Bachelor’s degree in Physiology mainly focuses on the study of human organs, body structure. Admission to B.Sc Physiology is done on the basis of merit, some reputed universities conduct entrance exams for the same. The popularity of this course has increased in the last few years mainly due to the growth in this industry and the plethora of careers. A lot of opportunities for further studies are also available after the completion of Bachelor’s degree in Physiology. If you want to know more about the eligibility requirements, career prospects for BSc Physiology course then keep reading!
|course name||Bachelor of Science in Physiology|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam, Merit Based|
|career options||Physiotherapist, Researcher, Teacher etc.|
What is BSc Physiology?
The full name of BSc Physiology is Bachelor of Science in Physiology. One of the major choices of the students is the duration of this Bachelor’s degree for three years. BSc Physiology teaches subjects related to the study of life, specifically about how cells, tissues and organisms function. After taking this course you will understand how physiologists are constantly trying to answer important questions in areas ranging from the function of single cells to the interactions between human populations and our environment on Earth, the Moon and beyond. Physiologists work in laboratories, libraries, in the field and in space.
Why choose BSc Physiology?
There are many reasons to choose B.Sc. Physiology, some of the main reasons are given below:
- Popular courses: Bachelor degree in Physiology is one of the popular courses nowadays. It is rated annually as one of the top jobs with constant growth globally.
- Diversified career options: There are many options available to you when you study BSc Physiology. You can work for various government institutions and private sectors like laboratories, hospitals etc.
- Job Position: After B.Sc Physiology you can work as Lab Assistant, Personal Trainer, Research Assistant, Medical Content Writer and many more
- High Package: After BSc Physiology, you get a high salary package in whatever job profile you work on.
The skills required for B.Sc Physiology are as follows:
- critical thinking
- communication skills
- laboratory work
- Pleasant Personality
- Specialized Equipment Use
- advanced thinking
- problem solving
- team work
- scientific approach
- analytical thinking
How to do BSc Physiology?
The step by step guide to do B.Sc Physiology course is as follows:
- Step 1: Complete the schooling: You complete your schooling and especially keep in mind that your main subjects Physics, chemistryAnd Biology As should be the subject.
- Step 2: Prepare for the entrance exam: You can prepare for entrance exam to become a physiologist after completion of your schooling mainly in India GSAT, DSAT And there are also entrance exams of foreign countries like SAT, ACT e.t.c. With the help of these exams you BE either B.Sc You can apply for such courses.
- Step 3: Graduate Degree get receive: you in physiology B.Sc, degree can be obtained. This course is generally of 3 to 4 years duration.
- Step 4: Get the Job: After B.Sc Physiology, you can apply for jobs based on your degree and skills. Try to get a job and get a job which will help you immensely in learning work in this field because the more you learn from experience, the more you become expert in that field.
- Step 5: Get Post Graduate Degree: You can also get a post graduate degree for better opportunities in your job. You MSc Physiology in management MBA Like getting a post graduate degree. The duration of these courses is generally 2 years.
Given below is the three year general syllabus to read the course of B.Sc Physiology. Which is the same in most universities:
|conservation of matter||energy in human system|
|Biophysical and Biochemical Principles Involved in Human Systems||histology|
|endocrine system||Renal Physiology|
|nerve muscle physiology||blood and body fluids|
|human experiments||Clinical Biochemistry|
|cardiovascular system||Immunology and Immunization Programs|
|hematological test||sensory physiology|
The list of courses for B.Sc. Physiology and Bachelor’s degree in other physiology is given below:
|Bachelor of Science in Physiology||Bachelor of Science in Physiology and Physics||Bachelor of Human Kinetics – Clinical Exercise Physiology|
|Honors Bachelor of Science in Pathobiology||Bachelor of Science in Biology – Anatomy and Physiology||Bachelor of Science in Human Performance|
|Bachelor of Arts – Anatomy and Physiology||Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science – Physiological Sciences||Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Physiology|
top foreign universities
The top foreign universities for B.Sc Physiology course are as follows:
Top Indian Universities
Given below is a list of top Indian universities from where you can pursue BSc Physiology course:
|University name||College name|
|Delhi University||Miranda House|
|University of Delhi||Hindu College|
|University of Madras||Madras Christian College|
|University of Madras||Loyola College|
|University of Delhi||Kirori Mal College|
|University of Delhi||Hansraj College|
|Christ University||department of science|
|University of Madras||Stella Maris College|
|University of Delhi||Sri Venkateswara College|
To pursue a BSc course in Physiology from top universities abroad, you need to fulfill certain eligibility conditions. Although the eligibility criteria may vary from university to university, here are some general conditions:
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have at least 50% more than the marks in class XII.
- For Masters degree course it is necessary that the candidate must have completed Bachelors degree in Physiology from a recognized university or college.
- Some universities conduct entrance exam for admission in masters course only after that you can be eligible for these courses. For Masters in some foreign universities GRE And GMAT score is required.
- Bachelor’s degree course in any university SAT,ACT may also be requested.
- Also with the above requirements you need for abroad IELTS either TOEFL Scores are also required.
Application Process for Foreign Universities
In order to apply, the candidate has to complete the process given below:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can visit our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you can check out our Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000.
Application process for Indian University
The application process by Indian Universities is given below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
You will need the following required documents:
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
There are different types of entrance examinations for getting admission in different colleges, but there are some common examinations which are accepted by most of the colleges or universities, some of them are as follows:
foreign entrance exams
Indian Entrance Exams
- BHU UET
- OUAT ET
- IPU CET
- KIITEE BCA
- BU MAT
- AIMA UGAT
Following are the essential books for B.Sc Physiology:
|essential books||author name||buy from here|
|Pharmacology and Pathophysiology of the Control of Breathing: 202||Denham S Ward, Albert Dahan||buy from here|
|Essentials of Medical Physiology: With Free Review of Medical Physiology||K Sembulingam, Prema Sembulingam||buy from here|
|Gutten and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology: Third South Asia Edition||Vaz||buy from here|
|Basics of Medical Physiology||Venkatesh||buy from here|
|Human Physiology in Nutshell||Dr A K Jain||buy from here|
To make a specialized niche in the field of Physiology, a prestigious degree from a recognized university is highly recommended for you. It is the most sought after field in medical science, it has always been in demand. Below is a list of some of the top career options that you can get in the field of physiology which you can take a look at:
- clinical exercise physiologist
- biomedical scientist
- sports physiologist
- research physiologist
- agricultural researcher
- forensic scientist
- health economics specialist
- Human Resources Officer for Government and Industry
- pathology technician
- reproduction technologist
- veterinary scientist
Given below are the average salary packages of some of the job profiles from the above mentioned career options as per Glassdoor.in:
|job profile||Average Salary Package (in INR)|
|cardiovascular||5 to 7 lakhs|
|physiologist||4 to 6 lakhs|
|physiotherapist||3.5 to 5 lakh|
|health care administrator||4 to 6 lakhs|
The duration of B.Sc Physiology course is three years.
B.Sc Physiology can do the following post graduate courses:
Master of Science in Biology – Physiology and Morphology
Master of Science in Physiology and Pathophysiology
Master of Science in Pathology and Molecular Medicine
Master of Science in Physiology
Master of Science in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Physiologists can work in Biotechnology Companies, Consulting Companies, Ammatory Companies, Middle Schools, Government Armed Forces, Health Centers, Hospitals, Laboratories etc.
Hope you liked this block in terms of BSc Physiology. If you also want to complete B.Sc Physiology from any foreign university, then call us on 1800 572 000 today. Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with our experts. They will also help you in the application process with a proper guidance.