The University of Michigan is the ideal destination for all students who wish to pursue their higher education in the US, who are looking for a leading university. Making a mark by providing world-class education in almost every field, the University of Michigan continues to hold a slew of popular traditions today. Some of the popular traditions followed in the university are Interclass Carnival, Ingalls Mall Fountain, Michigan Football etc. Do you also want all the information about this unique university, so let’s know about the University of Michigan through this blog.
|University||University of Michigan|
|Global QS University Ranking 2022||#23|
|Total International Students||7052|
|Endowments||$11.9 billion (₹75,829 crore)|
|fees||Undergraduate – 20,000-60,000 (₹15.24-45.74 lakh)
Postgraduate – $20,000-75,000 (₹15.24-57.18 lakh)
University of Michigan
Founded in 1817, the University of Michigan is a major public research university in the US, located in Ann Arbor. Michigan is home to more than 46,000 students coming from more than 139 countries and all 50 states in the United States. The Ann Arbor campus is spread over 3207 acres. There are also two regional campuses in Flint and Dearborn. Michigan’s average fresher retention rate is 97 percent. Which is also an indicator of student satisfaction.
The university has over 1400 student clubs, societies and community service organizations. The university has a rich athletic heritage. Michigan’s athletic teams compete in the NCA division known collectively as the Wolverines. In addition, more than 250 Michigan athletes or coaches have participated in the Olympic Games and won more than 150 medals. The university excels not only in education and research but also in sports and other activities.
It is home to major research centers in optics, wireless integrated microsystems, reconfigurable manufacturing systems and interdisciplinary research in social science. Michigan is classified as ‘R1: Doctoral Universities’, which means the university falls in the category of ‘very high research activity’.
The University of Michigan spends more than $1 billion annually on research activities, one of the largest research budgets of any American university.
Why choose the University of Michigan?
Some of the reasons why Kings were chosen for their education are given below-
- reputation: Michigan The university is a very popular and reputed university. The university, known for its excellent performance, ranks high in the lists of various university rankings every year. Michigan is ranked #23 in the QS University Rankings 2022.
- Campus and Accommodation: The university provides accommodation facilities on campus to UG and PG students. The university has 18 residence halls and apartments and provides accommodation to 9500 students each year.
- Program: The university offers 250 bachelor’s, 100 doctoral and 200 master’s courses. Among the programs offered by the university are doctoral degrees in the social sciences, humanities, and STEM fields. Apart from this, it also offers professional degrees in Business, Law, Pharmacy, Social Work, Architecture, Public Health, Dentistry and Medicine.
- Loan: The university also offers an international student loan program for international students facing financial crisis.
- ScholarshipThere are many scholarship schemes in the university that provide financial aid to the students. Among them are Federal Pell Grant, TEACH Grant, Michigan Indian Tuition Waiver etc.
Do you know? Michigan’s athletic teams have won more than 50 national championships in 12 sports.
University of Michigan Rankings
The rankings of the University of Michigan are as follows:
|Times Higher Education Impact Ranking 2021||#22|
|QS World University Ranking 2022||#21|
|US News & World Report, Top Global Universities 2022||#27|
|US News & World Report, Top National Universities 2022||#17|
|ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2021||#22|
University of Michigan Acceptance Rate
With so many international students applying every year, the University of Michigan is undoubtedly a well-known choice among students. It offers courses in various disciplines- 250 Bachelors courses, 100 Doctorate, and 200 Masters. Some of its most popular courses are Business, Economics and Computer Science. The University of Michigan acceptance rate is 23%. Hence, the competition to secure a seat is tough especially among international students. Here, students who excel in academic fields and co-curricular activities are selected. Many applicants admitted to the University of Michigan have SAT scores between 1340 and 1530, or ACT scores between 31 and 34.
UMich means the University of Michigan is ranked #23 in the world in the QS rankings in 2022 and #1 in the state.
Important Dates of University of Michigan
Admission to this university is through three intakes – Summer, Winter and Fall. The Michigan latest updates are explained below:
- University of Michigan UG Admission 2022: UG Registration is open from October 1, 2021 to February 2022. The registration deadline for the early decision is November 1, 2021. The final decision is to be issued in early April 2022.
- The fall intake registration for M.Sc Computer Science and Engineering admission has started. Students can apply till January 2022.
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can directly contact the representative of the university of your choice.
Top Courses at the University of Michigan
Some of the popular degree courses offered by the University of Michigan are as follows-
You AI Course Finder With the help of this, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
University of Michigan Fees
The tuition fees at the University of Michigan are as follows-
|program||Average Annual Fee (in USD)|
|undergraduate||20,000-60,000 (₹15.24-₹45.74 lakh)|
|post graduate||20,000-75,000 (₹15.24-₹57.18 lakh)|
cost of living in america
The cost of living in the US depends on the lifestyle of the students, below are the common cost of living-
|types of expenses||Amount (USD/annual)|
|tuition fees||28,000-55,000 (INR 20.65-40.55 Lakh)|
|Accommodation and the Internet||6,000-14,000 (INR 4.42-10.32 Lakh)|
|Books & Stationery||500-800 (INR 36,000-58,000)|
|Food and outing||2,500 (INR 1.84 Lakh)|
|seasonal clothing||500 (INR 36,000)|
|Other expenses||1,000 (INR 73,000)|
|medical expenses||400 (INR 29,000)|
To know the cost of living according to your living standards, you can Cost of Living Calculator You can use.
Eligibility for Admission to the University of Michigan
The University of Michigan has certain general eligibility requirements for its courses that every student must meet in order to be eligible for the course. Although actual course requirements may vary by program, here are the general qualifications for bachelor’s and master’s courses offered by the University of Michigan:
Eligibility for Bachelor’s degree course
- For Bachelor’s degree course, the applicant must have secured first class (60-80%) marks in class 12th.
- From the applicant for some specific Bachelor’s course SAT either ACT Scores are requested.
- If the original transcript is not in English, the student must also provide an official translation.
- English proficiency test for any course like PTE, Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTS Scores are required.
Qualification for Master’s degree course
- For Master’s degree course, all applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Bachelor’s degree must have a first or higher second class (2.1) or at least 3.88 (or international equivalent) GPA.
- For these postgraduate courses GMAT either GRE score is required.
- MBA And for some other specialized masters program applicants must have at least two years of full-time work experience.
- If the original transcript is not in English, an official translation must also be provided.
- English proficiency test for any course like PTE, Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTS Scores are required.
required test scores
Application Process for University of Michigan
The application process for the University of Michigan is detailed below:
- First of the University of Michigan official website Register by going to
- After registering on the website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course.
- Now educational qualification, IELTS, TOEFLRequired Test Scores, SOP, LOR Fill the application form with
- Then submit the application form and pay the required application fee of £75 (7500 INR). You can also contact the experts of Leverage Edu for more details. They can also help you with the application process, from writing an effective SOP.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000,
Some of the required documents are listed below-
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- passport size photo
- Scanned passport photocopy
- updated CV
- GMAT,GRE,IELTS, TOEFL or required test scores
- Professional/Academic LORs
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
Scholarship Schemes at University of Michigan
Some of the major scholarship schemes of the University of Michigan are as follows-
|Federal Pell Grant||Awarded only to the lowest-income families and students seeking a Bachelors degree.|
|TEACH Grant (Teacher Education Aid for College and Higher Education)||,|
|Michigan Indian Tuition Waiver||Students must be at least blood North American Indian (certified by the Tribal Enrollment Department).|
|Wolverine Access Grant||Bachelors is awarded to students obtaining their first Bachelors degree. Candidates must complete the financial aid application process by the priority deadline.|
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor has an overall placement rate of 95%. Graduates receive salary packages of up to USD 83,000 (INR 62.25 Lakh) after completing their degree from UMich.
The names of some notable alumni of the University of Michigan are as follows:
|tom brady||American NFL players|
|Michael Phelps||American swimmer, 28 Olympic medalist|
|Gerald Ford||38th President of America|
|ben carson||American politician|
|Larry Page||american businessman|
|James Earl Jones||american actor|
|Iggy Pop||American musician|
|selma blair||american actress|
|Darren Criss||american actor, singer|
|Ann Coulter||American media expert|
The GPA required for admission to Michigan is 3.88.
The annual fee for undergraduate courses at the university is $20,000 – $60,000 (₹15.24 lakh – ₹45.74 lakh), while the fee for postgraduate is $20,000 – $75,000 (₹15.24 lakh – ₹57.18 lakh).
Admission to Michigan is extremely competitive, so the GMAT score required for MBA admission is 710.
The University of Michigan acceptance rate is 22.9%.
We hope that you have got all the information related to the University of Michigan through this blog. If you also wish to study in this prestige college, then today 1800 572 000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with the experts. They will also help you in the application process with proper guidance.