The pharmaceutical industry has seen growth during the Corona pandemic. Medical Representative (MR) has also been a major contributor to the growth of the pharmaceutical industry. MR’s with their skills and knowledge manage sales and customers in a very precise manner. Medical representative kaise bane know in detail in this blog.
Who are Medical Representatives?
Medical representatives are field sales representatives who act as a link between pharmaceutical companies and doctors. Along with MR doctors, they provide their services in the matter of sales and marketing of the company’s medicines.
Roles of Medical Representative
The roles of the Physician Representative are as follows:
- Informing and presenting a new medical product to doctors and other healthcare professionals.
- Make appointments and meetings with medical professionals.
- Staying updated with new innovations in the medical sector.
- Negotiating a sales contract.
- Get feedback from doctors about your medical products.
- Creating a pitch that makes medical products valuable to patients.
The skills required for a Physician Representative are as follows:
- knowledge of medicine
- good communication skills
- english knowledge
- marketing skills
- product awareness
- self motivation
- technical skills
Step by Step Guide to Become a Medical Representative
Here is a step by step guide to become a Physician Representative:
- Step 1: Do Bachelors Degree: Close to most medical representatives Bbiology, pharmacy, NursingBachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or other related fields. Biomedical Engineering Degree and Healthcare Master of Business Administration (MBA) Eligible candidates can also take entry in this field. Candidates can also pursue a master’s degree in business or life sciences to become a medical representative.
- step 2: Consider Specialization: After doing Bachelors, the next step comes to do specialization. You can choose from a variety of specializations, including medical equipment, medical equipment, biotechnology or pharmaceutical.
- step 3: Enroll for Certification: After specialization, students need to enroll in the Medical Sales Representative certification. Many government and non-government institutions offer certification courses that can help you improve your skills and knowledge. Specializations can help you advance in your career.
- step 4: Develop Skills: As a medical representative, you need to develop your skills at your workplace. Kcommunication, Time-management, Flexibility, Motivation, Organization are some of the skills that are required. So, practice to develop new skills and improve on your existing ones to get the job of your choice.
- step 5: Complete the training: After completing studies, the time comes for internship/training. You can gain experience through paid or unpaid internship. You can gain experience by marketing to a medical facility or customer service for a hospital. Pharmaceutical companies and medical institutes offer vocational training programs to physician representatives. Completing them level you up to become a medical representative at an early stage.
The list of courses to become a medical representative is given below-
You AI Course Finder With the help of this, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
world’s top universities
The world’s top universities that offer courses to become a medical representative are as follows:
|Universities||annual tuition fee|
|University of Sydney||AUD 80,925 (INR 43.70 Lakh)|
|University of Melbourne||AUD 74,074 (INR 40 Lakh)|
|University of Birmingham||GBP 31,862 (INR 32.50 Lakh)|
|University of Leeds||GBP 30,196 (INR 30.80 Lakh)|
|Harvard University||USD 79,733 (INR 59.80 Lakh)|
|Stanford University||USD 82,133 (INR 61.60 Lakh)|
|University of Alberta||CAD 38,166 (INR 22.90 Lakh)|
|McGill University||CAD 36,000 (INR 21.60 Lakh)|
|Monash University||AUD 61,722 (INR 33.33 Lakh)|
|University of East London||GBP 18,333 (INR 18.70 Lakh)|
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you will be able to get in direct contact with the representative of the university of your choice.
Top Indian Universities
The names of Indian Universities in India that offer courses to become a Medical Representative are as follows:
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Maharishi Dayanand University
- Guru Jambheshwar University
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bombay College of Pharmacy
- Institute of Chemical Technology
- Banaras Hindu University
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
The qualifications along with knowing this are as follows:
- Candidate Must Have Passed 12th (Science Stream PCB) From Any Recognized Board.
- NursingLife Sciences, pharmacy And it is necessary to have a bachelor’s degree in other related fields.
- Candidate must have completed Masters degree from any recognized university.
- to study abroad IELTS,TOEFL like english language test marks are mandatory.
- LOR And SOP
The application process by Indian Universities is given below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Application process for foreign university
To apply to a foreign university, a candidate has to go through the process given below:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can visit our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with our experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through our common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you can check out our Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800572000,
The following documents are required to take admission in a foreign university-
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
Along with knowing the medical representative, it is also necessary to know which entrance examinations are conducted for this, which are as follows:
After becoming a Physician Representative, you can work with these big companies, which are as follows:
- Dr. Reddy’s
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Cadila
- Ipca Laboratories
- Paragon 28
- Sun Pharma
- Mankind Pharma
- Ajanta Pharma
According to Payscale.com, the average annual salary of a medical representative in India ranges from INR 3-4 lakhs. Salary increases with experience. Whereas the average annual salary of a medical representative in USA is USD 66,464 (INR 49.84 Lakh) and in UK is GBP 35,011 (INR 35.71 Lakh).
What to do after becoming a Medical Representative?
What to do after becoming a Medical Representative is given below-
- Higher education: After gaining knowledge in the field of Medical Representative, candidates can opt to pursue higher education. Candidates can opt for post-graduation. Preference is always given to candidates with MBA in Healthcare Management and Marketing.
- Start job: Candidates can get experience enhancement in the position of Area Manager, District Manager, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, etc.
Physician representatives are like a link between pharmaceutical companies and healthcare professionals. They promote the products in the market with strategy. Apart from one-to-one, they organize group events to make people aware of medicines.
The average annual salary of a Medical Representative in USA is USD 66,464 (INR 49.84 Lakh) and in UK is GBP 35,011 (INR 35.71 Lakh). Wherein the average annual salary of a Medical Representative in India is up to INR 3 lakhs.
Most pharmaceutical companies prefer to appoint a physician representative in the age range of 23-27 years. Some companies allow an age limit of 23 years, some 24 and some 27 years.
Step 1: Do Bachelor’s Degree
Step 2: Consider specialization
Step 3: Enroll for the certification
Step 4: Develop skills
Step 5: Complete the training
Hope you got information about this blog from the medical representative kaise bane. if you are abroad Fpharmacy want to study our Leverage Edu to the experts of 1800 572 000 Call us and book a free 30 minute session today.