Nurses are required in any hospital or nursing home and this is a very respectable post. To become a nurse, it is very important to have patience and courage in a person along with the service spirit. Nurses serve patients selflessly, operate medical equipment, maintain patient health records and many more. If you also want to become a nurse and you also have this question in your mind that how to become a nurse, then definitely read this blog of ours very carefully.
Who are nurses?
A nurse is a person who is trained to care for sick or injured people. Nurses work with doctors and other health care workers to heal patients, keep them fit and healthy. Nursing is a profession like a doctor, but the training is different for a nurse. Nurses can train for three to five years or more before becoming licensed as a nurse. Nurses work in hospitals, in doctor’s offices, and in the community.
What do nurses do?
The primary role of a nurse is to care for patients and prepare progress reports on health and illness. However, a nurse has many other responsibilities that form part of a nurse’s role, including:
- Collaborating with team of doctors to plan patient care.
- Preparation of records by monitoring the health of the patient.
- Managing medicines and treatments.
- Operate medical equipment.
- Diagnostic test.
- Educating patients to fight diseases and become aware.
- Providing support and advice to patients.
qualification to become a nurse
To know this Nurse kaise bane it is important to know about the qualification, which is given below:
- Students must have passed 10+2 with Science stream from any recognized board.
- To take admission in Bachelors program, students must have a minimum of 60% in 12th.
- For master’s degree students must have 55% or more marks in every semester in bachelor’s degree.
- NEET Scores It is also accepted abroad.
- Most universities abroad for bachelors SAT and for masters courses GRE Ask for scores.
- For admission in foreign universities IELTS either TOEFL Test scores are required as proof of English proficiency. In which IELTS score 7 or higher and TOEFL The score must be 100 or higher.
- to study in foreign universities SOP, LOR, cv/resume And portfolio also need to be deposited.
type of nurse
There are several types of nurses according to the role or field:
- registered nurse
- licensed practical nurse
- travel nurse
- clinical nurse specialist
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse
- Operating Room Nurse (OR)
- home health nurse
- nurse practitioner
Step by Step Guide to Become a Nurse
Below are the step by step guide for nurse kaise bane, which will definitely help the students to make their career.
Step 1: Basic Education
Many students wish that they make their future in medical, then they have to first complete their education with 10+2 PCB.
Step 2: Entrance Exam
Students will have to take NEET exam before taking admission in Bachelor’s degree if they want to study abroad then they have to pass Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Test. Although NEET is also accepted in foreign universities.
Step 3: Earning Bachelor’s Degree
After giving the medial entrance exam, the student will have to complete 4-5 bachelors or diploma program after taking admission in any famous university as per their wish.
Step 4: Complete the Masters
Many students wish to complete further higher education, so they have many options for masters programs. Masters programs also work to increase the value of your resume, which proves helpful in getting a good job.
Step 5: Find a good job
After completing his education every student has a desire to do a good job. Students have the option of working in government and private institutions.
courses to become a nurse
In Nurse kaise bane, we know which courses are available to the students, which they can choose to make their future in the field of nursing.
Here is a list of some post diploma courses, which are as follows:
- Diploma in nursing
- Diploma in GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery)
- Auxiliary nursing and midwifery (ANM)
Bachelors Degree Courses
Here is a list of some undergraduate courses, which are as follows:
- BSc Nursing
- Bachelor’s in Nursing and Midwifery
- Bachelor’s in Medical Rehabilitation and Nursing Care
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Psychological Science
Here is a list of some post undergraduate courses, which are as follows:
- MSc in Nursing
- Masters in Nursing in Critical and Emergency Care
- Master of Advanced Clinical Nursing
- Master’s in Medical Rehabilitation and Healthcare Management
- Masters in Mental Health Nursing
- MSc in Public Health Nursing
- Master of Nursing (Research)
- Master of Nursing (Perioperative Nursing)
world’s top ranked universities
Here is a list of world famous universities to study abroad:
- King’s College London
- Manchester University
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Nottingham
- University of Glasgow
- Yale University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Michigan State University
- University of Washington
- Victoria University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Western Sydney University
- Michigan State University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Sacred Heart University
- University of Ottawa
- University of Strathclyde
- University College Birmingham
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Ryerson University
- University of Southampton
- Chester University
top ranked universities of india
Following are the list of Top Indian Medical Universities:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
- Christian Medical College
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore
- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Banaras Hindu University
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipali
- King George Medical University
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
The application process for admission in foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssays, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
The application process in the universities of India is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
Below are a list of some of the sectors for career opportunities that students have after completing their nursing studies:
- private hospital
- government hospital
- private clinic
- government nursing home
- community health center
- rehabilitation center
- Rural Health Care Center
- Educational Institution
- corporate group
salary after becoming a nurse
According to the payscale, the annual salary of a fresher after doing nursing course is given in the table below.
|post name||salaries per annum|
|clinical nurse||6-8 lakhs|
|Informatics Nurse Specialist||5-7 lakhs|
|dialysis nurse||5-12 lakhs|
|nurse midwife||6-10 lakhs|
|nurse anesthetist||4-7 lakhs|
|family nurse practitioner||7-9 lakhs|
To become a nurse, students can do the following courses:
1. BSc Nursing
2. Bachelor’s in Nursing and Midwifery
3. Bachelor’s in Medical Rehabilitation and Nursing Care
4. Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Psychological Science
If a student wants to do a nurse course then he/she has to appear for NEET exam.
No, it is not necessary to do masters after bachelors, if you want, you can do masters.
We hope you have got all the important information about nurse kaise bane. If you want to do any course related to medical field abroad, then today Leverage Edu to the experts 1800 572 000 Call on to book a free 30-minute session.