George Mason University is the largest public research university in Virginia, with more than 37,000 students enrolled in 131 countries and 50 states. George Mason offers more than 80 programs and is a U.S.-based doctoral program in conflict resolution, information technology, bioinformatics, and computational social science. was the first university. George Mason University has produced the first Muslim woman in space, a poet laureate from Virginia, and a treasurer of the United States. In order to understand your chances of getting admission in this university, we will give you the application process as well as the acceptance rate of George Mason University and all its courses. So let’s know about George Mason University in detail.
Infrastructure, Campus and Courses
George Mason University operates three campuses in Virginia and a fourth campus in Songdo, South Korea. On its 677-acre suburban campus near Washington, DC, there are more than 40 residence halls and on-campus accommodations for all new students. George Mason University offers 82 bachelor’s degrees and 89 master’s degrees and 39 doctoral degrees. The university also offers executive and business education programs designed to enhance careers such as cloud computing, facility management, financial planning, government contracting, human resource management, online learning, paralegal and project management. In addition, faculty members of the university have received grants and prestigious awards from the Guggenheim Foundation, the Templeton Foundation, the National Endowment for the Arts, and many others. Mellon Fellowship, Fulbright Scholar Grant, Pulitzer Prize and Nobel Prize are some of the highly acclaimed awards that have been credited to the faculty staff of the university.
Why choose George Mason University?
Some of the major reasons to choose George Mason University are mentioned below:
- Program: George Mason University offers 82 bachelor’s degrees and 89 master’s degrees and 39 doctoral degrees. The university also offers executive and business education programs designed to enhance careers such as cloud computing, facility management, financial planning, government contracting, human resource management, online learning, paralegal and project management.
- community: George Mason University has a global community of current students, alumni and staff who are engaged in business, the arts and the world. George Mason University alumni or staff give you the right guidance and inspiration to become a champion.
- Scholarship Facility: George Mason University offers a variety of scholarship programs for economically weaker students. By getting those students can fulfill their dream of studying in George Mason University. as well as you our Leverage Finance can also take advantage of.
- Campus and Residence: George Mason University consists of three campuses and seven sites and each has a specific focus.
- modern conveniences: George Mason University has an indoor athletics center, gym, sports center and sports park. Campus facilities include a modern library, computer lab, meeting house, health centre, on-campus supermarket and many other facilities.
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can directly contact the representative of the university of your choice.
George Mason University Rankings
The rankings of George Mason University are as follows-
|US News & World Report, Most Innovation Schools||#35|
|QS World University Ranking 2022||#801-1000|
|US News & World Report, Top National Universities 2022||#143|
|US News & World Report, Top Global Universities 2022||#453|
|The World University Ranking 2022||#251-300|
Acceptance Rate at George Mason University
George Mason University has developed a selective admissions policy based on students’ past academic records and grades. George Mason University’s acceptance rate for Bachelor’s and Master’s is between 87%. This means that out of 100 applicants only 87 students get selected hence it is considered as an institution of higher education. For which you also need a good SAT score along with LOR which will contribute to university admission. for our Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
Important Dates of George Mason University
The new updates from George Mason University are mentioned below:
- 14 February 2022 , Last date of application for admission in UG courses
- 31 December-17 May 2022 : spring semester
- The university accepts applications for two major intakes in autumn and spring. The application deadline for most programs is February 14, 2022.
Top George Mason University Courses and Tuition Fees for Their First Year
The top courses and their first year tuition fees are given below-
You AI Course Finder With the help of this, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
cost of living at george mason university
The cost of living in the US depends on the lifestyle of the students, below are the common cost of living-
|Residence (Single Room)||6,000-7,000(4.5-5.5 lakh ₹)|
|Meal||4,500 (₹3.5 lakh)|
|Books and Supplies (Estimates)||1,200-1,500 (₹89 thousand to 1.1 lakh)|
|miscellaneous expenses||500 (37,000₹)|
To know the cost of living according to your living standards, you can Cost of Living Calculator You can use.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to George Mason University
Actual course requirements may vary by program, here are the general qualifications for bachelor’s and master’s courses offered by George Mason University:
Qualification for Bachelor’s degree
- For Bachelor’s degree course, the applicant must have secured first class (70-80%) marks in 12th.
- From the applicant for some specific Bachelor’s course SAT either ACT Scores are requested.
- If the original transcript is not in English, the student must also provide an official translation.
- English proficiency test for any course like PTE, Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTS Scores are required.
Qualification for Master’s degree
- For Master’s degree course, all applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with (60-80%) marks.
- For these postgraduate courses GMAT either GRE score is required.
- If the original transcript is not in English, an official translation must also be provided.
- English proficiency test for any course like PTE, Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTS Scores are required.
required test scores
Application Process for George Mason University
In order to apply, the candidate has to complete the process given below:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can visit our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with our experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through our common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you can check out our Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000,
The following documents are required to take admission in a foreign university-
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
Scholarships at George Mason University
Below is a list of some scholarships that students can apply for.
|Scholarship||program||Amount ( USD/INR)|
|Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships||Business||26.1 thousand (₹ 20 lakh)|
|Hani Zeini Scholarship||Business||999 (₹ 75.53 thousand)|
|Harvey Fellowship||Engineering||15.9 thousand (₹ 12.07 lakh)|
|Inlaks Scholarships||science, humanities||99.5 thousand (₹ 75.46 lakh)|
|Global Study Awards||Business||11.5 thousand (₹ 9.66 lakh)|
|GyanDhan Scholarship||Business||1,333 (₹ 1 lakh)|
|QS Undergraduate Scholarship||Business||9.9 thousand (₹ 7.55 lakh)|
Placement from George Mason University
Some of the key points of placement from George Mason University are given below-
- George Mason University has an average salary of $71 thousand (55 lakh ₹) and a graduate rate of 69%. The university’s location attracts major firms based in Washington DC that offer promising career prospects for recent graduates. Thus the job satisfaction rate on the pay scale is four out of five. Some of the university’s top recruiters are Booz, Allen & Hamilton, Cassie International Inc., Accenture, Northrop Grumman Corporation, and Freddie Mac.
- The placement team conducts internships for the students initially in which the students can work for six months after graduation and continue further studies.
- The university acts as a link between the health sciences and the placement team, to facilitate easy placement.
- Students are allocated correctly and are provided with administrative and academic support that enhances their experience, leading to smooth placement.
- Students can sign up on the institute’s Opportunities platform where one can find out about vacancies, events, employer profiles, and also get job related guidance and support.
You Leverage Finance You can also get education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of .
Some of the notable alumni of George Mason University are as follows:
|Rhea Seehorn||american actress|
|karl rove||American politician|
|Anusheh Ansari||Iranian-American Engineer|
|Archie Cao||American actor and producer|
|Hala Gorani||American journalist|
|Stephen Moore||American Author|
|tyler cowen||American economist|
|Andrew R. Wheeler||American lawyer|
|Muna Abu Suleiman||Saudi social worker and business woman|
|siebel edmonds||FBI officer|
Applicants must submit personal details and an academic statement if required along with the application.
Some programs at George Mason University require an interview. If a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, then surely the university calls for an interview. In case the candidate is from any other country, the interview is conducted through online video conferencing.
The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can visit our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
We hope that this blog has given you all the information about George Mason University. If you want to study at George Mason University do it today 1800 572 000 by calling Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with our experts. They will also help you in the application process with a proper guidance.