The music industry is one of the few industries that never goes down? You have many opportunities to make your career in this field. Similar is the career in journalism in the music industry, that of a music journalist. Do you also want to know that music journalist kaise bane then our blog will give you information about everything from top courses to universities etc.
Who are Music Journalists?
A music journalist is a music expert writer. A music journalist is also a journalist who does journalism for the audience in the music industry, answers a musician’s talk or questions asked by the audience, musician or music composer and every news related to the music industry.
Interviewing people associated with the music industry, expressing their views, bringing out facts related to music, this is the definition of a music journalist. Often the question of people is that music journalist kaise bane or what is their work, then you can work independently as a blogger by becoming a music journalist or working with media organizations, newspapers, magazines or online websites. can.
music journalist jobs
After becoming a music journalist, many responsibilities and workloads fall on your shoulders. Let us know what a music journalist does?
- A music journalist does research and gathers accurate information.
- A music journalist also acts as a reviewer before or after the release of any music.
- The music journalist also hosts radio programs.
- Interviews people associated with the music industry.
- Creating music related to digital journalism.
- Handling the functions of the Music Publishing Industry.
- There are many online job opportunities on music blogs or other freelance websites. Many music journalists work as freelancers for some time before working as a publication.
- The music journalist spends a lot of time writing stories.
- Music journalists also occasionally participate in record release parties and music events.
Skills to be a Music Journalist
To work in any field, you need to have certain skills. Let’s know about these skills in a good music journalist kaise bane.
- reading comprehension
- active listening
- social comprehension
- time management
- complex problem solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
- computer and electronics knowledge
- digital skills
music journalist courses
Some of the top courses to become a music journalist are given below:
What will you learn in this course?
In the three years course of Music Journalism, you will get to learn something related to photography, journalism, music, some of which are mentioned:
- Professional, editorial formats (text, photo, audio, video, social media) are taught for music journalism.
- Taught about story ideas and how to identify them.
- Taught about how to interview.
- How to review a music.
- Taught how to collaborate on editorial output.
- How to Present Ideas to Commissioning Editors.
- How to work in a brief description of the client.
- How to become a Commissioning Editor.
- What is media law?
- What is Journalistic Ethics?
- The history of music journalism is told about the events taking place in the present.
- how to research
Eligibility to become a Music Journalist
To make a career in any industry, there are prescribed qualifications which you have to fulfill. Let us know what are the qualifications you need to become a music journalist.
- You can do 10+2 from any stream, whether arts, commerce or science, you must have more than 50% marks in it.
- If you want to do master’s degree then you must have journalism and communication specialization in bachelor’s degree.
- For admission in foreign universities IELTS Score 6.5 and TOEFL The score must be 90 or above.
- as well as foreign universities SOP, LOR demand.
- Some Foreign Universities for Master’s Degree in Journalism GRE Ask for scores.
How to become a Music Journalist – Step by Step Guide
Music journalism is a profession in which you must have knowledge of every art related to music, every aspect of music culture. Let us know what a music journalist kaise bane are and what are the steps, which are important to know.
- A professional degree is required to get started in any industry. Similarly, first of all, you should get a degree in Music Journalism Specialization in Journalism and Communication from any recognized college or renowned university.
- Start writing your reviews on news related to the music industry.
- You start doing internship in any news or publication so that you get experience.
- You can start your own blog or vlog.
- Follow the articles that are published daily.
- Be aware of all the news related to music.
- Keep improving your writing skills.
- Enroll yourself in a music or journalism industry.
- Give your written articles or vlog video samples to companies related to different journalism fields.
- Increase your exposure to journalism.
- Take up editing work or start an internship or freelancing in this field.
- There are many companies that have tie ups with your college or university, which conducts placements. You can take advantage of these facilities.
world’s top universities
The list of top universities in the world is given below:
top universities of india
To give a right shape and flight to your future, you have to take admission in the university, so that you can know in depth about that field. To become a music journalist, know which universities are there in India that offer music Journalism Courses offers.
- LPU Jalandhar
- Delhi University
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication
- MSU Baroda – Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- BHU Varanasi – Banaras Hindu University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar
- Mumbai University
- Indian Institute of Mass Communicators
- Xavier Institute of Communication
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media
- Amity School of Communication
- Jaipur National University
- Panjab University
The application process for admission in foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course FinderYou can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents likeSOPEssays, Certificates and LOR and required test scores likeIELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Livecan attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visaAnd will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
The application process in the universities of India is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
top music journalist
Top Music Journalists in India:
- n pattabiramana
- Kalki Sathasivam
- Kabir Suman
- Varsha Bhosle
- Pankaj Mishra
- R K Lakshman
- Nilesh Mishra
- Arvind Adiga
world’s top music journalists
- Greg Coats, Cohost, Sound Opinions
- Jim Fusilli, Music Critic, The Wall Street Journal
- John Carmenica, music critic, The New York Times
- John Pareles, Music Critic, The New York Times
- Nate Chinan, Music Critic, JazzTimes
- Chris Richards, Music Critic, The Washington Post
- Alan Kozin, music critic, The Wall Street Journal
- Hugh McIntyre, Music Critic, Forbes
Job Profile and Salary
After studying journalism, a question must have arisen in your mind that how much salary will you get after becoming a music journalist. As you develop skills in this field and with experience, you can get salary from 10 to 15 lakh rupees annually.
|job profiles||Annual Average Salary (Annual)|
|music blogger||2- 4 lakh rupees|
|music vlogger||3- 5 lakh rupees|
|music photographer||4- 5 lakh rupees|
|music critic||5- 6 lakh rupees|
|music researcher||Rs 5-10 lakh|
|music reporter||5- 6 lakh rupees|
If you want to make your career as a music journalist, then you have to do specialization related to mass communication, journalism or media.
It will take you 4 years to complete the degree of Music Journalist.
There are many types of music journalists, and each journalist has a different role. The list of different music journalists is as follows.
Music Critic (Interviewer)
Music Historian (Researcher)
Music Journalist (Reporter)
The university fees for doing music journalism depends on different cities, usually in any university, you can get an undergraduate degree from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 6 lakh per annum. For postgraduate, you have to pay a fee of 6 lakh to 11 lakh rupees.
If you want to study abroad for music journalist course, then you will have to spend 25 lakh to 90 lakh rupees and the cost of living there will also depend on your lifestyle.
Hope you liked the blog of music journalist kaise bane. if you study abroad If you want to do it, you can join us today. Leverage Edu Numbers given by experts of 1800 572 000 Contact us to book a free session.