Saint Louis University is one of the most prestigious Catholic colleges in the country. Saint Louis University values academic excellence, life-changing research, and a strong commitment to faith and service. The university has invested vast resources in advancing academic programs and enhancing the student experience. It can be a matter of fortune for the students to study from this university. Today, through this blog, we will tell you some important things about St.Louis University, so that it will be easy for you to choose it.
|university name||Saint Louis University|
|academic calendar||semester wise|
|intake||fall and spring|
|mode off program||-full time
About Saint Louis University
Saint Louis University is one of the most established and prestigious Catholic colleges in the country. Saint Louis University, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, extraordinary research, advanced health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service. SLU offers flexible programs for working adults at both the UG and PG levels, as well as over 87 student majors and 83 graduate class subjects, including 25 fully online programs. Skillsoft is SLU’s online learning program to help with personal and professional development. It can help students to acquire knowledge to advance in their jobs.
Why choose Saint Louis University?
St. Louis University is also included in the list of preferred universities for students to choose a university to study abroad. Here’s why-
- Saint Louis University offers more than 91 undergraduate degrees, 80 postgraduate disciplines and 25 fully online programs. The highest paying degree at Saint Louis University is Masters in Science, with alumni earning an average of US$ 91-95 (INR 67-72 Lakh).
- In the most recent academic year, Saint Louis University offered over US$400 million in financial aid to 98% of applicants. One of the merit-based scholarships offered by Saint Louis University is the Vice President’s Scholarship which offers up to USD 23,000 (INR17-17.5 Lakhs)/ year.
- Saint Louis University ranks as the top university in Missouri for job placement, with a 93.48% placement rate. Top recruiters in SLU are Amazon, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Deloitte, NASA etc.
Saint Louis University Ranking
Saint Louis University is one of the top Jesuit universities in the U.S. The following are the rankings of the university:
- According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022, Saint Louis University has been placed at the 501st position in the global ranking.
- Saint Louis University has been ranked 56 in the USA according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022.
- Saint Louis University is ranked 601-650 in the global ranking according to the QS World University Rankings 2023.
- Saint Louis University is ranked 44th in the USA as per the QS World University Rankings 2022.
Acceptance Rate at Saint Louis University
With an acceptance rate of 58%, Saint Louis University is a moderately competitive university. In 2021, Saint Louis University enrolls a total of 12,281 students from all 50 US states and 72 countries. Saint Louis University releases the admission application for Fall and Spring session. The university has a rolling admission policy under which even if a student misses the deadline, they can still apply and get admission subject to availability.
Saint Louis University Essential Dates
Here are the essential dates of Saint Louis University-
|program||Application End Date||charge (USD/year)|
|MS Aviation||Fall (31 May 2023)||33,900 (₹25-27 Lakh)|
|ms software engineering||Fall (1 June 2023)||33,900 (₹25-27 Lakh)|
|B.Sc Computer Science||Regular Admission (1 April 2023)||43,160 (₹32-34 Lakh)|
|B.Sc Public Health||Regular Admission (1 April 2023)||43,160 (₹32-34 Lakh)|
Top Courses at Saint Louis University
The list of top courses of St.Louis University is given below-
Eligibility for Saint Louis University
Saint Louis University accepts students based on their academic skills and knowledge. Completion of Grade 12 is mandatory for international students to apply for graduate programs, and a Bachelor’s degree is mandatory when applying for master’s degrees. Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA. The minimum admission requirements set by the University are as follows:
- International students must be 18 years of age as per university guidelines.
- The marks in the English Proficiency Test should be as follows-
|TOEFL (PBT)||550 and above|
|TOEFL (IBT)||80 and over|
|IELTS||6.5 and above|
|PTE||54 and over|
|SAT||550 and above|
|act||21 and over|
|DET||125 and above|
Application Process for Saint Louis University
International students can apply by filling in a form from the University website or through the Common Application. To start an international application, fresh candidates need to first register with their details. Applicants will be able to review and track all of their University applications online at any time.
- For students confused about the application process to Saint Louis University, Leverage Edu With the help of the experts, applying can be simple. Our experts will assist you throughout the application process right through to visa application.
- students to choose the right course for themselves in this university AI Course Finder can take help of.
- Candidates are required to select their respective categories, such as Transfer Students, First Year Students, Education Professionals, Parents or Other Adults.
- The next step is to sign in. If you are new, first create an account.
- The next step is to create an account, the candidate has to fill in his/her information like first name, last name, email address, password, home address, phone number, pin code and some other behavioral questions.
- The last step is to apply for college. All information required by the candidates common app Will be available on the portal. The portal will show a Dashboard, Colleges, Common App View, College Search and Financial Aid. Candidates can log in to their Common App account to update or modify any required changes.
Some documents are required to apply to St.Louis University, the list of which is given below-
cost of living
The cost of your stay here may vary according to your living tolerance and requirement. Here’s a typical average spend:
|type of expense||Expense (USD)|
|Accomodation||11,740 (INR 8.40-8.60 Lakh)|
|books||1,000 (INR 75-76 thousand)|
|transportation||2,262 (INR 1.11-1.70 Lakh)|
|other||6,000 (INR 4-4.5 Lakh)|
To find out about the cost of living while studying at Saint Louis University, you can Cost of Living Calculator can take help of.
The university offers a number of scholarships for international undergraduate and PG students. Students are not required to submit separate applications for these merit-based scholarships. Here are the names of some of the scholarships-
- Presidential Scholarship – The Presidential Scholarship is available to students with a GPA of 3.85 or higher in high school. The scholarship is available for four years, and the amount varies depending on the programs and courses chosen
- Martin Luther King Junior Scholarship – It is also available to students with a 3.85 or higher GPA in high school and is awarded to students who wish to participate in leadership within the university. The scholarship amount is USD 24,000.
- SLU National Merit Award – An amount of USD 2,000 is given as financial aid to students with highly competitive scores.
Saint Louis University has a graduate employment record of 96%. The average salary for the students graduating from this university is 64-65 USD. Students can find job, internship postings, on-campus employment, and information about career fairs and other events. They can also conduct on-campus interviews, view sample resumes and cover letters, and more.
Job Profiles and Salary
There are many jobs students can apply for after studying at St.Louis University, some of which are given here with their average income-
Here are the names of some notable alumni-
- Robert Earp – philosopher and author
- Jesse Grant Chaplin – an American teacher and politician
- Michael J – The Politician
- Garanzini SJ, President of Loyola University of Chicago
- Bill Clay – politician
- James Gunn – film director
- Gene Kranzue – NASA Flight Director
- Robert Guillaume – American actor
- Kristin Bauer Van Straten – American actress
- Andreas Katsoulas – American actor
Answer – As an international student attending Saint Louis University and need to submit proof of financial aid in order to receive an I-20 form. The approximate amount of tuition and living expenses for one academic year for graduate students is USD 55,536 (41-43 lakhs).
Answer – UG admission fee is free while PG programs require an application fee of USD 65 (equivalent to 48-50 INR).
Answer – Yes, there are international student scholarships offered by Saint Louis University. Financial aid is available for international students attending the St. Louis campus. To determine your eligibility, you must meet the College Board’s CSS/Financial Aid Profile. You are automatically considered for SLU’s merit-based scholarship as part of your application for admission.
Answer- All international applicants to Saint Louis University are required to demonstrate their English proficiency. You can send us your paper-based or Internet-based TOEFL scores. Saint Louis University also accepts scores from IELTS, SAT and ACT.
Answer – For the first time freshmen are required to live on campus for the first four consecutive semesters. Transfer students are not required to live on campus after their first year.
Hope you have got complete information about St.Louis University. If you are one of those students who want to apply to St.Louis University to make their future career but are unable to do so, today Leverage Edu from the experts 1800 572 000 Book a free 30 minute session by contacting