York University is the third largest Canadian university with a high student satisfaction rate. It is home to over 10,000 international students from 178 countries, based in Toronto. It has 7,000 academic and administrative staff, over 3 million alumni, and is ranked 1st in Canada by Corporate Nights, Forbes and CNN Expansion (Schulich School of Business) for offering high-quality MBA programs. If you are planning to study in the top ranked universities in Canada, then York University is the best choice for you. Let us know further about the University of York.
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#501–#550|
|fees||,undergraduate 25,000-35,000 (INR 15-21 Lakh)
,post graduate 15,000-55,000 (INR 9-33 Lakh)
In 1959, under the York University Act, York University was established as a non-sectarian institution. It ranks third among Canada’s largest universities and became an independent university in 1965 while being affiliated with the University of Toronto in its early years. When York University came into existence, the York Board of Governors decided that there would be a residential college named Glendon College. At first, the university emphasized liberal education in the arts and sciences, but it introduced education for three additional faculties, including business, engineering, and medicine, by the late 60s. Today, York University is home to approximately 55,700 students and 7,000 faculty and staff worldwide.
The Keele Campus, located in Toronto, is the primary campus of New York University. Both the campuses of the university are spread over an area of 500 acres. The name of the other campus is Glendon Campus. It also serves as a satellite location of Seneca College. Markham Center and Glendon are two other campuses of the University. York University is home to 28 Research Centers and 11 Faculties. These include Faculty of Science, Schulich School of Business, Lassonde School of Engineering, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, Glendon College, Faculty of Education, Osgood Hall Law School, Faculty of Health, Faculty of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Bachelors Education and School of Arts, Media, Performance and Design.
Many of York University’s programs have been recognized both internationally and nationally. The cross-disciplinary programs and innovative educational opportunities of the university provide a great platform for students looking for meaningful careers. The university’s approximately 120 programs for undergraduates, along with 17-degree types, provide a broad spectrum of degree options for students. The university has more than 3 lakh alumni spread across the world. Steven Glenwood McLean is a renowned Canadian astronaut who studied at York University.
Why choose York University?
Some of the points of choosing York University are mentioned below-
- Program: The University of York offers programs through its 11 Faculties. There are 78 Undergraduate programs, 92 Postgraduate programs and 41 PhD programs available here. Accounting and Finance is one of the most opted subjects in the university. It is ranked #95 in the QS WUR Subject Ranking 2021.
- campusYork University has 3 campuses. It is the only university campus in all of Canada that requires its students to take programs in both English and French. More than 4,000 students can be accommodated in the university’s ten residences. The average cost of living at York University is CAD 7,512/8 months i.e. 4.50 lakhs.
- placement: Within four months of graduation, most York University graduates find employment. York University MBA is the highest paying degree in Canada with students earning an average of CAD 1.37 Lakh i.e. INR 82.20 Lakh per annum.
- financial help: The University of York offers a limited number of scholarships and awards to international students. International students are considered suitable if they have an outstanding academic record, leadership qualities and athletic excellence. The value of these awards ranges from CAD 5,000-35,000 (INR 3-21 Lakh) every year.
York University Ranking
|Times Higher Education, Global University Rankings 2022||#401-500|
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#501-550|
|US News & World Report, Top Global Universities 2022||#432|
|ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2021||#401-500|
york university acceptance rate
York University has an average acceptance rate of 27%. That is, out of a total of 206,297 applicants, 55,700 people were accepted, of which 57 percent were women and 43 percent were men. The acceptance rate proves that admission here is highly selective. Students seeking admission will need a good GPA and excellent academic rank.
York University Important Dates
Some of the important admission dates in York University are given below-
York University Fees
The tuition fees for York University are as follows–
|program||Average Annual Tuition Fee (in CAD)|
|undergraduate||25,000-35,000 (INR 15-21 Lakh)|
|Graduate||18,799-78,203 (INR 11.27-46.92 Lakh)|
cost of living
The cost of living in Canada greatly depends on the lifestyle of the students, below are some common cost of living-
for international undergraduate students
|tuition fees||25,000-35,000 (INR 15-21 Lakh)|
|Textbooks and Supplies||1,200-1,500 (INR 72,000-90,000) (varies by program)|
|Residence (Double Room)||5,922 (INR 3.55 Lakh)|
|meal plan||3,350-5,000 (INR 2.01- 3 Lakh)|
|Personal expenses for living on campus (entertainment and other)||2,500 (INR 1.50 Lakh)|
|Living off campus (apartment rent, utilities, food)||11,000 (INR 6.60 Lakh)|
|Personal expenses if living off campus (entertainment, transportation)||4,000 (INR 2.40 Lakh)|
|Health and Dental Care (UHIP + Supplemental Coverage)||891 (INR 53,460)|
|Estimated Total Per Year (Cost varies based on program and lifestyle options)||44,000-47,000+ (INR 26.40-28.20 Lakh)|
To know the cost of living as per your choice Cost of Living Calculator use.
for international graduate students
|tuition fees||15,000-55,000 (INR 9-33 Lakh)|
|Textbooks and supplies (some programs may have more)||1,600-3,200 (INR 96,000-1.92 Lakh)|
|accommodation and food||12,000 (INR 7.20 Lakh)|
|Health and Dental Care (UHIP + Supplemental Coverage)||1,500-3,120 (INR 90,000-1.87 Lakh)|
|Miscellaneous (Transportation, Clothing, Entertainment)||3,700-4,000 (INR 2.22-2.40 Lakh)|
|Estimated Total Per Year (Cost varies based on program and lifestyle options)||38,000-1 Lakh+ (INR 22.80-60 Lakh)|
Note – These figures are approximate. For more details contact Leverage Edu Experts at 1800 572 000.
York University Top Courses
Some of the top York University courses and their annual tuition fees are listed below-
You AI Course Finder With the help of this, you can choose the courses and universities of your choice.
York University Admission Eligibility
Here are some of the general qualifications for admission to York University:
Eligibility for Bachelor’s Degree Course
- For Bachelor’s degree course, it is necessary that the applicant must have secured first class (60-80%) marks in 12th.
- If the original transcripts are not in English, the student must also provide an official translation.
- English Proficiency Test for any course like PTE, Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTSCAEL, MELAB, CanTest etc. scores are required.
Eligibility for Master’s degree course
- For master’s degree course, all the applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Bachelor’s degree must have a first or upper second class (2.1) or at least 5 (or international equivalent) GPA points.
- for masters courses GRE And MBA for GMAT Scores are required.
- Full time work experience of 39 months is necessary for MBA.
- If the original transcripts are not in English, an official translation must also be provided.
- English Proficiency Test for any course like PTE, Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTS etc. scores are important.
required test scores
|CANTest||4.5 (Listening & Reading) 4.0 (Writing)|
York University Application Process
The degree course wise application process at York University is given below –
- You York University Feather go and register or Leverage Edu You can also take the help of experts.
- After registering with the website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now Educational Qualification, IELTS, TOEFLrequired test scores, S.O.P., Lor, CV/Resume Fill the application form with
- Thereafter submit the application form and pay the required application fee of CAD 50 (INR 3,000).
- You can fill the paper-based application form by visiting the university, for which the required application fee is CAD 130 – 200 (INR 7,800– 12,000).
- For help with writing the SOP and the application process, you can visit our Leverage Edu You can take the help of experts.
Some of the important documents are listed below-
also to get student visa Leverage Edu The experts will help you in every possible way.
Scholarship Schemes at York University
Some of the top York University scholarship programs are listed below-
|International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction||33,168 (INR 19.90 Lakh)|
|Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students||20,411 (INR 12.24 Lakh)|
|Glendon International Scholarship||9,695 (INR 5.79 Lakh)|
|International Circle of Scholars Scholarship||14,670 (INR 8.80 Lakh)|
You Leveraged Finance Through this, you can also get education loan according to your course and university to study abroad.
Most York University bachelors are employed or go on to further studies within 4 months of graduation. The best paying degree at the university is MBA, with alumni earning an average salary of CAD 137,000 (INR 78 Lakh). The highest paid alumni and graduates are financial services professionals at CAD 87,000 (INR 52 Lakh) annually.
Some of the names of the alumni of York University who have made their name known around the world are as follows-
|Thea Gilo||canadian actress|
|Rachel Mcadams||canadian actress|
|Scott Thompson||film producer|
|Steve McLean||canadian astronaut|
|Marshall A. Cohen||Chairman of Molson|
The acceptance rate for York is 27%. Students are required to maintain good academic records and a good GPA in order to be eligible for admission.
York University is known for its cross-disciplinary programming, innovative course design, and experiential learning opportunities.
York University is ranked 401st in the World University Rankings by Times Higher Education. It is a top choice among students for pursuing higher studies abroad because of its academic excellence and ranking.
The acceptance rate for York University is 80%.
If you also want to study in Canada’s best university, York University, then apply today. 1800 572 000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30-minute session with the experts at They will provide you a proper guidance as well as help you from the application process to getting the visa.