A healthy body and mind both define fitness. If you exercise every day then no disease can touch you. Fitness trainers can best tell you which workout to do and how to do it. Through this blog of today, we will tell you who are fitness trainers and what it takes to become a fitness trainer. Let us know in detail how to make a career as a fitness trainer.
Who is a Fitness Trainer?
As people start exercising properly, fitness trainers give them instructions and motivate them to achieve their goals. A fitness trainer may specialize in one or more areas and thus, help people perform physical exercises under their guidance.
They can build a group of people, or have one-on-one sessions with specific clients. If they aspire to become a physical trainer then they must have the relevant skills as the job requires client dealing on a day to day basis.
fitness trainer jobs
The functions of a fitness trainer are given below-
- The job of a fitness trainer is to exercise or tell his clients to do diet planning accordingly.
- It is essential for a fitness trainer to provide all the workout-based information to his clients.
- It is very important to have knowledge of all the training related equipments.
- According to the person and according to the body, the workout and diet plan has to be told.
- The fitness trainer has to focus on topics related to nutrition, weight management, stress reduction, weight loss, weight gain, diet etc.
types of fitness trainer
There are many different areas in which a trainer can gain specialization. Let us know below the types of fitness trainer-
- Weight Management Trainer: Lifestyle and weight management has become a common concern of all, thus, such trainers help people to lose or gain weight as per their set goals and also help them to achieve a balanced lifestyle.
- orthopedic trainer, Orthopedic trainers attend to clients who have medical conditions especially in the knees and require special exercises and exercises keeping in mind their medical stability.
- Medical trainer, A medical fitness trainer manages people who are undergoing medical treatment or have a medical condition. Due to which they have to maintain a certain level of physical fitness.
- special or celebrity trainer, Fitness trainers who specialize in advanced training usually work with popular celebs and help them achieve their body for a role.
Tips to become a fitness trainer?
Below are the tips to become a fitness trainer:
- Get Required Skills: To be effective in the fitness field, you must be dedicated to getting fit and helping others do the same. Fitness trainers can help motivate individuals to exercise. Strong interpersonal skills are required for a fitness trainer.
- Take the Qualification Test: Certification by a recognized association is one of the criteria for joining the fitness industry. Many organizations offer health screening programs with written and reality assessments.
- Specialization: You expand your training experience by taking specialized courses in your chosen field. If you are involved in weight lifting or functional fitness, enroll for advanced courses specific to that area.
- On-the-Job Training: Work experience is a requirement if you want to become a professional fitness trainer. Many companies recruit people on the basis of specialization. Freshers can work as assistants with trained fitness professionals to gain practical experience.
Read also: what is yoga
Specialization to become a Fitness Trainer
Following are the specialization fields to become a fitness trainer-
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- group exercise instructor
- fitness manager
- senior fitness specialist
- youth fitness specialist
- Weight Loss Transformation Specialist
- bodybuilding specialist
- corrective exercise specialist
Courses to become a fitness trainer
Universities around the world offer many courses that help you become a fitness trainer. Some of the popular undergraduate and postgraduate fitness trainer courses are as follows:
|BA in Kinesiology and Exercise Science||BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Science||BSc in Exercise Science (Fitness Specialist)|
|Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training||Bachelor in Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation||BSc in Exercise Science|
|Bachelor in Physical Activity and Health Science||Bachelor’s in Exercise Science and Health Promotion||BSc (Hons) in Sport, Physical Activity and Health|
|BSc Sports Science||Bachelor in Sport and Motor Performance||BSc Sport & Exercise Science|
|Master of Science in Exercise Science||MSc in Physical Education||MA in Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology|
|Master in Clinical Exercise Physiology||MSc in Exercise Rehabilitation||Master in Sport Sciences|
|Master in Human Movement Sciences: Sport, Exercise and Health||MSc in Sports and Exercise Therapy||Master of Science in Sport – Specialization in Physical Activity Assessment and Prescription|
|Master’s Degree in Research in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences||MSc in Exercise Science and Wellness – Fitness and Performance||MSc in Kinesiology and Recreation – Exercise Physiology|
|MSc in Sport and Exercise Science||MSc in Strength and Conditioning||MA in Applied Sport and Exercise Science|
You AI Course Finder With the help of this you can choose the courses and universities of your choice.
top foreign universities
The names of the world’s top universities to become a fitness trainer are as follows:
|Universities||annual tuition fee|
|Teesside University||GBP 14,000 (INR 14 Lakh)|
|University of Wisconsin||USD 18,666 (INR 14 Lakh)|
|University College Birmingham||GBP 13,400 (INR 13.40 Lakh)|
|Oxford Brookes University||GBP 12,000 (INR 12 Lakh)|
|College of Contra Costa||USD 8,034 (INR 6.02 Lakh)|
|University of Exeter||GBP 25,000 (INR 25 Lakh)|
|Wiltshire College and University Center||GBP 11,500 (INR 11.50 Lakh)|
|Diablo Valley College||USD 7,728 (INR 5.79 Lakh)|
|University of Pennsylvania||USD 15,895 (INR 11.92 Lakh)|
|Centennial College||CAD 15,385 (INR 9.23 Lakh)|
Top Indian Colleges
Some of the top colleges in the country that offer training courses are as follows:
- HVPM, Amravati
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences (IGIPESS)
- Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Kerala
- Sai, Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala
- SAI, NS East Centre, Salt Lake City, Sector – III, Kolkata
- Sai, NS South Centre, University Campus, Bangalore
- Arsha Yoga Vidya Peetham Trust (A Unit of Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (CBE) Limited) Coimbatore
- Academy of Exercise Sciences
- Bibhu Universal Fitness
- JLO Fitness Institute
The qualifications to become a fitness trainer are as follows:
- Must have passed 10+2 (any stream) from any recognized board.
- Candidate must have obtained Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
- Candidate must have passed Masters Degree from any recognized University.
- to study abroad english language test like IELTS,TOEFL marks are mandatory.
- SOP And LOR,
Application process in Indian universities
The application process in the universities of India is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Abroad Application Process
The application process for admission in foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is choosing the right course and university.
- After selecting the course and university, research the eligibility criteria of that university for that course.
- Collect the required test scores and documents.
- Fill the application form by visiting the university site or you can Leverage Edu You can also take help of experts.
- Wait for the offer and prepare for the interview once selected.
- After clearing the interview round pay the required tuition fee and apply for scholarship, student visa, education loan and hostel.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000,
Some of the required documents are listed below-
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
There are many employment opportunities in the fitness industry. As you complete your course, you can take up a job as a fitness trainer in many fields. Some of the job opportunities are given below-
- Training Center
- hospital or health center
- fitness workshop
- cruise ships
- personal training studio
- Community Center Training Institute
- in-house trainer
According to Payscale.com a fitness trainer in India can earn between INR 3-15 lakhs annually. Whereas in the US, the annual salary of a fitness trainer is USD 49,156 (INR 34-36.86 lakh) and in the UK, GBP 20,000-22,000 (20-22 lakh) annually.
Fitness trainers lead, inspire and motivate individuals or groups in exercise activities including cardiovascular exercise (for heart and blood flow), strength training, and stretching. They work with people of all ages and skill levels.
According to Exercise.com, fitness trainers work 25-30 hours a week after gaining training experience.
Irrespective of your experience level, becoming a professionally qualified fitness trainer requires certain certifications. TAFE NSW offers comprehensive hands-on training with professionals already working in the industry.
Hope you have got information about how to become a fitness trainer from this blog. If you want to do fitness training courses abroad then visit our Leverage Edu from the experts of 1800 572 000 Call us and book a free 30 minute session today.