Do you think and write a bit? Is there that thing in your writing that makes everyone your admirer? So you have the quality of a writer. Writer can think anywhere and how. There are many types of writers. A writer can work for his blog as well as for a film script. Know in detail about all these and writer kaise bane in this blog.
What do writers do?
Writers are professionals in a particular language or different languages. They use their skills to write creative, narration, articles, reports, informative or any other creation. In contemporary times, writing is a must for every organization. Writers not only write but also edit and review articles, blogs or manuscripts for companies/clients.
types of writers
There is no limit to writing. The profession includes a variety of writers that people can choose from without being restricted to a particular genre. A person who narrates well can become a story writer, while another person who narrates his point well with facts and numbers can become a journalist or a news writer. There are many types of writers, such as-
- screenplay writer
- content writer
- research writer
- financial writer
- Story Teller/Novelist
- academic writer
Skills required to become a writer
Apart from having a skilled hand and a creative mind, there are some other skills a writer should possess to help him/her be successful in his/her career, which are as follows:
- Knowledge of at least 2-3 languages
- great observation
- good memory
Step by Step Guide to Become a Writer
Students who aspire to become writers should read everything from newspapers to books and novels. This helps you to gain deeper knowledge in different writing styles and also improves your vocabulary. To bring your destination closer, here is a step by step guide on how to become a writer-
“If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above everything else: read a lot and write a lot.”
- Familiarize yourself with world literature: If you are wondering how to become a writer, then the best way is to get acquainted with world literature. One of the best ways to do this is by taking a course in literature, which will not only introduce you to all the literary trends in different time frames but also strengthen your perception of good writing.
- Read the right course: The next step towards becoming a writer is to choose a course in creative writing. These courses will introduce you to different genres like fiction, poetry, drama, non-fiction etc. You can also earn a master’s degree or diploma in creative writing to gain the skills you need.
- Find your own style: The starting point of a career in writing is to have a unique style. All writers have different subject choices and writing styles that set them apart from others. To have a successful career in this field, you need to find and develop your own unique working style.
- Create a global audience for yourself: Your success as a writer depends on your audience. Reaching a global audience is one of the best ways to start this career, and in this age of the Internet, it is not a difficult task. Social media gives you the option to connect with people from all over the world at no extra cost except internet fees. Use your social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, etc. to increase the reach of your articles to more people. A good social media presence can help you garner feedback from your readers while simultaneously cementing your status as a popular writer.
- Curate Portfolio: Creating and maintaining a working portfolio is essential if you aspire to be a great writer. So make sure you build a great portfolio of all your work. This will not only help you in creative literature but will also be beneficial in any job application as a composer.
top universities and courses
Here are the tables of some popular universities in the world that offer courses in creative writing-
Along with knowing Writer kaise bane, it is also important to know the qualifications, which are as follows:
- For Bachelors course, the candidate must have passed 12th from any recognized board (any stream).
- For Masters, the candidate must have passed Bachelors from any recognized University.
- English language test for studying abroad like IELTS, TOEFL Points are required.
- GRE/GMAT marks are also mandatory.
Universities follow a system of merit-based admission, followed by personal interview. There are some colleges which conduct their own entrance exams. The admission process usually varies from colleges to colleges. The admission procedure a student must follow to get hassle free admission in any foreign college is mentioned below:
- Write a personal statement explaining the topic interest.
- Reference provided by school teacher
- Submit Online Preliminary Application
- Complete the Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ) sent by the University
- Submit academic transcripts as per course requirements.
- A reasonable standard in spoken English is required at the time of the interview.
Application process for foreign university
The application process for the university is mentioned below:
- Do research and find the right course according to your interest. For this you can take the help of our Leverage Edu experts.
- Sign in with User ID and select the course you want to choose.
- In the next step, enter your educational details.
- Fill the details like IELTS, TOEFL, Entrance Exam Score, SOP, LOR along with educational qualification.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Finally submit the application form.
The following documents are required to take admission in a foreign university:
Explore different career options
Now that you know that writer kaise bane, let’s look at the various career opportunities available in this field. Although writers are often self-sufficient, it is a good idea to explore other career options as well because it offers some financial security. Some of the jobs best suited for writers include:
An individual can choose a freelancer or work with a particular organization. Salary varies depending on the position of the job and the role of the writer. The average salary of a writer in India is INR 3.65-4.20 Lakh per annum. Apart from basic income, a writer can also write blogs, articles or books and earn money. An experienced writer can earn as much as INR 3.80-4.50 Lakh per annum.
some important things
No one becomes a great and popular writer in a day. Establishing a career in this field requires both time and extensive practice. There are no shortcuts in this area, the best way to improve your style is to keep working on it more and more. Reading different subjects is a good option as it will increase your knowledge and benefit your writing.
To become a writer, you need talent, not a degree. If you have a good command over a language and feel that you can write interesting content, then you can become a writer. To become a writer, one should have a good command of one or more languages. Along with this, you should also have the skill to write something new and interesting.
To become a writer, these skills should be, knowledge of at least 2-3 languages, good observation and communication etc.
Hope you liked this blog by Writer kaise bane. If you want to go abroad to do a creative writing course to improve your writing skills, then today Leverage Edu from experts 1800 572 000 Call on to book a free 30-minute session.