The Kerala Public Service Commission, created under the Constitution of India, is a state committee, which is responsible for the appointment and election of candidates as specified in Article 320(3). These responsibilities include inviting applications for various government posts, conducting written/online examination, physical test and interview etc. This state committee works on strict rules. Under these rules, according to the state and central government, the work is done to decide the eligibility, ensure the capacity and the rules of reservation. The Kerala Public Service Commission is made up of several departments such as the Department of Recruitment, Examination and Public Relations Unit. This blog will give information on all the important issues related to the Kerala PSC exam conducted annually by the government for various posts.
|Exam Name-||Kerala Public Service Commission (Kerala PSC Exam)|
|Exam Conducting Authority-||Kerala government|
|Age Range-||18-42 years|
High Light of Kerala Public Service Commission Recruitment 2021
The Kerala Public Service Commission is a committee working for appointments to the administrative services, which works under the Government of Kerala. The selection of the candidate completely depends on the marks or merit of the applicant. The recruitment information in various departments is released in the first week of November. Whereas the necessary dates are told by the Exams Authority in the coming days.
|official notification release||November 2020|
|Last date to apply||First week of December, 2020|
|Admit cards||will be informed later|
|Exam date Prelims||1st week of February 2021 (estimated)|
|Result declaration for Prelims||1st week of May/June 2021 (estimated)|
|Availability of Application Form for Mains Exam||Second week of August, 2021|
|Mains examination||will be informed later|
Kerala psc exam 2021 recruitment
- assistant manager
- Mortuary Technician Grade.
- excise inspector
- assistant engineer
- lower division clerk
- Junior Assistant
- Village Oil Inspector
- Divisional Accounts Officer
- Pharmacist Grade.
- scientific assistant
- account assistant
- police constable
- District Sainik Welfare
- Assistant in Secretariat
- municipal secretary
- Panchayat Secretary
- divisional officer
- Sub Inspector (Police)
- Inspector (Excise)
- motor transport inspector
- food safety officer
- assistant professor
- medical officer
- Peon cum watcher
- Application form and process-
Kerala PSC Exam Recruitment application forms for the year 2021 are released on the official website. Candidates have to download the application form and then fill the information in it. Candidates have to fill all the information correctly on the basis of facts so that they do not face any further problem. After submitting the form before the last date, it is better to keep its print safe for further use. Following procedure has to be followed for registration-
- Register yourself with User ID and Password
- Now login with user id and password.
- Select from the list of posts in the portal and then click on ‘Apply Now’.
- The photo to be uploaded must have been taken after December 31, 2010. It should also mention the date the photograph was taken along with your name. This photo will be used for every application for the next 10 years. No fee will be charged for registration.
- Take a print out of the submitted application by clicking on ‘Registration Card’ and keep it safe for further use.
Kerala PSC Exam Syllabus
You can check the syllabus mentioned in the official website for the below posts by clicking here. However, questions in PSC exams can come from anywhere. Kerala PSC has given the syllabus for the following posts, which will be explained in a detailed manner in the next section.
|Junior Technical Officer||Assistant Engineer (Civil)-ETC-Kerala|
|Junior Language Teacher (Sanskrit)-Education (Full Time)||Education (Full Chemist-Factory & Boiler)|
|Assistant Professor in Ophthalmology-Medical
|Assistant Labor Officer Grade-II-Labour|
|Junior Inspector of Co-operative Societies||Manager GR-II ETC-Co-Operation,Manager GR-II ETC-Co-Operation|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)-Irrigation (Direct Recruitment)/ Irrigation (Direct Recruitment From Departmental Candidates)|
The candidate should also be aware of the following issues
- mental ability
- general Science
- Indian politics
- Economy of India
- Economy of Kerala State
- History of Kerala State
- environmental issues
- general English
- Malayalam and Tamil
Note: Kerala PSC exam pattern varies from post to post.
Eligibility for Kerala PSC Exam
- Candidate must be a permanent citizen of India.
- The permanent residence of the candidate should be Kerala State only.
- The candidate should also have a valid address and identity card for the place of residence.
- Candidate should also possess Graduate/Post Graduate/Professional Degree from recognized University.
- The university should be affiliated to any committee like UGC, NAAC or IN.
- Candidates who have 50% (General Category) or 45% (ST/SC/OBC) marks in any stream can apply for Kerala PSC Exam-2021.
- The candidate should also possess the required qualification as mentioned on the official website according to his/her post.
- Age limit can be minimum 21 years and maximum 30 to 35 years. Age relaxation will be given for each category as follows-
|Below poverty line||3 years|
|Differently abled candidates||5 years|
|Physically Disabled||10 years|
Kerala PSC Exam Pattern
Both the prelims and mains exam of Kerala PSC is conducted as per the guidelines of the state government.
Check Out: Mahatma Gandhi Essay in Hindi
Kerala PSC Exam Prelims Exam-
- The prelims exam consists of 2 papers, General Studies and Language Proficiency.
- The time allotted for both the exams is 90 minutes.
- The paper can be given in both the languages English and Malayalam.
There are multiple choice questions in the exam-
|Paper I||General studies||100||english|
|Paper II||General studies
Malayalam/ Tamil/ Kannada
Check Out: Introduction to Maurya Dynasty
Kerala PSC Exam Mains Exam-
- There are total 3 papers in Mains exam.
- 120 minutes are given to complete each test.
- This paper can be given in three languages English, Malayalam and Hindi (optional).
|Paper I||English/ Malayalam||100||Descriptive|
|Paper II||English/ Malayalam||100||Descriptive|
|Paper III||English/ Malayalam||100||Descriptive|
Be it Kerala PSC or any other exam you should have good command in English, General Knowledge and Reasoning. If you are facing any kind of problem in your preparation then you Leverage Edu But you can take help from our counselors. We will also provide you with the necessary tips and study material to help you with your preparation so that you can crack this exam with good marks.