc. are also prohibited to be carried to the examination centre.
- It is necessary for the candidates to have the exam admit card.
- Voter card, Aadhar card, PAN card, driving license, passport, office ID card, or photo ID card of college and university must be carried along with you while taking the exam.
- The candidate is also required to have a color photograph.
- Candidates are required to reach the exam center one hour before the exam.
- Wearing of mask is necessary.
- Due to the epidemic, it is necessary to follow all the rules of social distance.
How to prepare for railway exam?
Many candidates participate in all the railway examinations that is why the competition is very high in these examinations. To get success in these exams, candidates need hard work and good preparation. Here you are being told about how to prepare for Railway Exam:
- Read the Exam Guide and Syllabus thoroughly.
- Understand the questions asked in previous years thoroughly and prepare based on those questions.
- Keep a good knowledge of every subject.
- Read RRB Books.
- Solve sample question papers of RRB.
- Apply for the exam and pass the exam.
Railway Recruitment Board conducts these exams for Railway Jobs:
1. Railway Recruitment Board Non-Technical Popular Category (RRB NTPC)
2. Railway Protection for Sub Inspector (RPF SI)
3. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Group D
4. Railway Recruitment Board Assistant Loco Pilot (RRB ALP)
Apart from English and Hindi, RRB exam is conducted in Tera languages. These languages include Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kokani, Canadian, Malayalam, Marathi, Mani Puri, Oriya, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil and Urdu.
For any RRB exam, a candidate must be at least 18 years of age but the maximum age limit is different for different exams like 30 years for RRB NTPC, 28 years for RRB ALP And there is a different age limit for different posts of RRB JE.
1. Visit the RRB website, select RRB Exam, and click on Apply now.
2. Enter all the required details, confirm the OTP sent to your phone and submit the registration form.
3. Enter education, gender, category etc and click on submit button.
4. Now upload your photo and signature as per the given size.
5. Make the payment and save and download the RRB Online Application Form.
We hope that through this blog we must have got the information about Indian Railway Exam and Selection Process. If you also want to study abroad, then today 1800 572 000 by calling ourLeverage EduBook a free 30 minute session with the experts of They will help you to provide all the above mentioned facilities with proper guidance.