Minerals are naturally occurring substances on the lower and upper surface of the earth. Minerals are generally solid and have a crystal structure. It is the job of a mining engineer to identify this structure and discover new minerals. Students interested in this can make their best career by studying Mining Engineering. Mining engineering is explained in detail in this blog.
|full form||mining engineering|
|Indian Universities||-IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
-IIT Varanasi Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Mangalore
|Qualification||To do Bachelor degree course in Mining Engineering, you have to pass 10+2 with minimum 50%.|
|job profiles||Mining Engineer, Lecturer, Mining Safety Engineer etc.|
|foreign universities||The University of Queensland,
The University of New South Wales,
Virginia Tech Curtin University,
University of Wollongong,
University of Exeter,
University of Arizona etc.
What is Mining Engineering?
Mining engineering is concerned with the minerals found below and above the ground. Mining engineering is also associated with many other subjects, such as – Minerals Processing, Exploration, Excavation, Geology and Metallurgy, Geotechnical Engineering and Surveying. A Mining Engineer is involved in everything from mineral resource exploration, mine design, planning to development.
Why do Mining Engineering?
To know why to do Mining Engineering, read the points given below:
- Mining engineering is best for students interested in knowing about the minerals found below and above the ground.
- In Mining Engineering, one gets to learn about Mineral Processing, Exploration, Excavation, Geology and Metallurgy, Geotechnical Engineering and Surveying etc.
- In mining engineering, from the identification of minerals to its utility and processing, it is also taught. Along with increasing knowledge, it also helps in research.
- There are many job opportunities in mining engineering in public sector or government institutions. Candidates with a Master’s degree in Mining Engineering have a promising future in the teaching profession.
- There are many employment options for mining engineers. Arab nations including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and the UK offer lucrative professional prospects to qualified applicants.
The skills of Mining Engineering are as follows:
- project management
- analytical problem solving
- technology skills
- work place knowledge
- personal skills
- communication skills
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
- management skills
- Mathematical and Science Skills
In Mining Engineering, the student has the option of pursuing Diploma courses, Bachelor’s degree courses to PhD courses. The list of Mining Engineering courses is given below:
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- BE Mechanical Engineering
- BE Hons Science Major in Mining Engineering
- BE Hons Information Technology- Mining Engineering
- BSc Mining Engineering
- ME/MS Mining Engineering
- ME Mining, Geological and Geophysical Engineering
- MSc Mining and Minerals Engineering
- PGDip Mining Engineering
- MPhil Mining and Minerals Engineering
The list of top universities in the world for mining engineering is given below:
India’s Universities of Mining Engineering are given below:
- IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- IIT Varanasi Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Mangalore
- NIT Rourkela- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- NIT Raipur National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- College of Engineering, Anna University Guide, Chennai
- Rungta College of Engineering and Technology, Bhilai
The eligibility for different courses to take admission in Mining Engineering is given below:
- To do Bachelor degree course in Mining Engineering, you have to pass 10+2 with minimum 50%.
- For Mining Engineering, the student has to apply for JEE Main, JEE Advanced, MHT CET , OJEE, BCECE have to pass entrance exam. For Bachelor Degree Course Abroad SATor ACT You have to clear the exam.
- If you want to pursue a master’s degree course in mining engineering, a bachelor’s degree is a must.
- To take admission in the Master’s degree program of Mining Engineering abroad, the student must have a good GMAT,GRE There should be a score.
- If you want to take admission in PhD, then you must have passed master’s degree in related course.
- For taking admission in PhD course in India you need UGC-NETTIFR, JRF-GATE Or have to pass the state level entrance exam.
- A good IELTS, TOEFL The score must be in the form of English language proficiency.
- Some universities abroad also require 2 years of work experience for a master’s degree, which may vary from university to university.
The application process for admission in foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and Required Test Scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
Given below is the list of entrance exams for taking admission in mining engineering courses in India:
Some of the books on Mining Engineering are given below:
Given below is the list of top recruiters who are offering jobs in the field of Mining Engineering:
- Tata Steels
- Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Limited
- Accenture Solutions
- Aditya Birla Hindalco
- Vedanta Limited
- Bharat Aluminum Company
- Larsen & Turbo
- Adani Mining Pvt. Ltd.
- Hindustan Zinc Limited
- Essel Mining & Industries Limited
- Bharat Forge Limited
- Rajasthan State Mines and Minerals Limited
- Coal India Limited
- Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation
- Geological Survey of India
- Indian Bureau of Mines
- Steel Authority of India Limited
- Uranium Corporation of India Limited
- Central Institute of Mine Planning and Design Ranchi
After studying Mining Engineering, you can do jobs in many fields. Some of the popular job profiles in the field of Mining Engineering are given below:
- mining engineer: A mining engineer reviews the commercial practicality of newly proposed ventures in mining. Mining engineers supervise the design and construction projects of potential mining sites.
- lecturerLecturers: Lecturers are the experts in their subject, who help in designing, developing and delivering the content to the courses with the help of methodology and platform. Lecturers also do research and field work.
- mining safety engineerMining Safety Engineer: The mining safety engineer follows state and federal safety regulations in addition to taking care of the safety of workers.
- operations manager: An operations manager is aware of all the development activities in the department and creates strategies to meet the objectives and goals of the company.
- Design Engineer: A design engineer observes and conducts calculations and structural design.
Job Profile and Salary
Some of the job profiles of Mining Engineering are given below:
|job profiles||Estimated Annual Salary|
|mining engineer||Rupee. 6 lakhs per annum (approx.)|
|lecturer||Rupee. 3-4 lakhs per annum (approx.)|
|mining safety engineer||Rupee. 6-7 lakhs per annum (approx.)|
|operations manager||Rupee. 8 lakhs per annum (approx.)|
|design engineer||Rupee. 8-9 lakhs per annum (approx.)|
Mining geology, rock mechanics, mine development, underground mine observation, mineral processing, mining machinery etc. disciplines have been included in mining engineering.
After studying mining engineering, you can work in coal companies, fertilizer companies, uranium, oil and gas exploration companies.
Here is the list of top universities in India:
1. Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur
2. Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
3. Jawaharlal Nehru University of Technology
4. Lucknow Institute of Technology, Lucknow
5. Indus International University, Una
Here is the list of top universities abroad:
1.The University of Queensland
2. The University of New South Wales
3. Virginia Tech
4. Curtin University
5. University of Wollongong
Hopefully, all the information related to Mining Engineering will be found in this blog. If you want to become Mining Engineering then by calling 1800572000 Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with experts and get better guidance.