The vast field of art can never be put in a single definition. The field of fine arts is a good field to make a career. Fine art not only includes painting and color, but it is actually a much wider field than we think. It includes music, dance, photography, interior design, graphic designing and illustration, theatre, pottery, architecture, Animation, others included. So, if you want to make a career in fine arts, then you must know about the fine arts course. Read this blog to know in detail about Fine Arts Course.
Why choose Fine Art?
The main reason for choosing this career as fine art is that art is a medium through which you can express what you think. You can best describe your thinking on a blank canvas. Nowadays, art is not limited to traditional art techniques, but has spread to various styles such as art on glass, clothing, pottery, etc. 3D Arts and animation With the advent of such technology, art is being seen as a good career option. Thousands of students across the world are opting for professional and degree programmes, diploma and certificate courses to pursue an exciting career in the arts.
Skills for a Career in Fine Art
Following are the key skills to make a career in fine arts:
- To make a career in fine arts, you must have the skills to apply your knowledge of colors, tones and highlights so that you can complete your work with art and creativity in a given time frame.
- To pursue a career in fine arts, you need to be able to work at a high level. Whether in a team or alone, he should be able to complete his work honestly.
- To pursue a career in fine arts, you need to be professional and courteous, understand oral and written instructions, and follow safety guidelines.
- To make a career in fine arts, you need to be well versed with different colors and the methods that help in mixing them.
- To pursue a career in fine arts, you must have good communication and language skills to present your work.
fine arts courses
Art is not limited to one field, rather it is a set of different fields in which you get the freedom to express yourself. Depending on its specializations, one can choose from a variety of courses from diploma to master’s degree. Some of the popular fine arts courses are listed below:
- Diploma in Painting
- Junior Diploma Course Part 1
- Junior Diploma Course Part 2
- Certificate Course in Painting
- Certificate in Visual Arts – Painting
- Junior Certificate in Fine Arts Part 1
- Junior Certificate in Fine Arts Part 2
- BA in Painting and Drawing
- BA Painting
- BFA Painting
- BFA Applied Arts
- Bachelor in Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Design (Hons)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor in Arts of Theater and Performance Studies
- Bachelor in Fine Arts (Illustration)
- Bachelor in Fine Arts in Graphic Designing
- Bachelor in Fine Arts in Digital Communication Arts
- Bachelor of Interior Design (Hons)
- Bachelor of Design- Interior and Environmental Design (Honors)
- Bachelor of Design in Interior Architecture (Hons)
- Bachelor of Design Innovation (Animation and Visual Effects)
- Bachelor in Arts of Visual Communication- Photography
- Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies
- Master in Fine Arts in Film and Television
- Master in Fine Arts
- Masters of Design in Interior Design
- Masters in Arts (Architecture)
- Master of Fine Arts in Photography
- MA Visual Arts (Fine Art Digital)
- MA in Painting
- MA Fine Art Painting
- MFA Fine Art
Top Foreign Universities for Fine Arts Courses
Take a look at the list below which clarifies the top universities offering fine arts and its variants-
Indian universities to make career in art
Below is a list of top Indian universities that are famous for offering fine arts courses to their students-
- College of Arts, University of Delhi
- Faculty of Visual Arts, Banaras Hindu University
- Faculty of Fine Arts, Maharaja Sayajirao University
- Chamarajendra Academy of Visual Arts, University of Mysore
- Kala Bhavan, Visva Bharati University
- Indira Kala Sangeet University, Khairagarh
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya, Satna
- Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata
- Sir JJ School of Art, Mumbai
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
Eligibility Criteria for Fine Arts Course
Some of the general qualifications for fine arts course are mentioned below-
- For Fine Arts Course, the candidate must have passed (10+2) from a recognized board with 50% marks.
- Students can be from any stream. Arts students are selected on the basis of preferences.
- For this you have to do graduation in arts like Bachelor in Fine Arts, Bachelor of Design etc.
- You can also do BFA (Bachelor of fine arts in painting) to gain more understanding. For master’s degree, you must have a bachelor’s degree in fine arts or a related subject.
- Some colleges conduct their own entrance exams (like NID, NIFT and CET etc.) to make a career in art in India, on the basis of which students are selected. For some universities abroad ACT, SAT etc. scores are required.
- Abroad with above requirements IELTS either TOEFL Test marks are required.
- Also for applications in foreign universities SOP, LOR And CV/Resume And portfolio is also needed.
The application process for admission in foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssays, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all the required documents, the Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
The application process in the universities of India is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
Along with knowing the fine arts course, it is also very important to know about the admission process. Admission for pursuing a career in arts can generally take place in two ways – on the basis of merit and entrance test. The admission process may be different in each university.
- Merit-Based: Admission to some universities to pursue a career in arts is based on merit. In this, provisional admission is offered to the applicants who meet the qualification and cut off in the university or college.
- On the basis of entrance exam: Entrance exam is conducted by many colleges and universities to admit students to the course to make career in arts. Candidates are shortlisted for the admission process, which includes counseling rounds after clearing these entrance exams. Given below are the names of some famous universities entrance exams:
Best Books for Fine Arts Courses
Given below are the books which are mostly used as reference in top colleges for arts profession-
|book name||author name||buy from here|
|Art History: A Very Brief Introduction||dana arnold||buy from here|
|digital multimedia||Nigel Chapman||buy from here|
|Indian Art: A Brief History||Craven, Roy C. London Thames and Hudson||buy from here|
|Comparative Aesthetics: Indian and Western||Pandey KC||buy from here|
|a world history of art||Hugh Honor, John Fleming||buy from here|
You can make a good career in fine art. Here are some of the top job profiles associated with Fine that you can work in:
- fine artist
- graphic designer
- 3D Visualizer
- creative director
- design trainer
- art historian
Job Profiles and Salary
The average annual salary of an artist is USD 40,423 (INR 30.31 Lakh) in the US and 32,606 (INR 32.60 Lakh) in the UK. Let us now know about the employment prospects of artist in India. Along with making a career in fine arts, you have excellent employment opportunities. Their average annual salary as per Payscale is given below-
|employment opportunities||Annual Salary (INR)|
|fine artist||3-4 lakhs|
|graphic designer||4-6 lakhs|
|3D Visualizer||7-9 lakhs|
Some programs at the International College require an interview. If a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, then surely the university calls for an interview. In case the candidate is from any other country, the interview is conducted through online video conferencing.
You can advance your career in the fields like Fine Artist, Animator, Cartoonist, Graphic Designer, 3D Visualizer, Photographer etc.
We hope that from today’s blog you will get the fine arts course. All the important information about If you also want to study fine arts abroad, then today 1800 572 000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with our experts. They will help you to provide all the above mentioned facilities with proper guidance.