PhD is one such course in India after which you take over a post that contributes to research for the country. After doing PhD in Public Administration, you work with the government and contribute to public policies and public welfare. Let us know in detail about PhD Public Administration.
|full form||Doctor of Philosophy in Public Administration|
|period of time||3-5 years|
|Qualification||At least 55% in PG course|
|average annual salary||Rs 5-10 lakh|
|Top Job Profiles||-Public Management Relations Specialist
What is PhD Public Administration?
Following a research program in this field helps you develop your skills. public administration In PhD, you do a comparative study of the government policy of different countries. its specifics and along with its thesis public policies Presents the idea about how to improve it by applying it in a general way. The duration of the program depends on the research topic you have taken. PhD takes 3-5 years to complete.
Check out: Canara Bank Scholarship
There are a number of programs in PhD Public Administration that you can choose from which are as follows:
|Doctor of Philosophy in Public Affairs – Criminal Justice||Doctor of Philosophy in Political Science – Comparative Public Policy and Governance||Doctor of Philosophy in City Planning|
|PhD in Public Administration and Policy||Local Government and Public Policy PhD with Integrated Study||Doctor of Philosophy in Public Policy- Social Policy and Inequality|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Urban Studies||PhD Employment Policy and Equalities||Doctor of Philosophy in Education and Human Development|
|PhD in Public Administration and Management||Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Resources and Policy||Doctor of Philosophy in Urban Studies – Community Development|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Government and Public Policy||Doctor of Philosophy in Human Development and Family Studies||Doctor of Philosophy in Public Affairs – Public Policy Analysis|
Below is the syllabus for PhD Public Administration:
Course I – Research Methodology and Computer Applications
- scientific approach to research
- data collection methods
- research design
- Data analysis and computer use
- report writing
Course II – Public System Governance
- Institutional Framework for Fighting Corruption
- regulatory governance
- emerging trends
Course III – Public Policy: Theoretical Perspectives
- public policy model
- Approach to Public Policy Analysis
- restrictions on public policy
- Policy Implementation and Evaluation
Course IV – Public Administration: Theoretical Perspectives
- modern outlook
- emerging trends
Course V – Field Work
world’s top universities
The world’s top universities offering PhD Public Administration courses are as follows:
top universities in india
Following are the names of top universities in India offering PhD Public Administration course:
- Banaras Hindu University
- Maharishi Dayanand University
- Annamalai University
- Adamas University
- Allahabad State University
- Banasthali Vidyapeeth
- Dr. BR Ambedkar University of Social Sciences
- Jain University
- Guru Ghasidas University
- Arunachal University of Studies
PhD Public Administration from Distance Education
Some universities also provide distance education for PhD public administration, their names are given below:
Qualifications for PhD Public Administration
In general, every university must have certain qualifications, which are given below:
- To apply for PhD Public Administration course, students must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks.
- For PhD Public Administration, you must have passed Master’s degree in relevant course with at least 50%-55% marks.
- For taking admission in PhD public administration course in India you need to UGC-NETTIFR, JRF-GATE or state level entrance examination.
- There is no specific entrance exam for PhD public administration abroad, although some universities also conduct entrance exams.
- International students also need a research proposal, research interest and methodology to take admission in PhD Public Administration. Due to which your interest in your research and the seriousness of the work will be penalized.
- A good measure of your proficiency in English IELTS/ TOEFLScore matters.
- statement of purpose It is a written statement that reflects your personality.
- In English Essay
- letter of recommendation or LORs
- updated professional resume
Check out: How to prepare for UPSC
The application process for admission in foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
The application process in the universities of India is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
Entrance Exam for PhD Public Administration
The list for the entrance exam for PhD Public Administration is as follows:
Listed below are the top scholarships in the world to do PhD in Public Administration-
|Herbert Roback Scholarship||USD 7,500 (Rs 5,62,500)|
|University of Alaska – Anchorage American Society of Public Administration Scholarship||USD 250 (Rs 1,500) per academic year|
|Oregon Chapter Public Works Association Michael Lindberg Scholarship||USD 2000 (Rs 1,50,000)|
|Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship||USD 10,000 (Rs 7,50,000) per year|
|American University Scholarships||USD 2000 (Rs 1,50,000)|
|Thomas R. Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship||USD 40,000 (Rs 30,00,000) per year|
|Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship||USD 5,000 (Rs 3,75,000)|
Other Scholarships for PhD
Scholarships are made available to do PhD Public Administration in India, which are as follows:
|Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)||MHRD, Government of India|
|CSIR-UGC JRF Fellowship||Government of India|
|DBT-JRF Fellowship||Government of India|
|FITM – AYUSH Research Fellowships Scheme||Forum on Indian Traditional Medicine (FITM) and Ministry of Ayush|
|SAARC Agricultural Ph.D. Scholarships||SAAR Agricultural Center|
|Swami Vivekananda Single Child Scholarship for Research in Social Science||UGC|
|ESSO-NCESS Junior Research Fellowship||ESSO- National Center for Earth Science Studies|
|Vision India Foundation (VIF) Fellowship||Vision India Foundation (VIF)|
|Burning Questions Fellowship Awards||Tiny Beam Fund|
|Google Ph.D. Scholarships|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships||Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund|
|ICHR Junior Research Fellowships (JRF)||Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR)|
|Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students||French Government|
|Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship and Leadership Program||University of Oxford|
|Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students||Gates Cambridge Trust|
|Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships for International Students||Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung|
|AAUW International Fellowships in the USA for Women||AAUW|
|Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students||Swiss Government|
Job Profile and Salary
According to Glassdoor.co.in, after getting a doctoral degree, you can handle these job profiles and get salary-
|job profile||Salary (Rs./annual)|
|Public Management Relations Specialist||4-5 lakhs|
|social worker||4-5 lakhs|
|management analyst||9-10 lakhs|
|policy analyst||7-8 lakhs|
Following are the jobs after doing PhD in Public Administration:
1. Human Resource Director
2. Executive Director
3. Budget Analyst
4. Policy Analyst
5. City Manager
The annual salary of PhD Public Administration in USA ranges between USD 75,000 – $100,000 (Rs 56,25,000 – 75,00,000).
No, there is no age limit for doing PhD.
Hope you got information about PhD Public Administration course from this blog. If you want to do PhD Public Administration course abroad then visit our Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session today by calling our experts on 1800 572 000.