What is ROM in Hindi: whenever we computer either Android When buying a mobile, we definitely talk about RAM and ROM, but many people do not know very well what these two are and what they are used for.
RAM We have told you about (rem) in our previous article. In today’s article, we will give you information about ROM. By which you will understand how important part of the ROM system is.
Through this article, we ROM Types of And will also tell about its benefits and also give information about Stock ROM and Custom ROM, so stay with us, read till the end of this article, so let’s start – What is ROM in Hindi,
What is Computer ROM?
The full name of ROM is Read Only Memory. As it is clear from its name, we can only read ROM, we cannot write it. Data is already fixed in ROM, something new in it Data Can’t add. This is Non Volatile Memory, which keeps our data permanently safe for a long time.
What is the full form of ROM – ROM Full Form In Hindi
ROM ka full form hota hai – Read Only Memory ie such Memories Which can only be read.
Definition of ROM
ROM is the Permanent Memory of the computer in which the data is already added by the manufacturer and after that no other data can be added to it. It helps the system to be on.
Features of ROM – ROM Features in Hindi
Let us now know about some features of ROM –
- ROM is the permanent memory of the computer.
- This primary memory It is only a part of.
- ROM can only be read.
- Data is already fixed in ROM, no new data can be added to it.
- The instructions for all the basic functionality of the computer are stored in ROM.
- This cpu It is part of memory.
- ROM is cheaper than RAM.
- This is a Non-Volatile Memory which remains safe in the computer even after the power supply is turned off.
- ROM uses less power, it is a reliable memory.
Tell the type of ROM – Type of Read Only Memory
By now you must have realized that what is rom These Hindi, Now let’s know about the types of ROM.
There are mainly four types of ROM.
- MROM (Masked Read Only Memory)
- PROM (Programmable Read Only Memory)
- EPROM (Erasable and Programmable Read Only Memory)
- EEPROM (Electrically Erasable and Programmable Read Only Memory)
1 – MROM (Masked Read Only Memory)
The full name of MROM is Masked Read Only Memory. The data stored in it cannot be changed. It is already pre-programmed. MROM was used earlier but is no longer used.
Characteristics of MROM
- It is very cheap as compared to any other memory.
- Store data cannot be removed in this, so it has to be replaced if any error occurs.
- Ability to store more data in less space.
- use it network operating system And Server Operating System is done in
2 – PROM (Programmable Read Only Memory)
User data in PROM can be updated only once. Once the data is added, no changes can be made in it.
When the user buys PROM, he can write the data once in it. The device used to write data is called PROM Burner.
Since once the data is added, no changes can be made in it, hence it is also called OTP Chip (One Time Programmable).
Symptoms of prom (Characteristics of PROM,
- In this, data can be stored only once.
- It is used in CTR Monitor.
- In this, PROM Burner is required to store the data.
3 – EPROM (Erasable and Programmable Read Only Memory)
In this type of ROM, data can be erased and programmed again. Ultra Violet Light is used to remove the data. To remove the data, the data has to pass through Ultra Violet Light 30 to 40 times. EPROM Eraser is used to erase the data.
Characteristics of EPROM
- In this, you can program the data twice.
- It requires more electricity.
- Ultra Violet Light is required to remove the data.
- Reprogramming is very slow in this.
- Data can be kept safe for many years after reprogramming.
- It is used in PCO computer and TV Turner.
4 – EEPROM (Electrically Erasable and Programmable Read Only Memory)
You can program the data in EEPROM by erasing it 10 to 15 thousand times. It takes only 6 to 10 milliseconds to erase the data.
In this, there is no need to empty the entire chip to erase the data. You can program again by selecting an area, erasing it.
Characteristics of EPROM – Characteristics of EEPROM
- In this, you can program the data again by deleting it 10-15 thousand times.
- It is very easy to program the data.
- To erase the data, there is no need to take the chip out of the computer again and again, so it takes very little time to erase the data.
- In this we can erase data from a selected area.
- It is better than PROM, EPROM, so it is also expensive.
- Data can also be erased by electric charge.
Advantages of ROM
From the information given so far, you must have understood what ROM is, now let us know about some of the benefits of ROM –
- This is a permanent memory.
- Store data is Permanently Stored in this.
- Even after the power supply is off, the data remains secure in it.
- It is cheaper than RAM.
- The data stored inside it cannot be changed.
How ROM works
The way ROM works is that whenever we turn on the computer, the computer does not know that the CPU along with it, Mouse, Keyboard e.t.c hardware are also attached. all of them BIOS (Basic Input Output System) is called.
ROM chip is shaped like this BIOS computer Operating System Connects to and helps in turning on the computer.
ROM is an important part of our computer, without ROM nothing data can be stored in the computer. It helps to turn on the Booting Process and system.
What is Stock ROM – What Is Stock ROM In Hindi
Stock ROM is the ROM that comes by default in computer or mobile. It is designed by the manufacturing company itself. They add such features in it, according to which you have to use your computer or mobile.
What is Custom ROM – What Is Custom ROM In Hindi
As we mentioned in Stock ROM, the features are already programmed by the manufacturer. But if we want to add new features to our device, then Custom ROM is required for that. Custom ROM is made by developers. They add new features to the device by changing the source code of the original ROM.
We Learned: What is Computer ROM in Hindi
Through today’s article, we have given you Computer ROM And has given complete information about ROM in detail. Along with this, you have been told about the four types of ROM very well.
After reading this article completely What is ROM? You must have understood about it very well. We hope that like every article of ours, you must have got to learn a lot from this article. Do share this article with your friends too so that they too can know about ROM better.