Oil and gas exploration and production is one of the largest industries in the world. With the increasing shortage of petroleum products and increased exploration of new petroleum resources, the demand for skilled petroleum engineers has increased. According to a recent industry report, employment opportunities in this sector will grow by 15% by 2026. At present, the interest of most of the youth is increasing in this field. In this blog, BTech Petroleum Engineering has been told which is necessary for you to become a Petroleum Engineer.
What is B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
B.Tech Petroleum Engineering is a 4-year engineering course. Which is related to the production of hydrocarbons, which can be natural gas or crude oil. BTech Petroleum Engineering overlaps with other major engineering courses like Mechanical, Chemical and Civil.
Why do B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
Some of the major reasons to do B.Tech Petroleum Engineering are mentioned below-
- Oil prices have risen which means oil exploration and production has also increased, hence the demand for BTech petroleum engineering graduates has also increased.
- Get to explore remote places in India and abroad.
- Petroleum engineers get a lot of benefits with excellent salary and above average package as compared to a basic engineer.
Some of the essential skills for BTech Petroleum Engineering are mentioned below-
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design Software: A good understanding of various Computer Aided Design (CAD) software is a must in this profession. Petroleum engineers use a variety of CAD software to generate designs and blueprints in their work. They use advanced technologies to automate not only data analysis but also simulation, production and drilling processes.
- team work: Petroleum engineers often work with other engineers, construction workers, and project managers. Therefore, it is very important to have the skills to work together with the team.
- Communication Skills: Giving presentations, participating in meetings and giving innovative suggestions etc. come under the work of a petroleum engineer. effective for communication skills It is very important to have.
- Analytical Skills: petroleum engineer A common duty for the U.S. is to determine how and where to drill in order to make an operation profitable. In this, it is necessary to do a detailed analysis of different situations to take the right decision. They should have the ability to analyze the existing data along with the best techniques to extract the residual oil from the ground.
The general syllabus of B.Tech Petroleum Engineering is given below-
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Mathematics I||Mathematica II|
|engineering mechanics||Engineering Thermodynamics|
|basic electrical engineering||basic electronic engineering|
|Introduction to Computing||Introduction to Data Structure and Algorithm|
|Physics Lab||chemistry lab|
|engineering drawing||workshop lab|
|Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) viz- Business Communication-I||Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) like- Business Communication-II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Mechanical Engineering I||Mechanical Engineering II|
|Methods of Applied Mathematics I||Numerical and Statistical Method|
|Geology for Petroleum Engineer||Petroleum Production Operation I|
|Drilling Fluids And Cement||Element of Reservoir Engineering|
|drilling technology||managerial economics|
|Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) Elective||surveying theory|
|Petroleum Engineering Practical I||Petroleum Engineering Practical II|
|Geology for Petroleum Engineer Practical Lab||Surveying Practical Lab|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Applied Petroleum Resort Engineering and Management||directional drilling|
|Petroleum Production Operation II||Petroleum Formation Evolution|
|Sedimentary and Petroleum Geology||Advance Numerical Method|
|Methods of Applied Mathematics II||Applied Electrical Engineering|
|Petroleum Engineering Practical III||Petroleum Engineering Practical IV|
|Sedimentary and Petroleum Geology Practical||Composite Viva Voce|
|project and term paper||project and term paper|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|oil and gas well testing||petroleum engineering design|
|Offshore Drilling and Petroleum Production Practices||Enhance Oil Recovery Technique|
|Health Safety and Environment in Petroleum Practice||Reservoir Modeling and Simulation|
|Health Safety and Environment in the Petroleum Industry||pipeline engineering|
|Industrial Engineering and Management||Oil and Gas Marketing and Resource Management|
|petroleum engineering project||Petroleum Engineering Projects & Seminars|
|Well Performance in Intervention||Advance Offshore Engineering|
|drilling system design|
top foreign universities
Here we have given the list of world’s top universities for B.Tech Petroleum Engineering-
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- The University of Texas, United States
- Stanford University, United States
- Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Texas A&M University, United States
- Imperial College, United Kingdom
- The University of Adelaide, Australia
- University of Alberta, Canada
- Heriot-Watt University, United Kingdom
- King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
Top Indian Universities
Given below is the list of top universities in India for B.Tech Petroleum Engineering-
- NIMS Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jaipur
- IIT Kharakpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad
- Chandigarh University
- SVS College of Engineering, Coimbatore
- MIT WPU, World Peace University, Pune
- Parul University, Vadodara
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum, Uttar Pradesh
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Noida
The essential qualifications for B.Tech Petroleum Engineering are as follows:
- For Bachelors Degree Programs in Petroleum Engineering, it is necessary that the candidates must have passed 10+2 with 1st division with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Maths) from a recognized board.
- For Bachelors in Petroleum Engineering in India, some universities have mandatory marks in entrance exams like JEE Mains, JEE Advanced. Also some of the top universities conduct their own entrance exams. At the same time, for this course abroad, it is necessary to meet the required grade requirements set by the university, which may vary from person to person.
- Most universities abroad require SAT or GRE scores.
- For admission in foreign universities IELTS either TOEFL Test marks are required. In which IELTS marks should be 7 or above and TOEFL marks should be 100 or more.
- For admission in foreign universities SOP, LOR, CV/Resume And also have to submit the portfolio.
To apply, the candidate has to complete the process given below-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can visit our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you can check out our Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000.
Application process for Indian University
The application process by Indian Universities is given below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
You will need the following required documents:
The entrance exams for B.Tech Petroleum Engineering are:
- MHT CET
- KCET etc.
The important books that can be studied while studying BTech Petroleum Engineering are-
|Quantitative Methods in Reservoir Engineering||Wilson C. Chin PhD|
|Remediation of Petroleum Contaminated Soil||Eve Riser-Roberts|
|Commercial Nuclear Power: Assuring Safety for the Future||Charles B. Ramsey and Mohammad Modarres|
|Deepwater Oil Production and Manned Underwater Structures||M. Jones|
|Remediation of Petroleum Contaminated Soil||Eve Riser-Roberts|
After doing BTech Petroleum Engineering course, most of the students opt for potential jobs and career options. However, some graduates choose to pursue higher studies in the relevant field. Here we have mentioned some common higher study options-
- M.Tech: Students who want to continue further studies in the same field of education can M.Tech You can choose petroleum engineering course study. It is a 2-year postgraduate degree program.
- MBA: student MBA You can also choose the option of
top recruiting companies
Some of the major top recruitment companies are as follows-
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Gas Authority of India Ltd.
- British Gas
- Halliburton Services
- Essar Oil etc.
Job Profile and Salary
Some of the major job profile and payscale wise salary after BTech petroleum engineering are given below-
|job profile||Estimated Annual Salary (INR)|
|process engineer||INR 2.57-10 Lakh|
|reserve engineer||INR 9.80-70 Lakh|
|business consultant||INR 1.40-10 Lakh|
|senior sales executive||INR 1.90-5.11 Lakh|
|senior project engineer||INR 1.24-3.54 Lakh|
|Senior Business Development Manager||INR 5.66-20 Lakh|
|Research Associate (Unspecified Type)||INR 1.47-5.88 Lakh|
Petroleum engineers are experts in designing and developing various techniques and methods to extract oil and natural gas from the earth’s surface.
To become a petroleum engineer, it is very important to have a bachelor’s degree in this field. After that you can easily apply for entry level jobs.
B.Tech Petroleum Engineering is a 4-year engineering course.
Hopefully, in this blog you have got all the information about BTech Petroleum Engineering course. If you want to do B.Tech petroleum engineering abroad 1800572000 by calling Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with the experts.