Biochemistry is the branch of science that studies the chemical structure and process in the body of organisms. Whereas clinical biochemistry is the branch of biochemistry that studies the chemical structure and process in the human body. With the advancement of technology, many new subfields are emerging in this field, various physical tests such as bloodThe demand for clinical biochemists can see a huge increase due to , urine etc. If you want to know about what is clinical biochemistry and how you can establish your career in this unique field, then know in detail about clinical biochemistry in this blog.
What is Clinical Biochemistry?
Clinical biochemistry is a sub-branch of biochemistry and a division of laboratory medicine that deals with the measurement of chemicals (both natural and unnatural) in blood, urine, and other body fluids. These test results are useful for detecting health problems, determining prognosis, and guiding patient therapy. Clinical Biochemistry is one of the medical professions. Specifically, it is one of several subdisciplines collectively referred to as laboratory medicine. As the name suggests, laboratory medicine constitutes all the practices of medicine which are concerned with laboratory investigations for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Whereas some subdisciplines of laboratory medicine are concerned with tissues, cells or infectious elements.
Who are Clinical Biochemists?
Clinical biochemists are PhD level scientists with specialized post-doctoral training in laboratory medicine. Clinical biochemists ensure that consistently high quality, accurate biochemical test results are provided so that high quality care can be provided to the patient. Clinical biochemists are primarily involved in the investigation of the biochemical constituents of body fluids.
Skills for Clinical Biochemistry
Some of the skills required to work in the field of Clinical Biochemistry are mentioned below-
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- attention to detail.
- Systematic and thorough approach.
- Commitment to patient care in a hospital setting.
- Numerical and written skills.
clinical biochemistry courses
Clinical Biochemistry at Bachelors level is mainly offered as one of the subjects with different disciplines. In this courses are available only at MSc and PhD level, you can first specialize in clinical biochemistry after Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or other related subject. There are a variety of courses in Clinical Biochemistry that you can choose from if you want to make a career in this department of science. Contains-
- BSc Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- BSc Biochemistry and Microbiology
- BSc Biology
- BSc Pharmacology and Biochemistry
- PG Diploma in Science in Biochemistry
- MSc Clinical Biochemistry
- PhD in Clinical Biochemistry
Our AI course finder With the help of this, you can choose the courses and universities of your choice.
Top Universities for Biochemistry
Below are some of the leading universities that offer Clinical Biochemistry courses-
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you will be able to get in direct contact with the representative of the university of your choice.
Top Universities in India for Clinical Biochemistry
Some of the premier institutes in India for Clinical Biochemistry are as follows:
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Delhi University
- University of Hyderabad
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Indian Institute of Science
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- IIT Kharagpur
- BITS Pilani
- Bangalore University
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute
- Kannur University
Eligibility for Clinical Biochemistry Courses
While applying for a program in this domain, you must keep some essential things in mind which are mentioned below-
- For Bachelors degree program in Clinical Biochemistry, candidates must have completed PCB (Physics, chemistryBiology) or PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) with 10+2 first class pass.
- with the required minimum percentage GATE Those who qualify the exam can also apply for Research Fellowship by passing the written test and/or interview.
- These courses abroad must meet the required grade requirements set by the university, which may vary from university to course.
- For PG program in Clinical Biochemistry, it is necessary to have a first class Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. Also some universities accept admission on the basis of entrance exam.
- 1-2 years of work experience is also demanded by some institutions, however, this is not an essential requirement.
- Most universities abroad for bachelors SAT and for masters courses GRE Ask for scores.
- For admission in foreign universities IELTS either TOEFL Test scores are required as proof of English proficiency. In which IELTS score 7 or higher and TOEFL The score must be 100 or higher.
- to study in foreign universities SOP, LOR, cv/resume And portfolio Also need to submit.
The application process for various clinical biochemistry courses in India and foreign universities is mentioned below-
Application process in Indian universities
The application process in universities in India, is as follows:
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Abroad Application Process
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows:
- The first step in your application process is choosing the right course and university.
- After selecting the course and university, research the eligibility criteria of that university for that course.
- Collect the required test scores and documents.
- Fill the application form by visiting the university site or you can Leverage Edu You can also take help of experts.
- Wait for the offer and prepare for the interview once selected.
- After clearing the interview round, pay the required tuition fee and scholarship, Chhatra Visa , education loan And apply for hostel.
a charming SOP From writing to visa application, you can take the help of Leverage Edu experts to help you with the complete application process.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
Are you looking for education loan to study abroad, then today Leverage Finance Avail and avail education loan based on your course and university.
Here is a list of all the nationally and internationally recognized entrance exams that are used by universities in India and abroad to admit students for Clinical Biochemistry degree-
|SAT (For Bachelors Abroad)||GRE (For Masters Abroad)|
|GSAT||B.Sc Entrance Exam|
Clinical Biochemistry Best Books
Some of the best books for Clinical Biochemistry are listed below-
|Clinical Biochemistry: An Illustrated Color Text||gaw||Buy Here|
|Clinical Biochemistry: Metabolic and Clinical Aspects||Andrew Day, Ruth Ayling, and William J. Marshall||Buy Here|
|Clinical Biochemistry and Metabolic Medicine||Martin Crook||Buy Here|
|Medical Biochemistry||John W. Baynes, PhD and Marek H. Dominiczaki||Buy Here|
|Mark’s Basic Medical Biochemistry||Alisa Peet and Michael Lieberman||Buy Here|
|Practical Clinical Biochemistry: Methods and Interpretations||Ranjana Chawla||Buy Here|
Careers and Salaries in Clinical Biochemistry
In Clinical Biochemistry, you can earn a high salary with increased professional skills and experience. Salary hike can be up to INR 20,000 per month. The salary in the field of Clinical Biochemistry in different countries is given below-
|job profile||Salary in India (INR)||Salary in UK (INR)||Salary in USA (INR)||Salary in Canada (INR)|
|Professor||3-5 lakhs||36-42 lakhs||44-53 lakh||40-52.49 lakh|
|clinical biochemist||4-5.7 lakh||20-35 lakhs||55-64.18 lakh||40-50 lakhs|
|geneticist||5-8.5 lakhs||20-30 lakhs||45-60 lakhs||40-47 lakhs|
|forensic scientist||5 – 10 lakh||36-42 lakhs||36-42 lakhs||20-30 lakhs|
Clinical biochemistry is a sub-branch of biochemistry and a division of laboratory medicine that deals with the measurement of chemicals (both natural and unnatural) in blood, urine, and other body fluids. These test results are useful for detecting health problems, determining prognosis, and guiding patient therapy. Clinical Biochemistry is one of the medical professions.
No, biochemistry is certainly not harder than chemistry. There is very little mathematics, it is very easy to conceptualize and all the aspects of biology of the discipline help to make it easy to understand and understand.
Biochemistry is the branch of science that studies the chemical composition and process in the body of organisms. Whereas clinical biochemistry is the branch of biochemistry that studies the chemical structure and process in the human body.
Clinical Biochemistry at Bachelor’s level is mainly offered as one of the subjects with different disciplines. In this courses are available only at MSc and PhD level, you can first specialize in clinical biochemistry after Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or other related subject.
Clinical Biochemists are PhD level scientists with specialized post-doctoral training in laboratory medicine. Clinical biochemists ensure that consistently high quality, accurate biochemical test results are provided so that high quality care can be provided to the patient. Clinical biochemists are primarily involved in the investigation of the biochemical constituents of body fluids.
We hope that this blog has given you all the information related to clinical biochemistry in Hindi. If you aspire to study Clinical Biochemistry from abroad, then contact us today for the best guidance. 1800 572 000 call on and Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with the experts.