Princeton University is one of the world’s renowned universities, making it the fourth oldest university for higher education in the United States. The university is ranked #1 according to US News 2022, ranked 12th in the QS World Rankings when Princeton University is renowned for its unique educational facilities and quality education. Let us know about Princeton University in detail in the blog.
|campus setting||suburban (suburban)|
|annual endowment||USD 26 billion (₹2.75 lakh crore)|
|student retention rate||98%|
|work study program||can do|
|program mode||-full time
|campus housing capacity||96%|
|english language test||IELTS and TOEFL|
|Subsidies||Available in the form of grants, awards and scholarships|
Why study at Princeton University?
- Princeton Campus and Accommodations: Princeton University has a large campus with facilities prevalent in 200 campus buildings, 6 residential colleges, 17 campus chaplains and 10 libraries. So far, 112 Princetonians have competed in the Olympics.
- Programs: Princeton University offers admission to more than 36 undergraduate degree programs, 55 graduate certificates, 44 graduate degree programs and 13 graduate certificates and a pathway program in STEM fields through the School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- Scholarships: Princeton awards scholarships to over 60% of international students based on the family resources of applicants. The university has met 100% of the demonstrated needs of its candidates through a number of financial aid programs.
- Placement: Princeton graduates have found jobs in companies like Amazon, Citigroup, Uber and top ranked universities like Harvard, NYU, MIT.
Princeton University Rankings
|US News 2021 Ranking 2021||#1|
|QS World University Ranking 2022||#20|
|THE (Times Higher Education) University Rankings 2022||#7|
|US News & Best Graduate Teaching 2022||#3|
Do you know that Michelle Obama, David Matthews, Oliver Ellsworth, Jeff Bezos, Pete Conrad and Eric Schmidt have also completed their education from here.
Princeton University is ranked 20th in the QS World Rankings in 2022. Last year, Princeton University received about 32,804 applications, of which only 1,895 were selected. This means that out of every 100 applicants, only 6 are admitted so its acceptance rate is quite low. Princeton University’s current acceptance rate is 5.6%.
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can directly contact the representative of the university of your choice.
Candidates can apply at Princeton University through mid-August, through the Coalition Application and Common Application, or directly from the university website. All the important dates are given below:
|Application availability||mid August|
|Meeting English Proficiency Test Scores (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL)||1 september|
|Last date for submission of application||November 1st|
|apply for financial aid||9 November|
|candidate’s answer date||may 1st|
Some of the popular courses offered by Princeton University are given below-
- Master of Science in Engineering Computer Science
- Master in Finance
- BSE Computer Science
- MSE in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts in Public and International Affairs
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Public Administration
- Social Service Profession
- Master of Architecture
- Bachelor of Arts in East Asian Studies
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Mathematics
You AI Course Finder With the help of this, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
cost of reading
The cost of studying at Princeton University is given below-
|courses||Annual Tuition Fee (USD)|
|M.Sc Computer Science||54,000 (₹40.50 lakh)|
|Master of Finance||54,000 (₹40.50 lakh)|
|M.Eng Electrical Engineering||54,000 (₹40.50 lakh)|
|M.Sc Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering||54,000 (₹40.50 lakh)|
|Master of Architecture||54,000 (₹40.50 lakh)|
|M.Eng Civil and Environmental Engineering||49,000 (₹36.75 lakh)|
|BA Psychology||49,500 (₹37.12 lakh)|
|B.Sc Electrical Engineering||49,500 (₹37.12 lakh)|
|BA Neuroscience||49,500 (₹37.12 lakh)|
|BA Chemistry||49,500 (₹37.12 lakh)|
|B.Sc Chemical and Biological Engineering||49,500 (₹37.12 lakh)|
|B.Sc Civil and Environmental Engineering||49,500 (₹37.12 lakh)|
|BA Physics||49,500 (₹37.12 lakh)|
|M.Eng Chemical and Biological Engineering||49,500 (₹37.12 lakh)|
|BA Economics||49,500 (₹37.12 lakh)|
cost of living
The cost of living in the US depends on the lifestyle of the students, below are the common cost of living-
|tuition||56,010 (INR 41.24 Lakh)|
|board rate||7,490 (INR 55.16 Lakh)|
|Room rent||10,690 (INR 7.87 Lakh)|
|health insurance||2,780 (INR 2.4 Lakh)|
|Miscellaneous expenses||3,500 (INR 2.57 Lakh)|
Eligibility for Princeton University
You can also apply for Princeton University eligibility criteria through Coalition Application and Common Application, must read the criteria given below:
- for admission SAT The score range is 1470–1560.
- for admission ACT The range of scores is 33-35.
- the minimum IELTS The requirement is 7.0.
- the minimum TOEFL The requirement is 100.
- Average for MBA Applicant GMAT The number is 565.
- The average high school GPA must be at least 3.91.
You can prepare for exams like IELTS/ TOEFL/ GMAT/ GRE/ SAT/ ACT with the help of Leverage Live. for live demo now Leverage Live Book your free demo here.
Due to the world pandemic of Corona, Princeton University has made the following changes to the application process:
- Princeton University accepts both the Coalition Application and the Common Application and treats both equally.
- You must submit either the Coalition Application or the Common Application with Princeton Supplements.
- You have to submit a graded written paper.
- Next, you will need to submit a transcript, school report, school counseling letter, and 2 teacher recommendations.
- you own IELTS/TOEFL Score must be submitted.
- SAT or ACT results are currently not mandatory due to the corona pandemic.
- SOP And LOR
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000,
Applicants must submit the below mentioned documents for admission to Princeton University:
- Coalition Application and Common Application
- Princeton Supplements
- graded written paper
- school report
- school counseling letter
- 2 Teacher Recommendations
- mid year school report
- IELTS/ TOEFL And PTE academic marks of
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
There are also scholarships available to help students financially at Princeton University, which are named-
- Bershadsky Family Scholarship in Science or Engineering
- Harold W. Dodds Fellowships
- Natural Science and Engineering fellowship
The top companies that hire students for Princeton University graduates are as follows:
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- JPMorgan Chase
- Credit Suisse
Princeton University Placement
It organizes lucrative job fairs among potential employers and students throughout the year. The Institute’s handshake program has received over 42,000 applications, including 6,545 job and internship opportunities. The average starting salary for full-time job seekers is $72,000 (₹54 lakh). In addition, students can also take post-degree courses in the United States. The highest paying degree at Princeton University is a Master of Science degree, and the median income for alumni is $279,000. Given below are the average salaries of Princeton University graduates:
|courses||Average Salary (USD/year)|
|Master of Science||2.79 Lakh (₹2.09 Crore)|
|MBA||1.73 Lakh (₹1.29 Crore)|
|Doctorate||1.41 Lakh (₹1.05 Crore)|
|PhD||1.35 Lakh (₹1.01 Crore)|
|Master’s in Finance||1.13 Lakh (₹84.47 Lakh)|
|Bachelor of Science||1.10 Lakh (₹82.50 Lakh)|
Some of the alumni of Princeton University who have made their name known around the world are as follows:
|Jeff Bezos||Founder of Amazon|
|Michelle Obama||Former US First Lady (2009-2017)|
|brook shields||american actress|
|F Scott Fitzgerald||american writer|
|Ralph Nader||American politician|
|james stewart||american actor|
|woodrow wilson||former US president|
|John F Kennedy||35th President of America|
|Wentworth Miller||american actor|
|ted cruz||American politician|
You can apply for admission to Princeton University through the Coalition Application and the Common Application.
The average starting salary of a Princeton Bachelor can range from $68,400 (₹51.89 Lakh) to $80,000 (₹60.69 Lakh).
Yes, campus housing is guaranteed for all four years.
No, there is no pitfall in the admission process for financial aid applicants. Princeton has this admissions policy, which ensures equality of opportunity for students who cannot afford the full cost of admission. This policy covers all admissions applicants including international students.
Hopefully, this Princeton University blog was informative. If you are planning to stay at Princeton University Leverage Edu contact the experts 1800572000 Sign up now for a free 30 minute career counseling session with us and get all your career related questions answered.