No company in the world can progress without better customer experience i.e. customer feedback is essential. The rapidly growing economy along with the increasing population has provided growth in all the sectors. Today many supermarkets, malls, shopping centers, cinema halls, etc. are growing rapidly from the smallest city to the capital, due to which the career options in this field are also increasing rapidly. If you are also interested in doing retail management course after 12th then read this blog completely.
What is Retail Management Course?
Retail management is a process that helps the customers to buy the goods they need for their use from various stores in the country. This process involves many tasks related to inviting customers to retail stores to providing all the necessary shopping facilities for them. Another advantage of this is that the customer saves his time well as he gets all the goods he needs from one store.
What skills are required for retail management course are as follows:
- keen interest in retail
- critical thinking
- communication skills
- leadership qualities
- quick decision making skills
- problem solving skills
- strategic thinking
retail management courses
Some of the top courses for retail management along with their duration are given below-
|Diploma in Retail Management||1 year (2 semesters)|
|Bachelor Degree in Retail Management||3 Years (6 Semesters)|
|Bachelor Degree in Fashion Retail Management||3 Years (6 Semesters)|
|MBA in Retail Management||2 Years (4 Semesters)|
|PG Diploma in Retail Management||1 year (2 semesters)|
|PG Diploma in Fashion Retail Management||1 year (2 semesters)|
|Certificate Course in Retail Store Management||6 months|
|Advance Certificate Course in Retail Store Management||6 months|
You AI Course Finder With the help of this you can choose the courses and universities of your choice.
Retail Management Course Topics
Some of the topics covered in Retail Management Course are given below:
- Management principles and practice
- retail Management
- sales management
- marketing Management
- Concepts in Supply Chain Management
- management information System
- consumer Behaviour
retail management course fee
The fee of any student for this course depends on the institute selected by him/her as the fee for each college/university is different. Your average annual tuition fee can range up to INR -3 Lakhs.
|Universities||Average Annual Tuition Fee (INR)|
|Rayat College of Education||1.71 lakh|
|APS college of education and technology||60,000|
|Shantiniketan College of Education||64,000|
|St. Soldier’s College of Education||4,000|
top universities abroad
The top universities for retail management courses abroad are as follows:
- University of Minnesota
- Ryerson University
- Purdue University
- central michigan
- Eastern Kentucky
- Florida International University
- University of Cincinnati
- College Dublin University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Art University London
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you will be able to contact directly the representative of the university of your choice.
top universities in india
The top universities for retail management course in India are as follows:
- National Skill Development Mission, New Delhi
- National Institute of Retail Management, Ahmedabad
- National Institute of Retail Management, Mumbai
- National Institute of Retail, Bangalore
- Shantiniketan College of Education, Srinagar
- Retail Excellence Academy, New Delhi
- Currency Communication Institute, Ahmedabad
- Birla Institute of Management and Higher Studies, Noida
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies, Mumbai
- Pearl Academy of Fashion, New Delhi
Eligibility for Retail Management Course
To pursue a retail management course, a student has to fulfill certain requirements which are given below:
- 12th pass from a recognized board.
- At least 50% marks in 12th is mandatory.
- Knowledge of computer and English is important.
- communication skills should be better.
- Attractive CV/Resume must have.
- English language test for studying abroad like IELTS, TOEFL etc. marks are mandatory.
Application process in Indian universities
The application process in the universities of India is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Abroad Application Process
The application process for admission in foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is choosing the right course and university.
- After selecting the course and university, research the eligibility criteria of that university for that course.
- Collect the required test scores and documents.
- Fill the application form by visiting the university site or you can Leverage Edu You can also take help of experts.
- Wait for the offer and prepare for the interview once selected.
- After clearing the interview round pay the required tuition fee and apply for scholarship, student visa, education loan and hostel.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000,
Some of the required documents are listed below-
- official academic transcripts
- Scanned passport copy
- IELTS or TOEFLRequired test scores
- Professional / Academic LORs
- Essay (if required)
- Portfolio (if needed)
- updated CV / resume
- A passport and student visa
- bank statement
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
Given below is the list of entrance examinations for taking admission in retail management course-
- IPU CET
- AIMA UGAT
- DU JAT
- CSIR JRF
Career options after retail management course
The retail market sector accounts for 10% of the country’s domestic product (GDP). More than 15% growth is happening in this business every year. Due to the continuous growth of this business in India, globalization, increase in work force, per capita income as well as demand for goods and services is increasing continuously. After doing retail management course, you can build a career in both government and private sectors. Some of your career options are as follows –
in government department
You can apply to work in many big companies and at the same time it will be mandatory to pass the entrance exam of that government department. Following are the institutes that provide jobs in some government departments –
- TATA Groups
- ITC Retail
- RPG Retail
in private department
If you want to work in private sector then your career options are given below –
- Store Manager
- Manager Operations
- Sales Person
- Sales Manager
- Retail Manager
- Retail buyer and merchandiser
Job Profiles and Salary
After doing a good retail management course, you will get many career options in which many better job profiles will be present. Generally your average salary can range from INR 20,000-60,000. Let us also tell you that your salary also depends on your qualification, experience, company, location, etc. The salary of some professional job profiles are as follows –
|job profiles||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|store manager||4-5 lakhs|
|senior sales manager||12-13 lakhs|
|retail banking officer||5-6 lakhs|
|retail account manager||10-11 lakh|
Retailing is an important part of the business industry that involves selling products and services to consumers for their personal or family consumption. The retailing process involves direct interaction with customers and co-ordination of business activities, from the design phase of products to their delivery and then services.
When a consumer wants to buy an item or product for his own consumption, he tends towards the retail store. By the way, a retail store manages a small quantity of any product, that is, it buys any product in very small quantities.
Retail management refers to the process of bringing people together on a common platform and making them work as a unit to achieve the goals and objectives of an organization.
Hope you have got all the information from Retail Management. If you want to do retail management course abroad, then today 1800 572 000 Call on to book a minute free session. Our experts will help you choose the right one.