MIS (Management Information System) is a fast emerging field, which is a combination of technology and business. Doing MIS in the UK is one of the popular courses offered by international students. This blog of ours is about MIS in the UK. Read the complete blog for all the details of this course.
|Course Name||Masters in management information system|
|Entrance Exam||GMAT, GRE|
|MIS Duration||1-2 years|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in first division from a recognized university or college|
|Course Level||Post graduate|
|Top universities for MIS in UK||-The University of Manchester
-University of Nottingham
-Warwick Business School
-The London School of Economics and Political Science
|Popular Job Profiles||Business Analyst,Network Administrator, Business Application Developer, Database Analyst|
Why do MIS in UK?
MIS is a graduate level degree program in the UK. An MIS degree is a mixture of computer science and information systems with a focus on business. UK is the best for MIS degree. There can be many benefits of doing MIS in UK for students, such as:
- UK universities have made their place in the list of global QS ranking in the field of development management.
- Students in the UK are provided with the most suitable methods and techniques to understand technology and management work under MIS.
- Various social theories are included here to help students get a clear understanding of the processes of MIS.
- Students get a better guidance in improving their presentation, communication skills, cultural intelligence.
- The UK is home to the world’s best research facilities. Which provides you a suitable environment for research.
- UK universities offer many scholarship programs. Due to which the students get a financial support.
- Some UK universities offer internship as well as MIS studies.
MIS course is more than any coding and programming. This course consists of both the main subjects along with optional subjects. Some courses may involve individual project or dissertation, while some courses may also involve internship.
Here are some of the subjects covered under MIS course:
- Business Communication
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design
- Enterprise Application Development
- Advanced Database Management
- Economic Analysis
- IT Project Management
- Principal of Finance
- Business Information System
- IT Architecture and Cloud Computing
Some Top Courses for MIS in UK
Now that you know the topics taught in MIS, let us now go through some of the major courses in MIS.
- MSc Management of Information Systems & Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Information Systems
- MSc in Information Management
- MSc in Information Systems and Operations Management
- MSc in Business Administration in Management Information Systems
- MSc in Business Analytics and Information Management
- MSc in Information Systems
- Masters in Business Informatics
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Computing (Information Systems)
MIS Fees in UK
The annual fee for this course in the UK is around £21,500–£26,600 [Rs.22,06,142–Rs.27,30,021] Is. This fee is for the students doing full time master course in MIS. Annual fees for international students pursuing part-time courses in MIS are approximately £8,000 – £11,500 [Rs.8,23,768–Rs.11,84,167] Is . This is an approximate fee, the fees of different universities may vary according to the course.
The eligibility criteria for MIS in UK depends on the universities. There are a variety of requirements for admission to universities, which every applicant must fulfill. Some common requirements are as follows-
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in the first division (60%–80%) in the relevant field from a recognized university.
- English proficiency test like IELTS And TOEFL, PTE The scores of the exam have to be submitted. Must have an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher and an overall TOEFL score of 90 or higher, PTE score of 53 or higher.
- All applicants must submit GMAT / GRE scores. (if required)
- Preference is given to applicants with basic knowledge of information systems, information technology, quantitative methods and business administration.
Are you facing problem in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? so today Leverage Live Register here and get good score.
Top 10 Universities and Fees for MIS in UK
The UK’s top universities for MIS are listed below:
|No.||University||Annual Fees for MIS (in GBP) & INR)|
|1.||University of Manchester||25,000 (INR 25,68,128)|
|2.||University of Nottingham||25,300(INR 25,97,146)|
|3.||Warwick Business School||30,750 (INR 31,59,310)|
|4.||The London School of Economics and Political Science||30,960 (INR 31,80,886)|
|5.||Cranfield University||21,500 (INR 22,08,939)|
|6.||University of Glasgow||18,360 (INR 18,86,373)|
|7.||University of Southampton||24,300 (INR 24,96,670)|
|8.||Newcastle University||24,600 (INR 25,27,191)|
|9.||Aston University||17,002 (INR 17,46,638)|
|10.||Queen Mary, University of London||27,250 (INR 27,99,429)|
Do you want to study in UK? So Leverage Edu is brought Mega UniConnectthe world’s first and largest online university fair where you can get a chance to get admission in the university of your choice.
The application process for MIS in UK universities is as follows:
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university’s website, you will get a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select the course you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with your chosen course, educational qualification, personal statement and LOR.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee. Application fees may be different for each university.
The documents required for admission are as follows:
Scholarships for MIS in UK
There are many scholarships available in UK universities for students who want to pursue MIS. Which students can take advantage of and can do better MIS studies in less cost. The list of some scholarship programs is given below.
Do you have a dream of studying abroad and spending is getting in the way? So Leverage Edu has been brought to India Biggest study abroad scholarship of 5,00,00,000 So apply today and make your dreams come true.
Some of the leading UK universities providing scholarship for MIS –
- Birmingham City University
- University of Manchester
- City, University of London
- University of Nottingham
- Aston University
- Cranfield University
- Newcastle University
- De Montfort University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Kingston University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- University of Huddersfield
- Queen Mary, University of London
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Greenwich
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Sheffield
- University of South Wales
- University of Bedfordshire
Job Opportunities and Salary in UK after MIS
There are many job options after MIS. MIS graduates are in demand in the UK as well as all over the world. Students can make a career in logistics, manufacturing, business systems analysis, IT, research & academia and manufacturing management consultancy. The average annual salary after MIS in the UK is around £41,000(Rs.42,12,463) to £60,000 (Rs.61,66,068). Salary in UK can be more or less depending on the experience, knowledge and skills of the candidate. The salary of MIS graduates may also vary according to the cities in the UK. Here are some job profiles and their salary after MIS-
|Job Profile||Annual Average Salary (in GBP & INR)|
|Business Analyst||£46,931 (Rs.48,21,312)|
|Systems Analyst||£29,576 (Rs 30,38,272)|
|Business Application Developer||£30,599 (Rs 31,43,315)|
|Database Administrator||£36,318 (Rs 37,30,806)|
|Business Intelligence Analyst||£38,995 (Rs 40,05,804)|
|Database Analysts||£27,600 (Rs.28,35,532)|
|Network Administrator||£47,500 (Rs.48,79,991)|
Near students for MIS IELTS The score must be 6.5 or higher.
You will need a Tier 4 (general) student visa to study at UK universities.
top UK universities for MIS –
1. University of Manchester
2. University of Nottingham
3. Warwick Business School
4. The London School of Economics and Political Science
5. Cranfield University
6. University of Glasgow
7. University of Southampton
8. Newcastle University
9. Aston University
10. Queen Mary, University of London
We hope that you have got all the information related to MIS in UK in this blog. If you also want to study in UK and have any doubt in your mind related to it. so today we Leverage Edu With the experts of this no. Book a free session by calling 1800572000.