It is a matter of pride to serve for the country by joining the Indian Army. The units of the Special Forces of the Parachute Regiment of the Indian Army are called Para Commandos. Para commandos have brought laurels to the country by doing many successful operations. Let us tell that para commando kaise bane and how to contribute for the country.
Read also: how to join indian army
Who are Para Commandos?
Para commandos are the special forces unit of the Parachute Regiment of the Indian Army. Para commandos have to perform the toughest tasks like Special Operations, Direct Action, Hostage Problem, Anti Terrorist Operations, Unconventional Attacks, Special Soldier Training, etc. Like para commandos, Navy also has MARCOS and Air Force has Garud commandos. It has successfully completed many important operations in the country.
How to become a Para Commando?
Para commando is one of the most dangerous army unit of India. This unit was formed on 1 July 1966. Their main purpose is only to provide security to the country from the terrorists who attack the country internally and from outside. Para commando is an army contingent that operates with a parachute. There are about 9 battalions of para commandos in the Indian Army. The present Colonel of the Parachute Regiment is Lt Gen Paramjit Singh Sangha.
To become a para commando, you have to join any battalion of the Indian Army as a jawan. After which you are selected by the officers of Para Commando. You have two options to join Para Commando. In which the first option is direct recruitment and the second option is by the Indian Army.
Through direct recruitment, only qualified candidates are selected for training by organizing army rallies. For this candidates need to be physically strong. While in the Indian Army, while serving as a soldier, to join the Para Commando, the candidate must first get one from the commander of his regiment. Letter of Recommendation (LOR) Have to write After which you can be selected for para commando.
Once you are selected as Para Commando. So after that you have to go through the training phase. As you all know that army training is very difficult, but when you become a para commando then your training becomes even more dangerous. Only 10% of the candidates qualify for Para commando during this training. Para commandos have to spend a total of 3 months at the commando center for training. But it takes 6 months for the training of Para Commando Special Force. Let us give you information about the daily tasks of para commandos.
Read also: How to become a police
para commando selection process 2022
Understanding Para Commando Selection 2022 will help the candidates to determine how to join Para Commando. The selection process is extremely challenging for the candidates and only the best can complete it. Not every soldier applying to the Para Regiment gets an opportunity to do so. The Para Commando Selection Process is designed to recruit motivated soldiers who volunteer. All the pre-tests for the selection process are conducted by the Recruitment Training Course, or Board of Officers of PRTC at the ARO location.
Following are the details of Para Commando Selection Process 2021:
- Candidates who have successfully secured 100% in Physical Fitness Test and at least 50% in Written Test are eligible to join Para Regiment. These candidates will be subjected to further tests for selection in the regiment.
- If these candidates do not qualify the special screening test for the Para regiment, they are assured of joining the parent regiment.
Volunteers desirous of getting selected will have to qualify the following special physical test:
- 5 km run – 20 minutes
- China up- 14
- Push ups – 40 reps in 1 minute
- Sit- 80 reps in 2 minutes
- Meter shuffle – 17 times in 1 minute
After that selected candidates will have to do PRTC. If the candidates are unable to meet the target standards in PRTC they will be transferred for further training in the parent regiment.
para commando qualification 2022
Para commando kaise bane For this one of the first requirements regarding joining the para regiment is that you must be a member of the Indian Army. For there, soldiers can apply for Para Regiment if any vacancies are available. The eligibility to become a Para Commando is as follows:
nationality – Candidates must be a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, a Tibetan refugee with the intention of permanently settling in India before January 1, 1962, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated. from the countries specified below with the intention of permanently settling in India.
age The minimum acceptable age for the candidates is 16.5 years while the maximum allowable age has been kept at 19.5 years.
marital status Candidates must be unmarried to be eligible for Para Commando Recruitment 2021. Vacancies are available for male candidates only.
body measurement Candidates height should be at least 157 cms to join Army, Navy and Naval Academy and at least 162.5 cms to join Air Force.
The names of the top institutes of the country in Para commando kaise bane are as follows.
- Guard Commando Force, New Delhi
- Commando Training Academy, Hyderabad
- quarter battle training
- Air Force Academy, Dundigal
- The Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School, Mizoram
- Unconventional Commando Combat Academy
Para Commando Training Schedule
The details of Para Commando Training Schedule are given below:
- The day of any para commando starts between 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning. Every day they have to run for 20 kilometers carrying 60 to 65 kilograms of body weight every day.
- When you go for training of paratroopers in a para commando, you are given training in Airforce Training School, Agra. Where the soldiers have to jump 50 times from 33000 feet.
- Apart from this, para commandos are also given training to fight in water. For this, the soldiers have to be trained at the Naval Driving Training School, Kochi.
- After about 1 month, after preparing the candidates physically, the soldiers are given training to use weapons.
- Along with time, training is also taught to fight difficult situations and help people.
- The soldiers are also given training in Taekwondo to fight against the enemies.
- After the completion of basic training, they have to train for about 3 and a half years, combining work and training.
- Weapon training to be given to para commandos.
- When a jawan completes the training of para commando. So he is given weapons by the department of para commandos. The following types of weapons are found with each para commando.
- Micro Uzi machine gun
- Beretta 2 automatic pistol
- PM med9 assault
- UK VZ 59L Light Machine Gun
- Siphon 12mm Rocket Launcher
- PKM Light Machine Gun
Famous Operation of Para Commando
The tales of the valor of Indian Para Commandos are famous in the world, let’s take a look at the successful operations in detail.
- Para commandos played an important role in the 1971 war, 90 thousand soldiers of Pakistan had to surrender in front of the strength of Indian para commandos.
- In July 1999, the Kargil hills in Kashmir were captured by the Pakistani army. In this battle, para commandos were used against Pakistan’s army and terrorists, due to which once again Pakistan had to face a crushing defeat.
- Para commandos had entered Myanmar in January 2015 and killed the terrorists.
- 18 soldiers of the country were martyred in an attack by militants in Manipur. Para commandos were assigned this task to take revenge. These commandos entered the Myanmar border and killed 38 militants. This was the first time in the history of Independent India when Indian soldiers were successful in eliminating terrorists by entering the borders of any other country.
- In 2016 terrorists killed some of our jawans in Uri, to avenge the martyrdom of our soldier, para commandos entered into Pakistan and conducted surgical strikes and they went there and killed the terrorists and destroyed the terrorists’ hideouts.
para commando salary
Para Commando Kaise Bane is given a very good salary according to his work. Para commando soldiers get a salary of more than 10 lakhs per year. Apart from this, they are given all the facilities and benefits given in the army.
Para commando soldiers get a salary of up to 10 lakh rupees annually and apart from this other facilities are also available.
Every day they have to run for 20 kilometers carrying 60 to 65 kilograms of body weight every day. When you go for training of paratroopers in a para commando, you are given training in Airforce Training School, Agra. Where the soldiers have to jump 50 times from 33000 feet.
Para Commandos commonly known as Special Forces is a special operations unit of the Indian Army attached to the Parachute Regiment.
The hymn of Para SF is “You are the hero of India, you are the defender of your country”.
Para commandos get casual leave of about 30 days and annual leave of two months.
Hope you have got information about para commando kaise bane from this blog. If you want to study abroad then our Leverage Edu from the expert 1800 572 000 Contact us and book a free session today.