Do you also feel overwhelmed by the vast opportunities available in the field of commerce with subjects like Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy, Finance and Maths? And do you also feel excited to learn about Corporate Affairs, Sales, and Purchase, Goods and Services? If the answer to all these questions is yes, then commerce is the domain that can be most fruitful for your career. If you already have a B.Com degree in this field, then you should choose a master’s degree course like M.Com Finance to create new opportunities for achievement in your career. This blog has been told about the M.Com Finance course, if you also want to get complete information about this course, then read till the end.
|course name||Master of Commerce in Finance|
|course level||post graduate|
|Qualification||10+2 from recognized board|
|Examination Type||semester system|
|admission process||entrance exam|
|average course fee||INR 2 Lakh to 10 Lakh|
|entrance exam||JEE Mains, JEE Advance, VIT EEE, BIT SAT etc.|
|foreign entrance exam||SAT, act|
|top foreign universities||MITSloan School of Management, Harvard Business School, Harvard University,HEC Paris e.t.c.|
|Top Indian Universities||KBP Hinduja College of Commerce Mumbai, Panjab University Punjab, Mata Gujri College Punjab etc.|
|job profile||TCS, Infosys, Wipro, State Bank of India etc.|
|top recruiters||Financial Consultant, Investment Banker, Auditor etc.|
What is MCom Finance?
M.Com Finance is a post graduate degree course with a duration of 2 years. The course mainly focuses on the systematic study of finance and specialty areas. Under M.Com in Finance course, candidates develop data processing skills and quantitative techniques. This course is designed to provide students with a wide range of financial skills while building high competence in a specific area of business. Under M.Com Finance course, all the candidates learn about the subjects like General Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Human Resource, Marketing.
Why choose MCom Finance?
Some of the main reasons why to choose M.Com Finance course are given below:
- M.Com Finance is the best option for students who want to pursue a post graduate degree and are interested in enhancing their knowledge in the field of finance.
- Recent research has revealed that top multinational companies are now looking for specialized financial advisors or finance officers. With the help of which the company can make more profit and grow well in future. Hence, courses like M.Com Finance are in high demand in today’s accounting and finance world.
- After successful completion of this course, candidates can have new potential job opportunities in the financial and banking fields.
- Some successful post graduates can easily find positions like financial consultants, investment bankers, financial analysts, financial managers, chief financial officers, stock brokers, financial controllers in sectors like public accounting forms banking sector etc.
- Candidates can apply for lectureship and for posts like professor through UGC-NET or JRF exams.
- After completing this course, graduates can easily get an average salary package of INR 4 Lakh to 20 Lakh.
- Along with this, graduates can also focus their attention for further research in this field.
The following are the skills that the students should possess in order to pursue the M.Com Finance course:
- computer knowledge
- leadership qualities
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to focus on facts and figures
- Knowledge of banking and finance sector
- strong mathematical skills
- analytical skills
- logical reasoning
How to finance M.Com? step by step guide
A step by step guide to pursue M.Com Finance course is given below with the help of which you can plan yourself:
- Step 1: Complete the Schooling: You should complete your schooling and especially keep in mind that your main subjects should be commerce and accounting.
- Step 2: Prepare for the Entrance Exam: You can prepare for the entrance exam after completing your schooling to do accounting and finance B.Com. Mainly in India there are CUET, DUET and there are also foreign entrance exams like SAT, act e.t.c. With the help of these exams, you can apply for courses like B.Com.
- Step 3: Graduate Degree get receive: You can get B.Com degree. This course is generally of 3 to 4 years.
- Step 4: Get the Job: After B.Com, you can apply for jobs based on your degree and skills. Try to get a job and get a job which will help you immensely in learning on the job in this field because the more you learn from experience the more expert you become in that field.
- Step 5: Get Post Graduate Degree: After B.Com, you can also pursue an M.Com Finance degree for better opportunities in your career. The duration of this course is generally of 2 years.
The syllabus of M.Com Finance is as follows:
|semester 1||semester 2|
|business management||e commerce|
|Business Environment and Legislation||Financial Accounting and Packages|
|business economics||Quantitative Methods for Business|
|Quantitative Techniques for Business||financial management|
|information technology for business||marketing management|
|Entrepreneurship Development||human resource management|
|semester 3||semester 4|
|advance banking||Banking & Law Practice|
|Banking & Technology||bank management|
|Insurance Product and Management||Insurance and Risk Management|
|principles of life insurance||insurance actuarial|
|Financial Markets & Services||portfolio management|
|Security Analysis and Investment Management||financial derivatives|
top foreign universities
Given below are the names of top foreign universities to pursue M.Com Finance course, out of which you can choose any university for yourself:
You Uniconnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you will be in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
Top Indian Universities
Top Indian Universities for M.Com Finance are as follows:
- kbp hinduja college of commerce mumbai
- Punjab University Punjab
- Mata Gujri College Punjab
- Seshadripuram College Bengaluru
- NSS College Kerala
- Mercy College Palakkad
- St. Joseph’s College Kerala
- Jiwaji University Gwalior
To pursue M.Com in Finance course from top universities abroad, you need to fulfill certain eligibility conditions. Although the eligibility criteria may differ from one university to another, here are some general conditions:
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have at least 50% marks in 12th.
- The applicant must have commerce and accounting as his subjects in class 12th.
- For Masters degree course, it is necessary that the candidate must have obtained Bachelors degree in commerce from a recognized university or college.
- Some universities conduct entrance examination for admission in masters course only after that you can be eligible for these courses. For masters in some universities abroad GRE And GMAT score is required.
- For Bachelor Degree Course in Any University SAT,act can also be demanded.
- Along with the above requirements you need to go abroad IELTS either TOEFL Scores are also required.
Application process for foreign university
To apply the candidate will have to complete the process given below:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you would like to apply through our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of.
- The next step is to have all your documents like S.O.P.Essay, Certificates and Lor and required test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, act etc. is to collect and organize.
- If you haven’t done your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE etc., which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, then you can take our Leverage Live Can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Housing, student visa And start the scholarship/student loan application process.
- Now it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take around 4-6 weeks or more. The last step in your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required semester fee.
For information and assistance with the application process Leverage Edu Contact Experts at 1800 572 000
Indian university application process
The application process by Indian universities is given below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
You will need the following essential documents:
To get student visa also our Leverage Edu The experts will help you in every possible way.
There are different types of entrance exams for getting admission in different colleges, but there are some common exams which are mostly recognized by all the colleges or universities, some of them are as follows:
foreign entrance examinations
indian entrance exams
- MCAER CET
- OUAT ET
- ICAR AIEEA (PG)
- BHU CET
- IPU CET
- BU Mat
- NMU UG CET
- AIMA UGAT
Below are some of the essential books for M.Com Finance course:
One can work in many top industries after earning a degree in M.Com Finance. Some of the top industries and top recruiters are listed below:
- private sector
- public accounting firms
- banking sector
- budget planning sectors
- insurance companies
- IT sector
- FMCG Companies
- State Bank of India
- HDFC Bank
- Hindustan limited Unilever
- Adani Wilmer
Job Profile & Salary Package
The job profile and expected annual salary after doing the course can be as follows:
|job profile||average salary package|
|financial consultant||INR 5 Lakh to 6 Lakh|
|investment banker||INR 10 Lakh to 15 Lakh|
|auditor||INR 4 Lakh to 6 Lakh|
|finance officer||INR 6 Lakh to 8 Lakh|
|financial analyst||INR 3.5 Lakh to 5.5 Lakh|
The duration of M.Com Finance course is 2 years in which complete knowledge is provided to the students in 4 semesters.
The average fee for M.Com Finance course in India ranges from INR 10 thousand to 1 lakh.
Students who are interested in this course and willing to take admission in it must have Bachelors Degree in Commerce with Accounts.
After doing M.Com Finance course, you can easily get a salary package ranging from INR 3 Lakh to 20 Lakh.
Hope you have liked our blog regarding MCom Finance. If you also want to study M.Com Finance from any foreign university, then call us today on 1800 572 000 Leverage Edu Book a free 30-minute session with the experts at They will also help you with the application process with a proper guidance.