Information technology is the study and use of computers ranging from storage, collection to sending information for various applications. To continue to operate in a competitive environment, one must gradually adapt to the fluent use of technology. This not only optimizes the work but also ensures high accuracy. Hence there is a high demand for qualified, competent software engineers. Students are now pursuing MTech Information Technology because of the high demand for skilled professionals. In this blog, all the details about MTech Information Technology are covered.
|Course||mtech information technology|
|Top Recruiting Companies||IBM, Intel, HP, TCS, Amazon|
|job profiles||-Senior software engineer
-Senior Software Developer/Programmer
,software developer,project Manager
– information technology consultant
What is MTech Information Technology?
Doing MTech Information Technology provides a strong foundation and refined skills for the students. This course covers some of the essential core topics like Computer Networks, Database Management Systems, Data Structures and Algorithms, Embedded Systems, Network Security and Cryptography, Theory of Computation, Web Programming and Management Information Systems etc. which you will study during this course.
Why do MTech Information Technology?
To know why to do MTech Information Technology, read the points given below-
- In this, students learn the use of software and computer applications to design, develop, execute, support or manage information systems.
- Information technology is a rapidly expanding field of computer science which is easily used by everyone in daily life.
- Tech Information Technology course one can apply for jobs in various industries including pharmaceuticals, space research, biotechnology and environment management.
- MNCs like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Vodafone and HCL offer jobs for Information Technology graduates.
- Career opportunities are available for Information Technology graduates in both the public and private sectors globally.
Some of the skills for MTech Information Technology are given below-
- project management
- cyber security
- problem solving
- artifical Intelligence
- understanding of programming languages
- data analysis
- machine learning
- team work
How to do MTech Information Technology?
Step by step guide for MTech Information Technology is given below-
- Get a Bachelors degree in Information Technology.
- entrance exams like GATE and for foreign GRE Prepare for etc. and get better marks.
- Go through the detailed syllabus and syllabus.
- Choose the most suitable career option for you after studies.
- Improve your skills.
- Internship to get real time experience.
- You can apply for jobs in top recruiting companies.
Though the syllabus may vary from one university to another but there are some subjects which are almost same in all and the subjects which are taught in MTech Information Technology are given below-
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- operating systems
- software engineering
- computer network
- object oriented Programming
- Object Tech Lab
- web technology
- web technology lab
- artifical Intelligence
- computer organization
- database management system
- Advance Microprocessor
- image processing
- Knowledge Management
- object oriented software engineering
top foreign universities
Given below is the list of top universities offering MTech Information Technology course-
Top Indian Universities
There are many colleges offering MTech Information Technology degree. These are some of the most prestigious and competitive colleges in India. Admission to any one of these colleges is done on the basis of GATE exam. Apart from the entrance exam, colleges also assess a student’s potential on the basis of their performance in the Bachelors course. The top universities for MTech Information Technology are-
- IIT Kharagpur
- NIT Rourkela
- IIT Dhanbad
- NIT Mangalore
- Delhi Technological University (DTU)
- Parul University
- NIT Patna
- NIT Jamshedpur
The general eligibility for MTech Information Technology is as follows:
- Basic 10+2 qualification or equivalent should be obtained from a recognized board. The Higher Secondary syllabus should consist of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Science, Technology or Engineering from a recognized University BScBTech, BE.
- GATE/GRE: GATE exam is mandatory for admission in Indian universities for MTech Information Technology. It is equivalent to an entrance exam. The GRE is an additional test that must be taken for applications to universities outside India.
- Private universities in India may also have separate entrance exams.
- like english language test TOEFL/IELTS,PTE,duolingo Marks of examinations are mandatory.
In order to apply, the candidate has to complete the process given below:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can visit our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you can check out our Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000.
Application process for Indian University
The application process by Indian Universities is given below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
You will need the following required documents-
Some of the entrance exams for MTech Information Technology are as follows:
- AP PGECET
- JNUEE 2022
- Karnataka PGCET 2022
- CUSAT CAT 2022
- JMIEE 2021
- BVP CET 2022
- SAAT 2022
- HPCET 2022
- KMAT 2022
- CUCET 2022
- MAH MCA CET 2022
- NIMCET 2022
- WBJEE JECA
- BVP B-CAT
- BHU PET 2022
- TS ICET 2022
Some of the books for MTech Information Technology are-
There are many job fields available after doing MTech in Information Technology. Different industry sectors have different requirements and students can choose to work in the field depending on the specialization pursued during the Masters course. There are few job profiles that you can choose for yourself-
- software developers
- information technology consultant
- computer forensic analyst
- business analyst
- computer network designer
- systems analyst
- testing engineer
Here is a list of companies that hire IT graduates-
- Morgan Stanely
- Ernst & Young
- E-commerce: Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra
Job Profile and Salary
Given below is the job profile and salary for MTech Information Technology graduates as per Payscale:
The average salary for new graduates of MTech Information Technology is between INR 5-20 Lakhs annually. This is relatively high, unlike other branches of engineering, due to the high demand for IT graduates.
The duration of MTech Information Technology course is 2 years.
The cost of doing M.Tech is 5-6 lakhs. This is relatively less compared to doing MS. The salary earned after completing MTech Information Technology course is much more than the fees. So it may be appropriate to do so.
No, B.Sc. is a three-year graduate course with a focus on IT networking and software, whereas a bachelor’s degree in information technology is a four-year course.
From ordering food from our favorite restaurant to running the government, information technology has become an integral part of our lives and plays a vital role in the orderly functioning of society. Thousands of students are pursuing higher education in this stream at various graduate and post graduate levels. It also has many career opportunities.
Top recruiting companies for Information Technology graduates are IBM, Infosys, Dell, Intel, Wipro, Accenture etc.
Hope you liked this blog of ours in the context of MTech Information Technology. If you also want to study MTech Information Technology course from any foreign university, then today 1800 572 000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with our experts. They will also help you in the application process with a proper guidance.