Technology has developed rapidly especially in the last 40 years, making humanity more and more dependent on it. Its use has increased manifold in recent times. Computer software controls important functions of various technologies, making software engineering a necessity in almost every field. MSc software engineering is a course that provides the necessary knowledge and understanding to students aspiring to make a career in this field. Let us know about MSc Software Engineering.
|Course||MSc Software Engineering|
|full form||master of science in software engineering|
|Qualification||10+2 + Bachelors Degree + Entrance Exam|
|type of exam||Semester|
|admission process||based on entrance exam|
|Job option after course||-Software Engineer -Java Professional -Testing Engineer -Software Manager -Game Developer|
|average salary||1 to 5 lakh/year|
What is MSc Software Engineering?
MSc software engineering It is a 2 year postgraduate course offered over 4 semesters. The syllabus is designed in such a way that the students get the basic as well as advanced knowledge of software engineering. This course prepares the students with sound technical knowledge about the subject so that they can excel in the marketing industry.
Why choose MSc Software Engineering?
Some of the reasons for choosing this course are given below-
- Students gain an in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of engineering, technical skills and analytical skills required to work in a software field.
- As compared to BSC course, MSc Software Engineering provides in-depth knowledge about the subject.
- There is a possibility of placement for the graduates in reputed software companies in public and private sectors.
- Attractive salary packages are offered with an average salary of Rs 5 lakh to Rs 12 lakh per annum.
- A large number of employment opportunities are available in this sector.
Skills for MSc Software Engineering
Some of the important skills for MSc Software Engineering are mentioned below-
- Must have knowledge of programming languages like C++, Java, web development.
- Must have knowledge of programming languages like Python, Kotlin.
- Knowledge of digital marketing.
- Programming knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge of computer algorithm, operating system, software, database handling etc.
- analytical skills
- problem solving skills
- technical skills
- Teamwork etc.
msc software engineering syllabus
The list of subjects covered in MSc Software Engineering is given below-
|Semester I||Semester II|
|reliability management||software quality engineering|
|Information Technology and Project Management||Personal Development and Research Management|
|software engineering support environment||Android Application Development|
|engineering chemistry||Multivariate Calculus and Differential Equations|
|Environmental Studies||modern physics|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|problem solving using c||network programming|
|comprehensive examination||data warehousing|
|ethics and values||technical communication|
|english for engineers||multimedia computing|
|interactive design||Digital Electronics & Microprocessor|
Top Universities in the World for MSc Software Engineering
Here we have given the list of top universities in the world for MSc Software Engineering-
- Harvard University
- university of oxford
- Dalhousie University
- staffordshire university
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Toronto
- Technical University of Munich
- university of greenwich
- HAN University of Applied Science
Top Universities in India for MSc Software Engineering
Given below is the list of top universities in India for MSc Software Engineering-
- Hindu College, University of Delhi
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Shyam Institute of Management and Technology, New Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Hindustan College of Arts and Science, [एचसीएएस] Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Open University, [TNOU] Chennai
- St. Francis College, Hyderabad
- Jagruti Degree and Post Graduate College, [जेडीपीजीसी] Hyderabad
- MIT World Peace University, [एमआईटी-डब्ल्यूपीयू] Pune
- ASM Group of Institute, Pune
Eligibility for MSc Software Engineering
The essential qualification for MSc Software Engineering is as follows-
- Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized school or board.
- Universities require that the student has taken science, mathematics, physics, chemistry You have studied with the subject.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree with relevant subject is required.
- In this, most of the universities give admission through entrance examination.
- gate, IMU CET etc. are some of the major entrance examinations of the country.
- To study in a foreign university, from the candidate SAT,gate etc. scores are sought.
- as proof of English proficiency IELTS either TOEFL either PTE etc. test scores are required.
- In addition to these requirements abroad Lor, S.O.P., CV/Resume, portfolio etc. are also required.
The application process for MSc Software Engineering in India and foreign universities is explained below:
Abroad Application Process
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is choosing the right course and university.
- After selecting the course and university, research about the eligibility criteria of that university for that course.
- Collect the required test scores and documents.
- Fill the application form by visiting the university site or you Leverage Edu You can also take the help of experts.
- Wait for the offer and prepare for the interview if selected.
- Pay the required tuition fee after clearing the interview round and get the scholarship, student visa, education loan And apply for hostel.
Some of the important documents are listed below-
Are you looking for an education loan to study abroad, apply today Leveraged Finance Avail and get education loan based on your course and university.
Application Process in Indian Universities
The application process in Indian universities is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
Some of the important documents are listed below-
- Your 10th or 12th exam mark sheet and pass certificate
- proof of date of birth
- school leaving certificate
- transfer certificate
- Domicile Certificate / Residential Proof or Certificate
- provisional certificate
- character certificate
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate
- Proof of Disability (if any)
- Migration Certificate (Migration)
Some of the entrance exams for software engineering are given in the table below-
msc software engineering best books
The important books that can be studied while studying MSc Software Engineering are-
|The Pragmatic Programmer||David Thomas, Andrew Hunt||buy here|
|clean code||Martin Robert C||buy here|
|The Mythical Man-Month||Frederick Brooke Jr.||buy here|
|code complete||Steve McConnell||buy here|
|The Art of Computer Programming||Donald E. Knuth||buy here|
Career after MSc Software Engineering
MSc Software Engineering is one of those engineering branches that has a wide range of options available to the students. Students who want to work in government sectors can apply for various competitive exams. Students can opt for further studies or work in private firms. After completing MSc Software Engineering, students will get ample opportunities in various job sectors.
Software engineering graduates can choose some courses for further studies, such as-
There are various job profiles available to apply for MSc Software Engineering like- Software Manager, Java Professional, Software Developer and Software Engineer, Application Engineer, Software Testing Engineer etc.
Jobs are available in both public and private sectors. Top recruiting companies include –
- Tech Mahindra
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- USTGlobal Inc.
- SAP Labs India
- Wipro Technologies Limited
- Nokia Inc.
- Cerner Corp.
salary after msc software engineering
The starting salary for MSc Software Engineering graduates is 15-40K INR per month. Some of the major job profiles after MSc Software Engineering and their salary as per Payscale are given below-
|job profile||Annual Salary (in INR)|
|software engineer||2 to 10 lakh|
|java professional||2 to 6 lakh|
|testing engineer||1 to 3 lakh|
|software manager||3 to 5 lakh|
|game Dev||2 to 7 lakh|
MSc Software Engineering is a 2 year postgraduate course offered over 4 semesters. The syllabus is designed in such a way that the students get advanced knowledge along with the basics of software engineering. This course prepares the students with sound technical knowledge about the subject so that they can excel in the marketing industry.
The MSc in Software Engineering teaches the principles of modern software engineering together with tools, methods and techniques. This is a great course for every student who wants to understand every aspect of software engineering.
MSc Software Engineering is one of those engineering branches that has a wide range of options available to the students. Students who want to work in government sectors can apply for various competitive exams. Students can opt for further studies or work in private firms.
Admission to MSc Software Engineering in India is generally through an entrance, interview and verification round.
We hope that this blog has given you all the information related to MSc Software Engineering. If you aspire to study MSc Software Engineering abroad, call 1800 572 000 today for the best guidance and Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with the experts.